Wash away the Years
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ Quite the contrary to his son’s assumptions, Ahren had not gone from their little campsite. He had been busying himself with the deer, and in getting the hide from the rest of the buck. That he strung up between two trees, intending to scrape it clean. He cut off the best parts for stew, as well as several for jerky, and put them to the side. The remains of the buck were moved off into the woods, where they would be left for the scavengers. Only then did he work on getting the fat from the hide. It had been scraped clean quickly, though getting the fur off would take a little longer.
_____ He had paused to smoke when Jasper came back, wagon in tow. Holding the cigarette in his mouth, he made his way towards the fire and began to rig up a makeshift set up for the three meals he intended to prepare. Drawing the cigarette from his mouth, he began to speak and gesture at each item. “First of all, wash off the vegetables in the water. I’ll start cutting up the meat and you can take care of the stew. This pot,” he said, picking up the one with the liver in it, and removing said organ. “Needs to be filled about halfway up with water. Boil that, then put about eight single handfuls of rice in there. You need to cook the rice and brown the meat first.”
_____ He began his own task then, taking a pan from the wagon and grabbing one of the cleaned onions. He peeled it and then cut up a few pieces, putting them in the pan tobrown. During this, he sliced and coated the liver in flower. Putting this in the pan and then over the fire, he began to tend it carefully, keeping an eye on his son’s work.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread