and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]

Word Count » 367 Lahv your table. :O Could wrap this soon, if you'd like -- I know is an older thread. >D I'm still having a bit of fun with it, but I could use to wrap up old threads, as well -- so it's totally up to you, no obligation either way. ^_^

my road to hell is surely paved

“Ah,” the hybrid said, uncertain as to how to respond to this otherwise -- Naniko had never claimed to be able to heal, and the sable-shaded woman had presumed otherwise. There was no disrespect or dislike in Eris for the Anathema leadership -- Naniko seemed to hold things together well enough, and their numbers were incredibly strong. She had missed out on Inferni's time with thirty-some members, the war-time that had occurred before her grand return here. Perhaps she had been moving north, then.

“I'd agree with that. She hasn't shown me any reason to distrust her leadership, either.” Neither had Gabriel -- in truth, he had probably handled the rat situation with excellent finesse. Eris wouldn't have admitted this, though -- not to Axelle, certainly not to Gabriel himself, and not to anyone else, either. She had been severely beaten over a silly little rat -- it was Halo's fault for caring so much for useless creatures, after all. They could not even defend themselves unless they were in a large group and directed to act by higher intelligence.

Eris had no opinion regarding the ocean; it had never enamored her, nor had it ever frightened her. She didn't particularly enjoy swimming, though she was not so averse to it as to avoid it unnecessarily or excessively. The salt smell was sharp but not entirely unpleasant, and Eris had grown used to the cool coastal breeze during her time in Eterne. Her companion spoke, and Eris listened with interest. She did not speak of or think of humanity very often; it was a rare subject for her to broach, and she considered her words carefully for a moment before responding, allowing the silence to draw between them for a few moments. She didn't consider it an uncomfortable pause in the conversation, though Axelle might have felt differently.

“Weakness, I think,” Eris finally said, rolling her shoulders slightly to indicate she was not certain as to this. “I've seen pictures -- old ones. They were funny-looking, and they looked like prey,” she said, smiling a toothy smile. She might have hunted humans, were there any left to hunt. Their jamborees and cities had long fallen silent, however.

<style>
.eris-chariot {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-chariot .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-chariot .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-chariot .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-chariot .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-chariot p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-chariot .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-chariot .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-chariot b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-chariot u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread