lost in my own backyard
[html]

Cercelee snorted at the female’s words. Her fierce? How could anyone ever imagine her to be fierce? She was small of frame, perhaps one of the smallest in the land, and her voice only held authority in formal settings, like meetings of the pack or with other leaders or rarely even on the borders. And even then it was laced with warmth. Haku might call her fierce, because with him she was defensive. Iskata could call her cruel, because her aunt had brought out the worse in her especially in regards to her family, but it was rare that any inkling of real anger crossed her mouth. She could play the part of a demon when it was called for, but that did not happen often, and Cercelee preferred laugher to harsh words. Soothing voice in lieu of cold ones. Perhaps this young female had been nervous, or Cercelee’s playfulness had come on a bit too strong, either way Firefly was laughing with her now, and that was how she preferred it.

Well, whether you get in trouble or not depends on what you do after you drink enough of that stuff, but I doubt you’ll be getting in trouble with me. Cercelee hoped that the female did not get herself into any type of trouble because of the drink, but that was Firefly’s business, not Cer’s. Cercelee smiled at the female’s answer to her question, saying that she intended to stay. Didn’t they all say that though? Although she was warm and friendly and willing to accept anyone for who they were, or most anyone provided they did not push her hard to reach buttons (which Haku and Iskata had managed without trying), she did have a cynical side to her. But she did not try to hide it, nor was she mean about it. Her voice was still soothing, teasing, melodic. You say that now, but how can you be sure? I’m not even sure how long I will stay in these lands, and I’m our leader after all. A light laugh followed this, by it was the truth. Cer would stay as long as she could, she wanted to stay forever, but who could be sure what the future would bring? Colibri had probably meant to stay as well, and look where she had ended up.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread