when one was desolate
[html]

She went around the small, steaming hot spring toward the emergency exit that came out toward this side of the mountain. There were several of these back exits, she'd found, but some were very well hidden. Naniko had come across one of them herself, the same day that she'd discovered the springs. The tunnel was more than large enough for her to walk through standing upright, lit with a few small torches that hung upon the walls. "This will lead us to the tunnel that goes directly to my quarters."

Naniko listened to his words, frowning. Whatever scent he had found...had it actually been Kaelyn's? "Selene told me that Kaelyn had died...but...perhaps she was around the area before she passed on. Otherwise, maybe it was someone from the same territory as Kaelyn. I didn't know either of them very well, her or Roman...not that it would have done me any good now anyway for either to show up. Pontiac and I managed."

She paused so that she might walk alongside him, observing the way that he walked and a few of his subtle mannerisms as they went. This was her younger brother. She had never thought that she would ever see him, much less meet him or speak to him. She was glad for the opportunity, and would answer any questions that she could. "We live underground. She was exploring a new part of the cave and..she just must not have noticed the signs. She was among the founders of the pack, those of us who have lived here the longest. But she must have allowed herself to become distracted. There was a cave-in."

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread