Dreams of flying
[html]

~W.C. 415~ No kidding.

Mabu began to make her way to the buildings near the tower, she would start there first. Thinking about the Old Ones Mabu had a few tales. Mostly what she gained about them was acquired through books and old stories from her mentor. Looking at her young friend, she smiled. “I know a little bit about them. Not much, but I will share with you what I know. The Old One use to be a vast, long lived people. We could all but consider them immortal if you compared their life spans with ours. They could live anywhere from 5 to 10 of our lifetimes. However they could be killed like any other. My mentor never really explained to me why or how, but he said it was their own doing that caused them their deaths. Anyway the Old Ones had created all of this strange…technology, using them for things that would never seem possible to us. I believe the canine as a race have only began to scratch the surface of this mystery.” Mabu could tell more, but she didn’t want to overwhelm Saxif.

Continuing on ahead, her steps soft and graceful, she looked back and couldn’t help but notice Saxif’s pretty eyes. She hadn’t seen many with that golden sheen to them. “Not many do know much about the Old Ones…I only know this much from books I’ve found and read.” She had been taught to read by her mentor. It hadn’t been easy, but she could easily read a book as if it were like drinking fresh water now. She had so many things to thank her mentor for. If he hadn’t taught her anything, she doubted she would have made it as a loner.

It wasn’t long before Mabu neared one of the buildings, the door that she was currently looking at was rusted and long unused. Gently twisting the knob, she silently hoped that it didn’t break off into her hand. When she turned it all the way, she tugged and the door with a little force and it opened. However as it opened all the way it fell of the hinges and clanked against the wall. Noticing the building didn’t even shuffle at that, she decided that it was sturdy enough to enter without worry for danger. Looking back at Saxif, she gave the other a warm smile.“You ready? Just be careful. The structure seems sturdy enough, but I wouldn’t test it too much.

<style type="text/css">
.mabuleaf-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.mabuleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#a79c62; letter-spacing:1px}
.mabuleaf p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mabuleaf {margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9eec0; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2h4dedl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#587563; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #81a37b; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread