andromeda
[html]
+3

Her games with Pandemic were never cruel, though the pair often bruised and bloodied one another accidentally. They were too rough, him from lack of understanding his own power, she from trying to meet it. The main difference was that Salvia was cruel. She had spent far too long studying the way of the cat. It did not occur to her that this was bad, for she had seen the way her father behaved around the sheep and the tone her mother used when displeased with Axi. Cruelty was a part of life, as simple and as savage as that truth was.

So her eyes, a shade too greed to belong to her mother, glimmered with each poison-laced praise. Oh how delightful he made it seem, putting her before the older children and the rest of the family that lived in these caves. Her upper lip pulled away from her teeth slightly, revealing a shark’s collection of glimmering white in a pleased smile. The terrible ferocity in it belonged to that tiger she had yet to become—yet it was there, all the same.

“I hope so,” she said on his promise of gaining a new form. She had seen its uses and desired it dearly. “Tlanti promise to teach me to fight once I could.” And that was all she would said on this matter. She had promised the woman silence about her secret language, but she supposed Uncle Sirius, like her Tía Tlianti, could be trusted. “You’ll teach me too, like you teach mother,” she went on, not entirely asking. Even though she had learned that demanding was not the right way to go about getting things, she figured even her gruff uncle might not mind showing her a few new skills. After all, he had done so with Eris.

<style type="text/css">
.saltext b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saltext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.saltext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.saltext {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saltext .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread