The peace of recovery.
[html]

Leonard stood straight before her, probably to best show her his wounds. He pointed to scars as he talked about them. In order, he went from one below his ribcage, to two on his legs, and then to the one on his shoulder. Ouch! The scars were well earned for a wolf as young as Leonard as far as Layla was concerned. She had listened intently to the male as he went on about his marked up pelt. By the end of it he had trailed off when the story got good. Her blue gaze had noticed his left hand stroking his scarred eye and the distant look on his features.

After the male blinked, he seemed to return to this world of reality. Leonard did not mention any other scars and Layla didn't force him to tell her. He told what he was willing to part with and that was that. Hopefully another day, another place, she'd bump into him again and he'd give her more stories to memorize. Layla changed the subject and he seemed happy enough with that, replying with a grin. Apparently whatever wounded happened to wound him also was the cause for his new home. That was a nice piece of information; it was now obvious that Leonard had a deeper bond with his pack than many other wolves.

The way Leonard described his pack's home and Rabbit Lake had intrigued her. "Sounds too good to believe," Layla said with a short laugh. "Wish I could see it, we're half way to sunset," the female paused. She looked at her legs folded beneath her and contemplated for a short second. "Why haven't you been to the beach? You should go! Maybe I could join you?" Layla asked, honey coating her already sweet words as she tilted her head just a hair and blinked.

Leonard asked about Layla's past, an action that caught her off guard, though she had expected it. Maybe it was because she would have to lie again and she still hadn't gotten quite used to it, though practiced constantly. In an effort to disguise this, Layla looked away and stood up. She brushed herself off quickly before regaining eye contact with the male. "My life? It's boring and sad mostly. I was born in Montana; tornado swept through and killed everyone; I escaped, all thanks to a bath tub in a ruin; I've been traveling ever since." Though the story was sad, Layla gave a small smile when she finished listing the major events in her false past. It was like she didn't have regret anymore or like she had moved on and that he shouldn't worry too much about her.

The female was just a loner.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread