The peace of recovery.
Leon slowly wandered around the outskirts of Crimson territory, listening to the sound of the early morning wild life around him. Around the quietly moving Timber, bird calls and insects could be heard, chirping clicking, etc, in a gentle harmony. He strolled next to a river, with a depth of maybe three feet, and width of about five. Humming to himself, he sat down on a nearby rock, out in the sun.

He had been resting easily at Haven Mansion, and wanted get out and move about again so he could get used to his new bi-pedal form. In the time he'd been recovering, he'd only left his bed on a few occasions, and hadn't worked on adjusting to this new form. He remembered Jaden and Sankara once telling him that shifting was something one could control, but he didn't want to risk ripping his wound open again. Especially not when he knew how much it would irritate Amata. He chuckled and continued humming an old cadence his father had taught him, called "She wore a yellow ribbon."

He picked up a few rocks and juggled them back and forth, dropping all except two, which he hardly kept up. He picked up the rocks again and tried to keep them up, practicing to improve his hands dexterity. He was feeling in a fairly light mood today, his mind simply at ease with the though of a secure home so close.
Layla had been romping about in her Secui form through the forest earlier this fine day. The weather was still cool, but it was getting warmer every day and snow was getting harder to find in Nova Scotia. Despite it sometimes snowing throughout the night outside of the cave she had been dwelling in, most of the frozen water was gone by noon. Tired of her self-games with a twig, she slowed her pace and walked along, heading no where really.

The quiet murmuring of a river graced her ears and Layla licked her lips, thinking how thirsty her childish exertions had made her. With an energetic spring in her step, she pranced to whispering currents she heard, sending a small leather pouch around her neck jostling. The river was a lot farther away then it sounded, but soon enough she felt smooth river rocks beneath her large black paws. Tail raised and wagging happily, she approached the fresh water. Friged cold water lapped at her pads. Water was always colder then the weather, which was welcome hot summer days, but unwanted today. With a shake of her pelt, she drank the water deeply, enjoying its cold properties more so down her throat than in her toes.

Hearing several pebbles drop onto the bank, Layla whipped her head around and her body followed. An Optime wolf was lounging on a rock. She hadn't been very observent and hadn't noticed him, even when he was in direct sunlight. Standing stock still, she decided her next move. Giving herself a mental nod, she allowed herself to change to Optime. Layla had always preferred this form and was slowly finding out that contrary to the belief in the stories her pack told, wolves enjoyed their Optime form too, which was very welcomed.

Now standing at 6' Layla was clearly in the sunlight and her white fur reflected the light like a beacon. Black reached from her toes and fingers to her knees and elbows and tipped her tail, as well as running from her nose, over her face in a wolf mask, and onto the top of her skull, making her flowing hair ink black. Silver studs and cuffs glinted in the sunlight, framing her dark ears. Besides the red tuft of her bangs, the rest of her was pure white as fresh snow. The female fumbled with the leather pouch around her neck, still unused to her own bust. It came loose and she pulled a red piece of cloth from it. Attached was a rope, and she tied it about her waist. A tiny red loincloth that was more for appearance than concealment.

After tying the leather pouch tightly on her loincloth, Layla approached the young male. Earlier, when she had first become aware of his presence, he had been toying with rocks. "Hello!" Layla called. She was in his direction of sight and she had been upwind, so her presence was unlikely a surprise, but it was always better to announce yourself from a distance when possible, she believed. "What'cha doin'? Do you mind if I join you?" the fae asked with a smile.
Leon was lost in his own world as he played with the rocks, watching his fingers begin to play easily over and under them. He grinned and began juggling faster, testing himself. Then his side throbbed, and he winched, dropping all but one of his rocks. With a sigh, he crouched to pick them up again, but froze when he caught the scent of someone nearby. He looked up and met the eyes of a female dog in Optime form, walking towards him and calling out. He breathed out to help relax, then stood up and managed a small smile in return. He was on the road of recovery after all. Physically and emotionally, so trying again wouldn't be so bad.

"Not at all. I am trying to grasp full control of my body, starting with these clumsy hands." He explained, closing and opening his right hand, while rolling the stone in his left. The female was about a foot or so shorter than he, and had an obviously lighter build. But what held his curiosity was the cloth hanging around her waist. He himself wandered around as he was, with no clothing. As did Amata, so far as he had seen. But now, he sudden;y felt exposed, though he brushed it aside. "My name is Leon ven Liudesys. I'm new to this whole, transforming thing." He explained, looking around the river. He was slightly unsettled that he was unable to notice someone upwind from him till they were within calling distance, but he blamed the rocks for distracting him.

"So what brings you to these parts, miss..." Leon trailed off, tilting his head slightly as he leaned on the small boulder behind him, his right arm grasping his abdomen, while his left played with the pebble.
OOC: WOTD - Bivouac (a usually temporary encampment)

"Awesome," Layla replied as the male explained why he had been playing with pebble of all things. And he wasn't even playing with them properly! "Ah, I see. I probably don't have the best coordination, or at least for catching." Layla bent, tail in the air, as she picked up a smooth stone and stood again. The green grey stone was turned over and over in the palm of her black hand. "But, I do other things with pebbles when water is so nearby." With that said, her black hand made a quick motion that sent the stone flying. She watch from the side of her vision as the tiny rock bounced almost happily over the water.

"It's nice to meet you, Leon ven Liu-Liudesys. Wow, quite the mouth full, I'm sorry," the female said, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck. "I'm Layla," she smiled, offering her hand for a formal handshake as she neared. "Wow, those are quite the injuries. How did you earn them?" she asked, seeing the state of him as she got close enough to notice. It looked as if he had either gotten beaten pretty bad or he fell onto a pile of swords. She felt bad for him, but it looked like things were healing well. He must be a pack wolf, she thought.

"I'm a loner, so nothing brings me anywhere but fate it seems. And yourself?" Layla wasn't telling the whole truth. While she had no reason to be here instead of at the bivouac she had set up, she had plenty of reason to be here in Nova Scotia. Layla had journeyed from what used to be Toronto on a self-quest to be accepted as and become a pack wolf. The delicate female was only a loner at the moment because she was unsure of which pack to join. When she joined up, she wanted to pick the perfect pack for her.
Leon laughed in good humor when the female stumbled over his title, reaching is hand out to grasp and shake hers in return. It was an awkwardly new gesture to him, though if it was the way of greeting, he'd go with it. Giving the shake a moment, Leon released his grip and returned his hand to his side. "Yes, but you're the first person I've met here who has bothered attempting speaking my full name. Its nice to meet you Layla." He said, chuckling.

"Haha, which ones? There is a story for each, some better, some worse..." The last thing he said was kind of dry, but he tried to soften it. He dropped the pebble, running a hand over his right eye, then shoulder.

"I'm just... here I guess. I was a Loner myself when I arrived, but now I'm..." He paused, finding the right word. "I'm proud to call myself a member of Crimson Dreams. I came to this area in search of my brother, but haven't had any luck. Hopefully I'll cross paths with him again, but a friend of mine reminded me that life is a gift worth living out how you want. Not only for others." He said, grinning as he looked back to the water, crossing his arms in content. He still felt happy from having his new home.
[html]

Finally, Layla thought as Leonard took her hand and shook it in a friendly yet respectful manner. Many others she had met had ignored or over sighted her humble offer of greeting. Layla loved the idea of handshakes. They weren't awkward like a wave. They weren't overly formal like a curtsy. They didn't encroach on others' space like a hug. Handshakes were the perfect middle ground, and yet she was quickly learning that not everyone knew what one was. Not everyone was raised in a German dog pack in Toronto. Layla knew that most of the things she grew up with would be oddities out here in the wild.

"Heh, give me a few tries and I'll get it eventually. And it is very nice to meet you too!" Layla returned, smiling. Sitting cross legged on a large flat boulder, the female daintily tucked her fluffy black tipped tail over her toes. She settled into her new seat. "Well, tell each story you're willing to part with," Layla answered. She was a loner of 14 months, it’s not like she had anywhere to be or do. Also, this would be the highlight of her day, if not her week. The dyed white femme loved collecting stories from the actual wolves she met. No story intimidated this one.

"Crimson Dreams... Have yet to hear of that pack. What's it like there?" Layla asked. "Oh, really?" she asked when he mentioned his brother. Her ears flicked to the side and back in a masked emotion. "Well, I hope you find him," Layla smiled politely. "Your friend is a wise canine, though. I'd pay attention to them," Layla blinked. She didn't speak with many others to get much advice, though she always held wolves' opinions above all. They were something special to her.

[/html]
Leon grinned in amusement. Layla seemed immensely satisfied with the handshake, while he was kinda confused by the gesture. He himself preferred bowing, like he learned in his childhood.

"I don't doubt that." He told her, still impressed she even tried to pronounce the title. He sighed then, realizing that the title couldn't stay. 'Maybe its time to take back my old name...' He pondered. His attention returned to the female as she sat upon the large rock of her choice. He considered her offer, and moved his right arm, standing straight up. "This wound here, cut just below my last rib. Oddly enough, I didn't die from it. I happened across someone who's actions I... I disagreed with." Leon explained, tracing the almost fully healed tissue with a finger. Then he motioned down to his legs. "These were from the same fight." Then he rubbed his shoulder and showed her the healed flesh there. "Two stories to this one. The most recent was the same fight as my side wound. But before that... I got it when I was six months old. My pack was stuck in a pitched battle with a pack of Mexican wolves. I was choking one, and he raked my shoulder to make me flinch, but I clenched my teeth out of reflex and crushed his wind pipe..." The Timber stopped. his left hand, having dropped the pebble some time ago, was tracing the scars over his eye slowly, sucked into a kind of trance.

He blinked and returned to reality, shaking his head. He'd leave that scar out of this conversation. As well as the one on his hind leg and the ones littering his body. He didn't think that would be a wise thing to do. But hearing her question, Leon grinned again. "To be honest, I've only been here a couple months. Since I got those wounds actually. I've been recuperating, so I haven't gotten out to explore much of the territory. However, I have to say this; I love rabbit lake. The pack, mostly, stays in the mansion, and rabbit lake is practically right there. It looks great at sunrise and set. There is also a beach at the southern tip, from what I hear. I haven't been there myself though." He said, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

The observant male didn't miss the flick of Layla's ear, or her odd tone. He knew it was her business, but he was curious now. "Thank you Layla. And you're correct. She really is."" He stated, chuckling. "Hmm, you know some of my story. Will I learn anything about yours?" Leon inquired, smiling in a friendly way. Whatever her answer, he didn't really mind. She struck him as a nice person, and had a good personality.
[html]

Leonard stood straight before her, probably to best show her his wounds. He pointed to scars as he talked about them. In order, he went from one below his ribcage, to two on his legs, and then to the one on his shoulder. Ouch! The scars were well earned for a wolf as young as Leonard as far as Layla was concerned. She had listened intently to the male as he went on about his marked up pelt. By the end of it he had trailed off when the story got good. Her blue gaze had noticed his left hand stroking his scarred eye and the distant look on his features.

After the male blinked, he seemed to return to this world of reality. Leonard did not mention any other scars and Layla didn't force him to tell her. He told what he was willing to part with and that was that. Hopefully another day, another place, she'd bump into him again and he'd give her more stories to memorize. Layla changed the subject and he seemed happy enough with that, replying with a grin. Apparently whatever wounded happened to wound him also was the cause for his new home. That was a nice piece of information; it was now obvious that Leonard had a deeper bond with his pack than many other wolves.

The way Leonard described his pack's home and Rabbit Lake had intrigued her. "Sounds too good to believe," Layla said with a short laugh. "Wish I could see it, we're half way to sunset," the female paused. She looked at her legs folded beneath her and contemplated for a short second. "Why haven't you been to the beach? You should go! Maybe I could join you?" Layla asked, honey coating her already sweet words as she tilted her head just a hair and blinked.

Leonard asked about Layla's past, an action that caught her off guard, though she had expected it. Maybe it was because she would have to lie again and she still hadn't gotten quite used to it, though practiced constantly. In an effort to disguise this, Layla looked away and stood up. She brushed herself off quickly before regaining eye contact with the male. "My life? It's boring and sad mostly. I was born in Montana; tornado swept through and killed everyone; I escaped, all thanks to a bath tub in a ruin; I've been traveling ever since." Though the story was sad, Layla gave a small smile when she finished listing the major events in her false past. It was like she didn't have regret anymore or like she had moved on and that he shouldn't worry too much about her.

The female was just a loner.

[/html]
OOc: Mkay, so we'll have to switch into CD forum to go through to the beach. Tongue

Leon nodded to her words, looking up to the sun, which was halfway through its journey through the sky. He bent down to scoop up three pebbles. He slowly started juggling them again while watching Layla. She seemed to be considering something, and he kept his ears perked forward to catch whatever she had to say. Though he wasn't prepared for her response. He fumbled with the pebbles for a second when she looked at him again, her head tilted to the side. He looked away to regain his composure. 'What is wrong with me..?' He wondered, looking up again.

Clearing his throat, he stumbled a bit with his words. "Er... I think that it would be possible." He said slowly, putting his chin back into his hand. "I'm still new to the pack, but I don't think it'll be an issue as long as you're with me or another pack member... Yeah, I can take you to the beach if you like." He decided with a small smile. Leon was enjoying the females company, even if she had him off balance for a short time.

Leon's eyebrow raise in curiosity at the way Layla recited her story, as though unsure of herself. He pondered it for a couple seconds, then decided it was likely caused by difficulty reciting the loss, though she appeared to be over the loss. He felt his ears droop slightly as he thought of his own loss. He shook his head, knowing he wasn't over that day. Not in the slightest. "You're taking the loss much better than I took mine Layla... I'm sorry about your family, its a tragedy."

After a brief silence between the two, the taller Timber smiled again. "I wonder if there is enough time left in the day... Hn. Did you want to visit the beach today?" Judging from the way she carried herself, she could move quickly. If they paced themselves, they'd arrive at the beach just before sun down. Assuming they didn't make any stops on the way there of course.
OOC: Sounds good, you start it instead of posting next and I'll link to it here.

Layla was trying to hold back the eagerness she felt. To be in packlands again, even if she wasn't a member, would be the closest she would have been to a pack since she deserted hers. Leonard cleared his throat and spoke the words she wanted to hear. A wide excited smile ripped from her muzzle. "Awesome! I promise I'll be on my best behavior," she said almost sarcastically. She would have wondered to herself if what the male had said about Rabbit Lake was true, except she was too excited now. It was all she could do to not bound away.

Then she had to recite her lie, which dampened her thrilled mood. Yet, she had tricked another wolf into believing her story. "Living every day depressed over what happened hurts more than accepting and looking to a brighter future," she explained, placing a delicate hand on his undamaged shoulder. It was obvious that something a lot worse than he had lead on had happened to his family. "Plus, we all meet up in the end, don't we?" she asked, tilting her skull and softening her gaze.

Layla sighed and offered Leonard a reassuring smile before letting her hand slide from his shoulder. After a moment, the male smiled and asked if she wanted to visit the beach today. A confused, open mouth look overcame her. Shaking it off, she replied, "Of course, silly. Just lead the way!" Layla's tail had resumed it's normal happy height and swung merrily as she grinned at him.

[EDIT:// Continued HERE.]