Footprints in the sand
[html]

Though he continued to speak in rather insulting terms, the Lykoi only gave a nod. Perhaps any other day, she would have become defensive, perhaps attacked the grey male. Everything he said in that moment, however, rolled off of her like water on leaves. Her mood was shot. He made it sound so easy to simply walk away, but she knew it was different than his own family. "Yes, mad. Perhaps." Her words echoed his own exclamation, and she glanced in his direction curiously. "Your family can't possibly be like mine, Niro. You're a wolf; wolves are very different. In fact, we don't like wolves." It was blunt. It was true.

Back in her childhood, the wolves were the enemy. She still couldn't pull empathy for wolves out of her carpetbag of vague emotions, but it seemed Inferni itself was becoming more integrated with wolf life than ever. Recently, they had lost a member to his wolf lover in the pack toward the east. It wasn't made easier by the high percentage of wolf blood coursing the veins of her family. And now she was taking advice from one. The world really had turned upside down, leaving her with nothing to hold on to.

"You are not me. To you, it seems so easy. I have nothing without my family. Nothing. And death is a more pleasant existence than being an outcast in your own home; I'm already going to Hell. Why not go sooner?" In an inelegant motion, she dropped onto the ground, stretching slim legs out in front of her body. It had become so exhausting to be a Lykoi.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread