Footprints in the sand
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC: 334 OOC: Rawr! He's all guilty and stuff specially after he had a run in with vigil Tongue

He had not been near the city in some time, but he saw it looming in front of him as he moved in the sands of the Shattered coast. He tended to keep away from the old rotting city now, after he'd been attacked by a loner who appeared to have a horrible hate for him, though it seemed Niro had been trespassing a the time, but he had to get his bird out of the large building she'd flown into. His thoughts kept him far enough away that he might not go there again. He turned his attention back on the beach, watching the tide push and pull at the tiny grains of sand that lay over the beach. Niro moved closer to the water, but knew that it was much too cold to go in, but he wanted a closer look, even though he lived right by the water, there was always something new to see, and to learn as he crept closer.

The waves reminded him of the first time he came here... over a year ago... and then his thoughts went straight to the fact his birthday would be in a few days. He'd not heard word from his sister after she told him that she was pregnant with that asshole's children. Now he would be turning two alone. He'd find a way to get to his twin though, but he didn't want to leave Amaranth alone just in case something happened to the puppies that she was carrying herself. Already two and he had three children and more on the way. It made him wonder what kind of wolf he was. He felt dirty and unclean just from thinking about the women he had been with. He was loyal to a fault with Amaranth but before her it had been one and before that one it had been someone he'd just met... how he could let himself do that... was beyond him.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]

5pts.

@.@ Long post is long. Optime form, she doesn't notice him until after she goes into the water. Cold Talitha.

Life had grown dark to the eyes of the Lykoi since the realization that her father, perfect and holy thing that she believed him to be, was simply a man like any other. Days had flown by since her altercation with the de le Poer men. It took concentration to recall what she had done to them, and in the end she simply didn't want to remember. Ezekiel, her most precious possession within the surrounding world, had fled her. Gabriel had simply set down more of the skeletons hidden in the back of his life. Siblings. Siblings that she didn't want, that were not needed. A world to replace her, as she had always expected.

Leaving Inferni, even if it was only for the hours of daylight, seemed to combat the sorrow she'd begun to wallow in. How had she missed it? How had her life run away from her so quickly? Though it was illogical, she couldn't help but believe that Gabriel was punishing her for Faolin's mistake. His mate had left, and his daughter was suffering for it; of course, that was a wholly self-centered way to think of the world. The princess was not the Aquila's daughter any more than through a physical bond. He had created her, but he had never offered the same comfort as the fathers of other children.

As she approached the Shattered Coast from the west, plans had formed in the twisted little mind between her black-rimmed ears. The purpose of traveling so far to see something that could be seen from Inferni itself had been simple. Drowning in the sea would leave no body for her family to find. She believed it would be easier that way. There could be no suffering if they believed she had run away, like she had in the past. Disappearing was not something uncommon when it came to Talitha Lykoi.

Her death would benefit everyone.

The water was cold as it rolled over cream-furred toes, rising up to her knees and then thighs as she waded into the sea off the stony coast. How quickly it chilled to her bones, crimson eyes gazing absently out across the water. Nothing was right. Her world was upside down and backwards. Colors were gone. Gabriel had been knocked far from the pedestal he once housed upon. His daughter was failing, as she had expected. Without Ezekiel, whom she had yet to apologize to, everything was wrong.

It was the scent of sea water and another canid that drew her from the ruins of her mind. As the wind whipped her curls about her face, she turned to search for the stranger whose scent was wrapped in the air. Ruby gaze scoured the rocky beach until they landed upon the grey body of a man; he had been lost to her as she had approached, but she could see him clearly enough at that moment. It would be impossible to commit the act she'd gone there for with another present. Delicate fingers combed through auburn locks, wading back to the shore so she could approach him. It was better than being alone, even if he was a wolf.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*NS01-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. NS01-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns01-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-top:1px solid;}
.ns01-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;}
.ns01-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 241 OOC: It’s bleh :o

Niro was nearly too deep in thought to see the woman wading into the water, that was until he felt the presence of eyes on him. He stopped himself from delving into his mind to see what was going on and there in the water was a female canine. He could tell she was not wolf but she was not close enough for him to identify her really well. That did not matter. What did matter was that she was in the middle of the water, which was possibly below freezing standing there. At first he wasn’t sure what to do, but she was staring right at him, now not moving from her spot.

“Hey what are you doing in there? You’ll catch your death!”

He called out, thinking that there was something wrong with the woman’s head. He did not think once that she was at all trying to kill herself. He found something like that quite absurd. Who would want to throw away the one life they had? Niro had never thought that some’s life could ultimately bee so bad that they thought they could not fix it, though he had days where he wanted to just give up and let some of the scavanging wolves likk him, he still kept himself as strong as he could. So not once did he think she was out there to relieve herself from her own life.

<style>
.niroocean .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niroocean p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niroocean b {color:#AAD0E9; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niroocean-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Word Count→383

The chill of the water only became more prominent as she found herself back in the cold air; Winter was not her season, and even though it was fading into Spring, the cold made its mark in her days. She couldn't wait for it to be over, though she wondered if she'd be around to see such a turn of events. After all, she had gone to the coast in order to end a life that held no current meaning, to commit a grievous sin that would certainly send her to the place she expected her Soul would remain after a natural death anyways. All thoughts of death left her as the stranger spoke, however, asking what she was doing in the water. She'd catch her death. Yes, that's the idea. The Lykoi laughed at her own internal joke, approaching with all the caution of an anxious enemy.

It was clear enough that he wasn't from Dahlia de Mai, but he was still a wolf. Crimson eyes passed over features, taking in the feathers woven through a dark hawked mane, fixing on green eyes, catching sight of golden earrings. "I was going to drown myself. It only makes sense that I enter the water, cold as it is," she whispered. Where once she had gained new voice, able to speak clearly and confidently to the members of Inferni or otherwise, she had lost it yet again. The words spoken by Gabriel de le Poer had left the deepest scars, more so than any other moment in her past; even marks given by Andrezej had healed over, while Gabriel's voice left still-bleeding wounds on her heart. She had failed him, had only proved to be a Massacre when she had wished to remove that part from her world.

A saccharine smile appeared on creme lips as she reached her destination, standing still only a few feet from the male. "It's a bit cold to be aimlessly wandering the beach, dear prince. Unless you have purpose for your presence?" The question was easy, purely for informational purposes rather than to interrogate. While she didn't believe in anything as ridiculous as kismet or predetermined paths in life, she did take to faith when it came to people being in the right place at the wrong time.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*NS01-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. NS01-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns01-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-top:1px solid;}
.ns01-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;}
.ns01-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 328 OOC: Niro is all like... buuuuutt whhhhyyyyy ; ;

Her laughter confused him and he tilted his head a little in that confusion. She cleared that when she answered him and he couldn’t help but start a little, though she seemed to be moving out of the freezing waters. She stood a few feet in front of him, his heart beating, trying to figure out exactly what she meant, though he knew... he knew and yet it almost didn’t comprehend. She spoke and he looked at her, was there a purpose for him being here?

“I... well I needed a place to think. Really had no purpose that I thought of.”

Niro stammered a little. She’d taken him off guard. Yes he was here... but he could as easily went somewhere else. He knew he would be left alone by his friends. He knew they would be asking questions, and judging him and who knew what if he stayed in his pack lands. Here he knew so few that it didn’t matter, even if they judged him he would more likely not see them again. Niro sat and curled his tail, then looked at her.

“Why would you want yourself to die?”

He asked unsure he really wanted to know the answer to that question. It was possibly too private and she wouldn’t tell him anyway... but maybe if she talked about it, she might find a different solution to such a thing. Life was special because it only gave you once chance. There were no retries, no cheating death and coming back... no nothing. When you died you were gone... for good. He learned that at an early age... even though he did not see his parents die. he knew they must be, because his mother and father would have ravaged the lands looking for them. So he knew death, and its consequences. What he didn’t know... why anyone would shorten the life they have... on purpose?

<style>
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

It was clear enough that she'd confused him, or at least caused a rush of concern. As she spoke a question, he glanced toward her. His answer seemed easy enough to comprehend. She prefered a place to think that wasn't near others who could pester her; they never offered the silence needed for deep contemplation. Otherwise he had no purpose. She could sympathize. She rarely had a purpose for anything she did. Not a logical purpose, at least.

Her smile faded into nothing once more and she turned ruby eyes out over the ocean as it crashed against the coast; had she not been distracted by the wolf, she would have been swept out in the waves. Death in itself was not something thought upon by the Lykoi. Though it provided an easy out, she did not truly understand the concept of simply not being any longer. The idea that everything would be out of her reach did not enter her mind. Dying was easy, but understanding was hard. The Lykoi listened to his question, as the wolf wondered why she wished such an end for herself.

"I've failed my father."

Voice fell to the softest whisper, sorrow welling up behind crimson eyes. The love she had once assumed she claimed from him had been false, leaving his little girl confused and alone. Even Ezekiel had turned away, casting her out of his home. Her worst fears manifested overnight, in the form of a whore and two bastard twins. Jealousy, anger, betrayal all festered within the pit of her stomach. "And he doesn't need me anymore. He's replaced me," she spat. Tears passed over her eyes, but she wiped them away as quickly as they came. There was no time to cry before the stranger.

Silence returned to her as she gazed upon the silver male. Questions left unanswered bubbled up within her mind, but she did not voice them. Instead, she pushed for introduction. "I'm Talitha Lykoi." The name itself held little stock, not like her father's or grandmother's, but she was still proud of it for the moment. Perhaps she would lose the pride later on. Perhaps she would lose her name. It didn't matter, for when she was dead, she wouldn't need one. Of course, for the simple interaction that had distracted her from her purposeful journey to the Shattered Coast, she would need a name.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:396 OOC: Niro is just silly.

Niro listened to her quietly. She failed her father? She must have loved him with every fiber of her being if she were to go to kill herself now... Niro thought. He sighed, what was he suppose to say to this, he didn’t even know who she was. Looking back at the waves he spoke automatically and without thought.

I have made worse mistakes... I have failed my daughters. I will fail my next children... my mate... my parents... and my sister...

It did hurt to announce it that way, but he had. He’d failed his daughters for not being there. The children to come would be jut as bad off, he felt, and his mate, he didn’t do much for her, why was she still with him. His parents... everything he did... well he knew they wouldn’t be proud of his actions. He wasn’t there to protect his sister, he couldn’t join the pack she had, he just couldn’t but he knew if he didn’t she would be left alone... and that’s exactly what he did. Leave her alone.

I do know one thing though... A father cannot replace a child... no matter what. I have three... I care about all three of them, though i cannot see two and... and my Maggie, she is... she is a handful... but I would never and could never replace them. I can say this much... your father could never replace you either.

Niro said. He didn’t know many things, but this... this was one thing he knew. She seemed uncomfortable with the topic though, and introduced herself, it felt rushed, he gave her a light smile.

My name is Niro Takekuro.

He said holding out his hand... it was an automatic response, something he’d been taught a long time ago in a far away land, one that he knew he should forget. He watched Talitha, wondering what it was she had done to fail her father, but he would not push it. If it came, it came. With princess it took a small persuasion, with his sister one look, and with someone like vigilante... it took a lot of patience. He knew one thing... he needed to distract her from thinking of killing herself. Help her find a different alternative to approach this problem.

<style>
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

It seemed he and she were kindred spirits in some strange way. She had failed Gabriel. She had failed God. He had failed everything. It brought the most miniscule smile to her dark features; hearing of another's misfortune only served to fuel a sense of enjoyment in the Lykoi that should never have been there. He was wrong, however, to believe it was a worse mistake. Auburn curls were tossed to the side as she listed to the man, this Niro Takekuro, speak. She didn't offer her hand in response as she mulled over his words. Touching was not on her agenda. Especially not a wolf, not matter how compassionate.

"Perhaps you find yourself unable to replace your daughters. What you do not see is the difference within yourself and my own father. You are young. I believe Gabriel de le Poer has grown too old to love, and he loved me little to begin with." Declaring parentage would have never happened in the past; perhaps she was growing up, able to admit with proud air to her voice that Gabriel de le Poer brought her into the world. Without that tie, she had nothing. She didn't acknowledge Faolin. "To fail Inferni is to fail my father. I do not belong there." Her insecurity would be her undoing, she knew.

Crimson eyes turned toward the ocean. "But I suppose I belong nowhere, not anymore," she whispered. Her words carried out over the sea, and offered some sort of comfort. She knew it was wrong. She belonged with Ezekiel. Under Gabriel's careful watch. In her youth, she had been called a princess; where did the princess run away to? When did she fail sanity? It all brought a pretty laugh to pretty features, as tears soaked into russet fur.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 324 :: <3

Though he did not know this woman’s father he could see she was at war with herself, and he let her speak, he was quiet the whole time... not sure how to handle a situation like this. Never in his life had he dealt with this type of situation and in all honesty he wanted to avoid it at all costs from now on.

“Well... then if you think you’ve failed your father, why not try to please yourself? Your father is not you, and as far as I can see you look like a very capable young woman. You should belong to your own heart and own desires. You are the only one who can truely have any influence over yourself, but you choose to have everyone do it around you... I don’t know you but I don’t think death is your answer... I think you are just trying to find an easy way out. A cowards’ way out.”

He said, yes he was sure the woman would hate him, to even attack him and he expected no less than a slap, but this was what he believed she was doing. Trying to end things quick so she didn’t have to deal with them, who knew, her escape just might become her imprisonment, to be tormented about whatever it was that plagued her for all of eternity after she died?

“If you don’t belong there... then why not go somewhere else, rather than this?”

He wasn’t sure how much of a good job he was doing, but he was sure he was failing miserably. He was sure Marahute could sense how he felt because he heard her, one of her rare calls, as she came to find him, though she hadn’t been far, she had not been in Niro’s line of sight for some time. He ignored her though, keeping his attention on Talitha.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.niro-texteagle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
[html]

300+

He was blunt as he spoke, and in the mind of the woman, he was right. Drowning in the sea, away from her family, was the route of a coward who couldn't face the facts; Gabriel had done wrong, but she should not suffer over it. Was he? She doubted that. Somehow, she couldn't see her father suffering over anything. Certainly not over a few children with a dog she expected he cared for more than Inferni. Instead of feeling angry at the man's words, she turned her head to study him. That was a good question. Why didn't she simply leave again? She could run to the mountains, to be with her over-sized Romeo.

But Inferni was her life.

"If you felt you didn't belong with your family, would you run away? With all the wrong you claim to have done, would you still be able to leave your mate and children for such a selfish reason?" Her ears perked at the sound of a bird, but she didn't linger on the sight of one for long. Crimson eyes remained fixed on Niro, focused. Maybe in the past she would have left. Now, she couldn't. With Ezekiel back, she couldn't leave, for fear he'd follow her once more. He deserved to have a life there.

She gave a gentle shake of her head, looking to the sand beneath her toes. "It isn't as easy as it looks. I can't do that to them again; it looks poorly on me, and on Gabriel and Ezekiel." Her flagrant use of the clan as a temporary home made it seem like Gabriel couldn't keep his daughter reigned in. And where would she truly be capable of going? Other packs? No. And with Caillen, she was sure it couldn't be permanent. Inferni was all she had left.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 260 OOC: He's all like wtf woman you're crazy

She had to make Niro think didn’t she. Thinking back on his life, he knew he couldn’t leave his family, not easily. It had been all he had his whole life though. Then again he was not the only one. But if his family didn’t want him there... Thinking about Orin... he knew...

“If my family treated me the way it seems yours is, they would not be family. I would not stay if they showed me they did not care for me.”

This was how he was percieving what Talitha was saying, then she spoke about it not being easy, about how poorly it looked on her.. .and her other family. Niro couldn’t help but let his jaw drop then he looked over at the sea, and back to her.

“And you think drowning yourself in the sea is any better? It’s a cowards way out, how could that be any better than leaving? Not running away, but leaving. Taking your two feet there and moving them elsewhere. It’s better than ending your life completely! You’re completely mad!”

He said, his arms out stretched toward the sea, in an incredulous motion. How could that bee any better than running away, the fact she didn’t have to think about it? Whatever the case it was the stupidest thing he’d ever heard and he lived with his sister most of his life, knowing she said some mighty funny things herself, though more borderlining on fantasy, this was just... he couldn’t explain it.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Though he continued to speak in rather insulting terms, the Lykoi only gave a nod. Perhaps any other day, she would have become defensive, perhaps attacked the grey male. Everything he said in that moment, however, rolled off of her like water on leaves. Her mood was shot. He made it sound so easy to simply walk away, but she knew it was different than his own family. "Yes, mad. Perhaps." Her words echoed his own exclamation, and she glanced in his direction curiously. "Your family can't possibly be like mine, Niro. You're a wolf; wolves are very different. In fact, we don't like wolves." It was blunt. It was true.

Back in her childhood, the wolves were the enemy. She still couldn't pull empathy for wolves out of her carpetbag of vague emotions, but it seemed Inferni itself was becoming more integrated with wolf life than ever. Recently, they had lost a member to his wolf lover in the pack toward the east. It wasn't made easier by the high percentage of wolf blood coursing the veins of her family. And now she was taking advice from one. The world really had turned upside down, leaving her with nothing to hold on to.

"You are not me. To you, it seems so easy. I have nothing without my family. Nothing. And death is a more pleasant existence than being an outcast in your own home; I'm already going to Hell. Why not go sooner?" In an inelegant motion, she dropped onto the ground, stretching slim legs out in front of her body. It had become so exhausting to be a Lykoi.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 278 :: <3

Niro stared blankly at Talitha, he knew his family was different, for one... all he had left of his immidiate family from when he was born, was his sister, and even she was farther from him now. He couldn't protect her. Now, he had a broken family, his mate, his daughter from another woman, and the pups who were soon to be born any time now. He was sure cultures were different, he'd seen many different ones, so he could see how she would say that, but it didn't cause for any hatred between the two species.

"Well just keep contradicting yourself, I'm sure you will do well in the world with and without your family. Though killing yourself won't make their lives.... nor certainly not yours any better."

Niro said flatly, he looked up to spot his bird heading for him. She'd always been a sight to see since she could fly and this time was no different, it was as though she cut through the wind, that it made no difference to her as she swooped down. Niro held his arm up and Marahute landed right on it. Wincing Niro had forgotten his gloves, but she was usually careful as a bird could be, he just wished she wouldn't land so hard.

"I do hope that you change your mind about taking your life, for it's more important than letting it be snuffed in the salt water."

He said staring at her before turning to walk away, scratching the bird under her chin, one of her most favorite spots.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.niro-texteagle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
[html]

Woot! The end! <3

Her distaste of wolves was fueled ever more by the words that came from the grey man beside her. She didn't see the contradiction in her words, and she didn't see the silver lining to life as he spoke. Death would end the suffering of more than just the Inferni princess. Ezekiel would no longer have to suffer the weight of his sister and her inabilities. Gabriel would no longer have to deal with her jealousy. Both men could find new life without the burden of their russet female. Perhaps the new life would be a better life. She watched as Niro turned from her, making his way along the coast with the bird. He was wrong. It would be better for them if she was not present to make life hard.

But she was a selfish woman.

There was a lack of color in the world as she suffered beneath her own faults. Gabriel was not disappointed in his daughter — he would have to care for her first — and Ezekiel had followed her of his own volition. It was not her fault. She had done nothing wrong. The realization caused crimson eyes to widen ever so slightly as they gazed upon the sea. She had done nothing wrong in living her life. In all of her faults, she was perfect. How Gabriel and Ezekiel chose to wind themselves into her world was their own decision.

Her toes twisted against the ground as she found her footprints. Without saying goodbye, the coyote started back in the direction of her home. She could live the life of a Lykoi, and she could be the daughter of Gabriel de le Poer. The past was the past. Now was time for the future.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]