Eating sea biscuits and drinking red rum
[html]

WC: 354

"I wouldn't know," she replied, and Denver relaxed, relieved at her neutral answer. ""This horse scene is new to me. I assumed you were a local, is all."

"I see. Well, no, can't say that I am. Just got here 'bout..." he paused, considering this."A day or so ago, m'self." he admitted, eyes leaving her face to wander around the room again, distaste once again showing on his face.

"I like walking," she said, and Denver nodded in agreement.

"Yeah," he agreed.

Denver wondered why she was here, looking at all of these horse-gadgets, if she had no interest in using them. Icy eyes narrowed and rounded on her slight, thin figure again. He found himself staring, with a strange longing to touch her long, velvety-looking hair, simply to touch something so soft. He blinked this odd thought away, as it seemed the uniquely-built lady had some questions to ask him.

"What brings you here to this pack, Seigneur Denver? Obviously not the equestrian lifestyle, I mean..." she asked, remarking his lack of desire to be around the creatures.

"I'm just lookin' for a place I was told was a Kingdom," he started. "but I've been fair bit disappointed so far," Denver's mouth curled down into a vague frown. "I'd heard this place'd be filled with dogs, and you're the first one I seen." An ivory had reached up to scratch his face as he leaned against one of the many countertops. He felt it shift as he did so, and immediately relieved the old thing of his weight, nervous that it might fall on him, icy eyes occasionally darting to the shelving unit, suspicious.

"So, uh..." he started, taking another deep breath through his nose, though immediately regretting it once again. "Why're you here?" he wondered, question clear even through his accent.

It was clear to him that she was a dog; or, at least, mostly dog. Denver was glad for this fact, and hoped that more of these meetings would help him see what this place really was, and whether it would suit him, after all.

An eye cast down to his sleeve, noticing a stray bit of straw there. With a single, swift motion, he brushed it away. How did that even get on me? he thought, annoyed and wary of this horrible building.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread