i know my ship is coming in
[html]

Big GrinD Jaden is afraid of water! You are just so inspiring!<3 WC~800.

Glad to be in a less vulnerable position beneath the gaze of this kind female, Jaden listened to her assurance that he had not broken a rib. He knew this already, but nodded in acknowledgment anyway and said nothing. A year ago he had broken a rib and dislocated his shoulder when attacked by one of his angered pack mates. Thankfully he didn’t recognize either pain in him now. Having such sever injures usually again would mean his life was in more jeopardy than the assassin thought.

Jaden continued to monitor his body for new pains and strains as his new acquaintance thought of what to do. Her voice was urgent and left nearly no room for protest. It scared Jaden a little in all truth. If his injures were in fact not all that bad, what was her reason for using such a tone? Maybe simply because they were still strangers, but what if it was WORCE then if felt? What if my poor choice to climb that damn dead tree will permanently scare, or even kill me? Such thoughts clouded Jaden’s mind and distracted him from the idea that he might actually have to submerse himself in the ocean’s dark waves.

“Thank you,” Jaden said as the pretty optime offered him help and her hand. “I think I might have twisted my ankle.” He added as a small shock of pain protested his movement of it. He began to stand and took careful care not to pull over the other female. The male had a bigger build then her and felt it was necessary not to depend solely upon her to pull him up. He was also beginning to feel weak and the masculine part of him urged for some show of toughness. Using her for balance, he pushed himself up on his relatively uninjured leg, then stood and put pressure on the injured ankle. A small whine escaped the wolf when an unexpected sharp pain confirmed his twisted ankle. He stumbled a step or two into the other wolf and ended up having to catch himself on her. “Yes, that’s definitely twisted,” He said through clenched teeth and regained his balance as quickly as he could, a little embarrassed despite the pain.

The sea churned softly and lapped at the beach as Jaden limped toward the stranger’s wishes, trying to keep her close in case he lost his balance again. They didn’t have to travel far, but the male’s eyes never left the sand right at his feet. His teeth were clenched and he pushed himself to get to the water. Wind blew lightly off the water and stirred Jaden’s fur as they approached.

Unfortunately, Alea knew nothing about Jaden. Who he was and what he feared were completely unknown to her as well. If she had known him better, she would have thought twice about taking him into the water. The past that haunted Jaden’s dark eyes held terror he hid. First contact with the water was when he seized up. His good paw slipped into cold, ankle deep water that chilled him to the core. Images suddenly flashed to life in his eyes. A frozen pond in the Alaskan wilderness. Dark figures carrying a young pup against its will. The poor black and white lupus twisting and fighting its Optime captors: Ava Atka’s lead members wearing dark cloaks and offering no comfort to the terrified pup. The trees stood tall, dressed in the similarly emotionless skeleton of winter and looked on as a cruel ritual was reenacted on this innocent, young wolf. Suddenly, freezing cold air whip past the pup’s wet nose as it was tossed onto the ice. A cold, cracking impact followed by an even colder embrace. Then silence. Darkness. Deathly dark blue pulling at little limbs. Little claws scratching at the white that separated them from life-giving air. Jaden could see those little black claws so vividly. They were so helpless. They were so innocent. They were his.

The memory struck such a chilling fear into Jaden that he had not taken in anything for an unsure amount of time. The state of his still upset mind had prompted a reaction to the water the assassin had never felt so fully. He blinked his eyes and could see the cold blue that now sucked all the pride and strength from him. He was standing further in it, but whether he had stumbled or been ushered gently into it, he could not remember. He hoped the other wolf was close to finishing and looked for her. He had had nightmares so similar to this. If she was still near for his pleading eyes to find, what comfort it would provide to know he was not dreaming and alone.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread