Split life
((WC:3+))

When Saxif asked her question, Tal shifted his eyes to the one she asked about. He spoke softly, as if to himself. "I hope so." He barely knew Saxif, but he was certain that if she loved Shiloh so deeply, then Shiloh was special. He swallowed, making himself busy. He excused himself briefly to return to his house, then quickly returned with some different vegetables for stew. He set aside some of the broth to cool for Shiloh, then made the rest into a savory stew. He ladled some into a bowl, offering it to Saxif. "Consider this repayment for the hunting lesson for Liam," he smiled, trying to lift her spirits. He ladled more into a second bowl, offering it to Luna.

When Shiloh began to stir, Tal felt hopeful. Her voice was weak, but she spoke. When he was able to make out the words she spoke, however, his ears folded back again. She was awake, but having a nightmare about the beating that brought her here. He glanced at her mate, then moved to Shiloh's side, touching her shoulder with a gentle hand. "Shiloh, wake up. You are in Cercatori d'Arte, and no one here is hurting you. Saxif and Luna are here with you, as well as myself. Can you hear me, Shiloh?"

He shifted his weight nervously. He hadn't taken care of anyone who was like this, though he tried not to dishearten the women by letting them know that. The closest he'd been was with Noah and the others that day in Phoenix Valley. Angelique had his friends speaking to him, to keep his spirit near them. Tal wasn't sure how that worked, but he looked at Saxif, and gestured with his free hand to Shiloh. "Speak to her, Saxif. Let her know you're here with her."

Messages In This Thread