I don't mourn this act
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She was glad to hear that Esmeralda had been keeping busy. She didn't want the girl to be bored here, and in the caves there wasn't too much to do. Naniko kept herself busy by doing her pack duties and by watching over the borders, among other things...there was an endless list for her. Maybe if Esmeralda felt up to it, she could give her a task or something to keep her even busier. The border would need a bit more taking care of now that Teddy was gone, someone to go out and try to intercept those who would seek to come into the territory without notice. She was wary of sneaky canines like that, after what she had found on the border a month prior. A loner had been attacked by a pair of canines that had escaped in the night, leaving the female wounded and bleeding just beyond their borderline.

"Good. I have a few things I could use some help with, if you have any free time. Perhaps I have something of value that I could give you in exchange for a service" She suggested, settling back against the back wall with a puppy on her lap. The whelp began to chew on her finger lightly with its teeth, sucking on it and gnawing a bit. "I promise that the task won't be to watch the puppies" She said, grinning. The fact that Esmeralda had described Scorpius as being an ugly girl didn't surprise her, though it was curious that she would have said something like that when her father had the same pelt coloration and eye color. "He looks a lot like your father, but different" She commented. "I bet Agony would, or maybe my sister Pontiac. I'll ask them first."

Then came talk of more serious matters. She tilted her head to the side and listened to what her stepdaughter had to say about her experience in the pack thus far, stroking the fur of the puppy on her lap with one clawed hand. Who could she have been talking about? A boy? She knew that occasionally boys and girls would romp around and that it was normal for young wolves to fight or spar so that they could gain experience...but kill her? "Who was it? You don't look injured...what did he do?" At least, there were no injuries that she could note.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread