when one was desolate
[html]

Meh, sorry for the delay. D:

Jade eyes danced along the details of Naniko's dwelling. Some remnants of human civilization were salvaged in her underground den, containing a cart and a full sized bed with the frame and all. Helios pondered how Naniko was able to get such heavy objects back and underground to these caverns, and was curious to know what other human objects Anathema happened to forge down in the darkness of the underground. In mid-speech Naniko invited Helios to take a seat on the flat boulders that were in her den, to which the D'Angelo automatically sat down, but kept his eyes and ears flexed forward upon her words. Pontiac was still here, along with Selene's offspring. Feeling his heart leap at the confines of his arteries, there were individuals that were his blood he was destined to meet, and from what he was told from his history a long time ago, there were many of them. "How many of us are there, then? Are there more like us in other packs too?" Helios inquired, us meaning the D'Angelo heritage exclusively found in the area. He wished for Naniko to elaborate, for he was curious to know every single individual that still breathed and shared his blood.

Naniko told of her story, of her leadership as the Angela of Anathema. Naniko and Selene were both responsible for the dynamics of this underground pack, and Helios couldn't help but feel a twang of hurt swell in his chest. It was a swelling of pride and admiration for the sisters he never truly knew; females in the D'Angelo family who were born leaders, strong enough to take the reigns and create something out of the D'Angelo name. That was highly admirable, and Helios was interested to know how Anathema progressed and flourished since the time of its creation. Jade eyes blinked, however, when Naniko offered him the hospitality of refuge within Anathema. He was questionable about that offer at first, as if it wasn't entirely genuine. Helios obviously had nothing to lose at this point in time with settling in, for this was what he sought after for so long. "I… I would be thrilled to stay with you." Helios replied, feeling the creep of a charming grin stretching the corner of his maw, but kept his grin tamed. "I don't think I could roam anywhere else, for it seems all the answers might be here." The dark D'Angelo said, enthralled to know Naniko was willing to accept him into Anathema, despite how much of blood they were related, they still were technically strangers.

In turn, Naniko was curious to know a little about Helios. Taking a deep breath, he placed his hands upon his thighs, glancing to the ground in formation of his thoughts. Where to start, exactly? "I don't know. Uh… I lived with our mother's brother for awhile, though I wasn't entirely close with him. I spent a lot of my time alone, or either in the company of outsiders. Growing up was a little difficult for myself, I was a self proclaimed bad-ass in my mind who didn't care about anything.
Helios said, grinning coquettishly and chuckling some. "I was your typical rebellious teen, and got into some nasty habits and mingled with the wrong crowd for a second. Our uncle straightened me out for a minute, but after that, I decided where I was wasn't helping me at all. That's why I decided to travel, to try and find Selene again." Helios concluded with a weak shrug. There was apparently more to the story than told, but Helios wasn't exactly comfortable or ready to share the deeper details with Naniko just yet.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#666543; letter-spacing:-1px; font-size:12px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 20px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#fefefe; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/34ffnmh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread