lost in my own backyard
She had given up going exploring again after the disaster of exploring the human city here. Shaking her head she sat crosslegged on the large stone slab outside of the vineyards. She'd decided that she really liked the building and the secrets it held in it's musty deeps. The girl with the soft irish drawl was bent over a book of poetry and art as she was enjoying the wine she'd snatched from the basement. Humming to herself as she put the book down and raised her eyes to gaze at the clouds rolling in. The scent on the air and the thunder soft in the distance was the obvious sign that the storm was moving in but the bronze beauty didn't have a care in the world. A little rain never hurt anyone, atleast the rain didn't.

Throwing her arms behind her as she sat enjoying the last of the sun's rays before the storm devoured the flame flickering orb above. Shaking her bangs out of her eyes she flicked her ears back as she felt the wind begin to whip across her pelt. Smiling to herself she ran her tongue across her teeth after another sip of the wine. She could be classy when she wanted, but the snobby upperclass games weren't as fun as the ones she enjoyed playing with the boys. The girls, now that was another story, though she hadn't felt the need or want to travel down that path.. yet.

Chuckling as she flicked her tongue out again, rasping across her nose she drew the bottle up to watch the crimson liquid within tilt back and forth with the slightest move of a wrist. Gracefully dropping the bottle back to the slab she cocked her head to the side and watched the leaves begin to turn up as the winds whipped across the vineyard. The rumbling threat of the approaching was telling her to find shelter but the fiery spirited youth wanted nothing to do with orders.. atleast not yet.
[html]

Cer had not visited the vineyards since her night with Red, aside from a quick visit to clean up what evidence she could. Cer had also not shifted back into were form since that night, she could get herself into too much trouble with opposable thumbs it seemed. And she had little use for walking on two legs and being so slow, at least compared to her speed on four legs. Yet it did not bother her that Hanna walked among them constantly shifted and utilized her weapons for things such as hunts, even though Cercelee felt that fangs sufficed just fine. Still it surprised her to find another shifted female in her vineyards, a female she did not recognize.

Although the rain was growing heavier by the moment, Cer was not deterred by it. She approached the stranger easily, eyeing the bottle in the female’s hand. While she was more than friendly to strangers on the borders, and she did not immediately assume this female posed any harm, she was a little wary of her. If she had not been accepted by someone, and only Haku and Mew were of rank to accept anyone, or was not a visitor of one of the other members, the fact that she was here guzzling Cer’s wine made her a theft. Not that Cer had a use for all the wine, as there was far more than enough for a decade of constant drunkenness. Hello there miss. What brings you out in such a storm today? Her voice was sweet and warm, her body language the same, and Cercelee stood on her four paws, looking up at the female, waiting to hear an explanation.

[/html]
At the sudden sound of a voice that interfered with her soft peaceful vibes the bronze and cream hued wolf drew herself up from her relaxed pose and turned around to gaze at the one who had so disturbed her plots and dreaming. Catching the faint scent of the other and by the discription of what another had spoke she realized that this bright eyes wee lady was the leader of their pack. She smiled softly as she relaxed again and perched on the edge of the slab as she gave the respected lady an answer to the questions she sought. "Dia Duit.. why, tis' the storm that brings me.." she said with a small chuckle. If the excitement of the storm hadn't slowly began to roll in she probably would have found a spot by now to have curled up in and taken a snooze, but the storm had fallen upon their little world and so she'd stayed.

Tilting her head to the side she grinned slightly and asked the lady before her the same thing. "What brings you out?" after a moment of silence she shook her head and gave the leader an apologetic look as she spoke. "I'm Firefly..." She hoped that Haku had spoken to the ivory lady before her about being received into the pack, because she really wasn't for certain what to say anymore. Staring at the soul before her she softly ran her finger under the torch that curled around her neck, the sign of royalty overseas, though hers was only allowable through having been adopted into the clan's family she still thought of her Irish family now and then and wondered where she brother had gone off after seeing the two sisters home to the coast.
[html]

Although Cer’s questions were answered, they weren’t satisfactory, and Cercelee was still left wondering, why this stranger had made herself at home. Haku had not spoken to Cercelee, and luckily for Firefly, Cercelee also did not know the names of any of her cousins aside from those she had met personally, so the name Firefly was completely meaningless to the cream colored Rosea. However, the stranger had asked a question of her own, and Cercelee answered it good natured. I am always out. Which was true enough. Although leader of these lands and thus having more right to them than anyone else, she had not bothered to stake a claim to a house, or den, or anything at all, to call her own home. She slept where she felt like, and often she ignored the weather and rather went about her day normally, as if the sun was always shining.

Well, Firefly, I hope you are enjoying my wine? Cercelee had since learned the name for the drink, though that had come after consuming far too much of it. I’m Cercelee, leader in these lands. Maybe Firefly had already guessed, but it would be rude no to introduce herself at any rate. Still though, Cercelee hadn’t solved the mystery of the mysterious lady yet, and it was not her manner to be rude about it. It was also more fun to dodge around the point. She hadn’t yet said anything that might make the younger female aware that Cercelee questioned her presence, she had been calm and accepting the whole conversation thus far, and her next question was asked with a natural curiosity. So, are you here visiting someone? Or just enjoying the pack lands?

[/html]
She sat kicking her feet back and forth as she watched the leader alertly. A small smile played across her lips as she tilted her head to the side and wondered by in the world the lady was always out. Sure she was the packleader and was in charge of the whole lands.. but didn't she ever sleep, or curl up for a nice name in a den. Raising a brow she questioned, "Even in the rain?" She wasn't trying to be an ass, but she was unsure of if the lady was stalking her or just happened upon her.. she seemed to hint at the athority she had, always being out.

Shrugging her shoulders as she pushed the thoughts away the bronze tinted lady gazed at her feet as the woman before her seemed to chid her for the things she'd been doing. Her mother had always held a look of contempt at her little habits and need for the danger and thrills and she figured this lady might too, she did have that air about her. Murmuring quietly she gave an honest reply. "I'm sorry.. I just found it.. and I'd had it before overseas.. I didn't know.." if she could blush she would have been, her mother's scowlings had always had a lighthearted nanny nagging bit to them but Cercelee seemed to tower in her ways, though Firefly for the most part was just confused, obviously Haku had not answered to his own leader about accepting her into the lands. Raising her head a confused look passed across her face. She answered the ivory lady, "Haku brought me into the pack.." in more ways than one she thought to herself. She looked at her paws with guilt, hoping she hadn't got him in trouble. "He's not in trouble now is he? I'm not am I?" her accented voice had a touch of panic in it as she asked, though she was playing for the most part. She was cool and collected inside while she played the part, though she had no disrespect for her leader, just caught out of hand... She'd have to work on that...
[html]

Even in the rain? Firefly seemed doubtful, but Cercelee just smiled at the younger female. Aye, even in the rain. It was true, that Cercelee had to sleep, but if it was nice she just slept out in a field or where ever it was that she found herself tired, and only in the worse of storms did she seek shelter. She was always out, not to emphasis the fact that all the lands was her’s, but only because she had no real home to return to, aside from Dahlia de Mai it’s self. No concrete place that was just her’s, a den, a house. And Cercelee found that, that wasn’t really such a bad thing at all.

Cercelee shook herself while the female before her, Firefly, explained herself and her presence a little more throughly. Haku had been patrolling the borders then? As the female questions if Haku or herself were in trouble, Cercelee found that she couldn’t keep herself from laughing at the girl. She didn’t mean to be rude, but the way Firefly had put it, it just tickled Cer. She suppose she did have the power to get people “in trouble” but thus far she hadn’t had to deal with anyone in her pack causing her any concern. Perhaps the rules of Dahlia de Mai were far too lax, but Cercelee liked it that way. They were friends and a pack first and foremost, after that they showed respect and paid their dues. Haku’s always in trouble. And it was true enough, if he wasn’t annoying her, he was out starting trouble with Inferni. But she said it good natured and her tail waved easily behind her. As for you, well I don’t know. Have you done something to get yourself into trouble? Cer’s tone was teasing, her eyes merry. She liked having new members in the pack, more souls for her to play with and pick on.

[/html]
Still nervous about if she had caused trouble of some sorts she stared down at the grass around her perch as the lady spoke. Suddenly she grinned as the ivory lady confirmed that she was always out, even in the rain. Her emerald eyes twinkled as she twitched her tail soft, picking at the boulder she sat on before agreeing with the leader. "I use to love wandering in the summer rain in Eire.." her eyes seemed to mist over slightly as she thought about the lands she'd left behind. She was silent a moment before she shook her head, she had chosen to return to the lands of her birth, though these were the strange unknown lands in her own eyes. "I miss the emerald lands..." she admitted with a sigh of longing.

Kicking her feet back and forth she couldn't keep her attention too long before the lady reacted. Her laughter made Firefly flinch at first until she realized that she wasn't really laughing at her, but at the words she'd said. A tiny smile crossed her lips as Cercelee admitted that Haku was always in trouble. Firefly liked that about the male, a little trouble made things interesting from time to time. Her eyes seemed to dance as she thought about the chocolate male, whom had grabbed all her attention and a little bit more upon her arrival to the pack. Her tail flicked back and forth as she tried to clear her mind of Haku's image before listening to the female before her. She smiled at the question the lady had asked, a glimmer of guilt flashing in her eyes as she admitted. "I drank your wine?" The admission of guilt was a question, unsure if all that wine was really just for the leader's enjoyment. The merryment in those blue eyes made her smile slightly, unsure if she wanted to trust the teasing nature in her eyes.
[html]

Cercelee broke into more musical laughter, it rang sweet and clear. You’re welcome to the wine, Firefly. Just try not to indulge too much. Her mind flashed to the night with Red briefly, at her own words of over indulgence, but then again, who was she to judge? In all honestly, so long as they did not cause anyone undue harm, Cer did not mind what the members of her pack did. So long as they were happy and healthy, she too was happy for them. Cercelee wished that they would stay in Dahlia de Mai and befriend the other members, but she could not force anything upon them. She knew now that the idealistic image of the pack that her and Colibri had thought up together would probably never be reality, but so far, this was pretty damn close. And that was good enough for her.

Navy eyes flitted over the girl again, trying to assess how much of her words had been nostalgia and how much had been true, heart aching longing. In waking hours Cer never knew that longing for a place, though while she dreamt she was often some place else, somewhere she only vaguely remembered awake and knew that she would never see again. A time that couldn’t be repeated. She didn’t really miss it, but the dream was hard to drive away. You could give these lands a try, or are you not with us for the long haul? Again, she was mostly teasing, but it was a honest question. Was this girl just passing through, or did she wish to stay with them?

[/html]
A wicked grin spread across her maw as she questioned the answered Cercelee had given her. "What if I do? Will I be in trouble then!" amusement and mischief twinkled in her eyes as her tail flickered up and down as she waited to see what the lady would say. Sheseemed nice enough, kindof like a friend that couldn't stay mad at you for too long though you knew if you pushed her too much she could snap. Her eyes dancing she giggled softly and admitted. "You don't seem too fierce.. atleast, after the first few words.." she knew that even the most gentle soul had a dark side, but she wanted to see what the lady would say.

The words she asked next made Firefly frown for a moment as she turned and gazed off in the distance across the lands, with a long sigh she admitted. "No, I may go back one day, but it's not anytime soon.. maybe when I'm too old to be worth anything I'll return to those mysterious hills.." she turned her eyes back to the lady before her and with a smile she added. "but.. as long as I'm yound and as of use in someway.. I guess you can count me in." A grin spread across her maw as she spoke those words, knowing that she was here to stay really, unless Haku decided differently, she had no reason to move from these lands.
[html]

Cercelee snorted at the female’s words. Her fierce? How could anyone ever imagine her to be fierce? She was small of frame, perhaps one of the smallest in the land, and her voice only held authority in formal settings, like meetings of the pack or with other leaders or rarely even on the borders. And even then it was laced with warmth. Haku might call her fierce, because with him she was defensive. Iskata could call her cruel, because her aunt had brought out the worse in her especially in regards to her family, but it was rare that any inkling of real anger crossed her mouth. She could play the part of a demon when it was called for, but that did not happen often, and Cercelee preferred laugher to harsh words. Soothing voice in lieu of cold ones. Perhaps this young female had been nervous, or Cercelee’s playfulness had come on a bit too strong, either way Firefly was laughing with her now, and that was how she preferred it.

Well, whether you get in trouble or not depends on what you do after you drink enough of that stuff, but I doubt you’ll be getting in trouble with me. Cercelee hoped that the female did not get herself into any type of trouble because of the drink, but that was Firefly’s business, not Cer’s. Cercelee smiled at the female’s answer to her question, saying that she intended to stay. Didn’t they all say that though? Although she was warm and friendly and willing to accept anyone for who they were, or most anyone provided they did not push her hard to reach buttons (which Haku and Iskata had managed without trying), she did have a cynical side to her. But she did not try to hide it, nor was she mean about it. Her voice was still soothing, teasing, melodic. You say that now, but how can you be sure? I’m not even sure how long I will stay in these lands, and I’m our leader after all. A light laugh followed this, by it was the truth. Cer would stay as long as she could, she wanted to stay forever, but who could be sure what the future would bring? Colibri had probably meant to stay as well, and look where she had ended up.

[/html]
The snort from her alpha made her grin again as she tilted her head back and gazed at the rainclouds that were now pouring in quickly. "I'm not sure if those sounds are very coming of a lady.. or leader..." her voice had a ringing sing-song tune to it as she tried to keep from laughing, but in the end she ended up snorting just like Cercelee had done. Suddenly she just cracked up, there was no use trying to hold it all in after that. Shaking her head as she tried to clear tears from her eyes she sighed and let out as gasp as her sparkling eyes met those blue ones of the ivory wolfess before her. "Don't even try and say anything, I'm NOT a lady.. so I can get away with things like that." she grinned as her eyes danced merrily, watching the lady, waiting for her next move as suddenly she was startled by a drop of rain that pattered on her nose. Flicking her tongue out to catch the drop she sighed and eyed the sky. "Well, it couldn't last forever you know.." with a small sigh she shrugged and turned her gaze back to the leader.

She smiled and teased Cercelee once more as she rolled the wine bottle back and forth between her hands. "Can I get in trouble with the boys then?" she asked with a very sober tone to her voice, but the dancing eyes and merry smile showed the true nature behind it. Firefly only really had her mind of getting in trouble with one of the boys, but Cercelee didn't know that, and as far as Firefly was concerned even if she did know that she could take care of herself. The rain was beginning to come down slowly as the clouds rolled on in. Flicking her ears back to keep the rain from entering she listened to the words that the ivory wolf said, slightly surprised that the lady said she'd up and leave her pack oneday. But.. this is your pack, isn't that suppose to be like family? Why would you want to leave?" She tilted her head to the side as she studied the woman, she couldn't understand why she would want to leave, though saying that the pack was like family was probably the wrong choice of words. A small pouty frown was on her lips as she swore, "Unless some romeo swept me off my feet and out of this pack I don't see any reason to go anywhere.. It's not exactly easy to get to Ireland you know.." she winked with those last words, trying to remind Cercelee that the place she thought of most was far off in the distance and she was here, in the now.
[html]

Cercelee let her laughter die away as the rain droplets grew thicker and heavier until they begun to fall from the sky. Navy eyes peered up at the clouds as they released the water, first a few stray drops, but growing more frequent as the two female stood there. The droplets did not dampen Cer’s mood, and she barely would have noticed them had not Firefly made note of the sky. If the boys want to get in trouble with you, but we do have a shortage of boys here. Slay and Haku were the only two at the moment, and were they willing, well Firefly could do as she pleased Cer supposed. Cercelee didn’t know if Slay would go beyond innocent flirting, a past time he took up with all members of the female gender, but Haku would probably be up for anything. Cercelee sighed at the thought, they needed more males, and on the same note, they needed males with actual morals and integrity.

Cercelee tilted her head at the girl. No, she had not understood the leader’s words. Cercelee did not long to be anywhere but here, but she would not pretend she could control fate. I wouldn’t want to leave. I love this pack, more than anything. Sometimes though, situations are out of our control and we have to do what we don’t like. It happens. Cercelee was almost sad when she spoke these words, but not quite. She was just being honest. This pack is far better than any family. Family stays together under obligation and false pretenses, this pack stays together out of true friendship. Because we want to, because we want to be here. I wouldn’t want anyone in my pack here who truly didn’t want to be here, because there is no place I’d rather be. At least most the time. Cercelee did not bother to add that she had the habit of wandering, or taking a stroll on the beach or a breath of fresh air elsewhere. Lately though, she had stuck close to home, and been happy with that decision.

[/html]
Firefly's eyes danced as she met the sapphire eyes of her leader, a chuckle rising in her throat as she was given the okay to get in trouble with the boys if they wanted to get into her type of trouble. She knew exactly what type of trouble she wanted to get into, but she doubted she needed the help of the wine to reach that goal, a bit of mind to mind connection and competention between them would be just enough. She had already met the two males in the pack, atleast, she knew she had met two males, one flirty, the second one dangerous and daring. She felt a shiver slide down her back as the recent memories sprang in her him while the rain poured down. She gave a slight smile as she heard the brief sigh coming from Cercelee, instead of question her she let the sound slide by.

She set the bottle down as she leaned back on her hands, watching the rain patter on the grass and vines around them as she listened to the lady before her with her head drawn to the side, understanding what she said a little bit more but still wondering what she had against families as she went on. Firefly's ears flicked back slightly as she replied, "Not all families are like that, I followed my half brother and sister across seas and we were kindof like or own little pack.. but family as well." she made a slight sound showing she was still trying to shift and filter her words as she finished. "But.. my brother was a lot different than the rest of my family.. he was always sortof the dark broading one.. No one else seemed so sad and angry like him.. Maybe we got along so well because I didn't really treat him like the rest of the family. When we were on the sea all three of us were just companions.. maybe that's why we're so close.." Firefly's words kindof droned into nothing as she thought about what Cercelee had said, coming to her own views on a lot of things from the lady's words. Finally looking up at the lady as the rain fell in rivets down her pelt she sighed and shook her head. "Maybe it's all the same in the end.. but as long as I feel welcome here I don't think much further into the future past what I plan to do the next day..." A simmer of a smile spread on her lips as she watched Cercelee.
[html]

Cercelee gave her musical, tittering laugh again. Firefly’s defense of family reminded her of the many lectures she had heard before, but none of them seemed to understand. Of course not all families are like that. Just because you are family does not mean you can’t be friends, but what I mean is, just because you are family does not, and should not, automatically obligate you to care about them, or be friends, or anything like that. You choose to be with your brother and sister yes? Because you want to, not because you have to. If you did not get along with them and they were horrible people, would you still care for them the way you do? Maybe she would. Cer knew that many wolves did stick by their family, no matter the horrors that they did. Many probably thought that was why she allowed Haku to stay in the pack and handed him such a high rank. Yet it really had little to do with Haku, she was not loyal to him. She did it only because no one else offered any defense, besides Haku. She was loyal to the pack, and in times like these would take help where they came from. Haku, however, wished to help them largely because of family. It was a funny situation, if one could step away from the danger and personal connections. Cercelee sighed again. She probably sounded cold, admitting she would not stick by family through thick and thin on the sole basis they were family. My best friend was actually the daughter of one of my cousins. Cer surprised herself when the words came out in past tense. Was she losing hope that Coli would return?

[/html]
A smile lit on her lips as she watched her cousin, she really didn't care about family or pack, atleast in the way that they worked or didn't work, she had just known what she knew from personal experiences, though if she'd met her sister Ember the day before this conversation she'd probably fully agree with the ivory lady before her. She really didn't have a retort to the words that her leader had spoken so she just shrugged, "I don't know, haven't been around the rest of my family in a while to decide rather I give a damn.." her frank words seemed so out of place from their casual talk, but with a light smile she titled her head to the rain pouring down and laughed. "Depends on my mood though, I might not give a damn about anything tomorrow.. or I may just be looking for a partner in crime.." she gazed back at Cercelee and winked, "Want to join me for some criminal intent sometime? I won't tell if you won't tell." All her words were joking, but she wouldn't deny the lady some fun if she came looking for it, she was just as much laid back as she was in love with the dangerous minds. She didn't give a damn no matter what the world thought, but she could act.

The rain had soaked through and through but she didn't care, as the leader spoke of friendships she was mildly surprised after all the words of lack of devotion to family her best friend was one of her own cousins. Instead of pointing out the obvious she frowned slightly and mused. "What happened to her?...Must be nice, having a best friend.. I've always only had my siblings.. and trouble, there's always been a bit of fun and trouble." She really had never had a true friend outside of her small band of wondering relatives, she wondered if she could even devote the time required to a friend, she knew she could with family but they were almost like an detachable limb, maybe she'd have to try this new thing called a friend one day.. when she wasn't so interested in trouble.
[html]

Cercelee smiled at the girl at the invitation. Cercelee too lived for the here and now, her emotions and what she considered to be “logic” changing on a whim. Perhaps not because she wanted to change, but because it happened without her knowing and instead of brooding or trying to force herself to be something she was not, it was less stressful to just accept the changes for what they were. And to accept herself for who she was. Cercelee wasn’t one for danger or trouble, not for the sole purpose of danger and trouble at least. If it occurred in her fun and games she would deal with it, but she did not seek it out for the thrill of it. Her games were more strange and often of a childish and seemingly meaningless nature, and it was rare to find others who indulged in such eccentric behaviors. Oh, well there I can’t help you. I prefer to commit my crimes alone.

What happened to her? It was the one question Haku wouldn’t answer truthfully for her. Cercelee shrugged in defeat, although her voice was calm and serene. I don’t know. It was the truth. She didn’t know, at least she couldn’t say that she knew out loud. Cercelee knew that it was Haku’s fault, and that something unspeakable had happened, she could sense it as she had left them months and months ago. She knew it when Haku had showed back up. But she couldn’t say it out loud if he did not admit to it. Cercelee looked at Firefly, not wanting to kill the conversation but not really wishing to speak anymore of her best friend. What kind of trouble do you like exactly? Aside the kind with the males?

[/html]
Firefly grinned as her offer was declined, shrugging her shoulders she said with a dramatic sigh. "Well... if you ever need a thrill or two.. I guess I can fit it into my busy schedule..." She rolled her eyes up as she paused a moment or two to watch the rain falling before returning to her normal prgramming of fooling around and joking with the leader. Chuckling to herself she smile as she said truthfully. "No, really.. I don't really know anyone here yet.. I wouldn't mind a friend or two to stroll about with or discover new things.." she shook her head and admitted. "It's hard not knowing anyone?"

When she turned her eyes back to the lady she didn't miss the pause before she answered that she didn't know where her friend was. Firefly gave a slighty look of curiousity before she gave up on the subject but wondered exactly what had happened to the mysterious friend. It seemed like almost moments before Firefly's attention was brought back as Cercelee asked her what she liked to do. She grinned and admitted, "I'm not exactly sure, it's been forever since I've really done anything but sail the sea.." she scuffed a toe in the grass as she sat there in the rain, wondering what it would have been like to have a normal life, knowing up until now hers had been nothing like normal compared to the wolves of these lands.
[html]

Cercelee smiled as the female amended her offer, masking the change with a joke of conflicting schedules. After the joke had died though, Firefly offered herself up, did something that others often would view as making themselves vulnerable, and Cercelee liked the younger female all the more for it. Ah, see, you did not ask for a friend, you asked for a partner in crime. Friendship I can do. It was the truth, perhaps her willingness to give herself to others was a weakness in some ways. And yet, she never gave herself fully, perhaps to certain people she gave most of herself, but who had all of her? There were few, however, barring certain annoying or deranged relatives, that did not get at least some of her, if they wanted. Cercelee was there for the taking. It had been sometime since she had been lonely, not since the pack had formed. And how easily they had, Slay, Hanna and Mew fit into her and Colibri’s pack so easily, so naturally, and Slay had become a friend so fast. Even Hanna and Mew, as little as she knew them, were friends in her mind. She was lonely in other ways, Laruku made her realize that, or face it as she always knew deep down, but she was at least not for lack of friend. And Firefly would now be counted among those numbers. It is hard not knowing anyone, but you know me. And Haku. And you’ll meet the others, and they are friendly and good hearted. You won’t be lonely for long I hope. It was all she could offer, was hope that the girl wouldn’t be lonely, because Cercelee could not read the future for Firefly anymore than she could read her own.

Firefly spoke of sailing more, and Cercelee felt that the younger female had been too far removed from the concrete world, Cercelee’s world. Firefly had lived in a far away land, and in Cer’s mind, it did not exist if it was not here, now, in the present. The alabaster female had no remedy for the girl’s ailment, homesickness. And Cercelee could not think of any hobbies to offer to keep the girls mind off of them. Indicating to the bottle, Cer smile. You like to drink.

[/html]
A grin split her maw at the words her leader said, with a guilty shrug she debated. "Isn't a friend a partner in crime at times too? I'd watch out.. peer pressure is a very persuassive thing.." her twinkling eyes followed the female's as she spoke, knowing that friends could get you to do things you normally wouldn't do otherwise, but the trouble and mischief friends got into tended to be the memories that were remembered and fawned over most later in life when the world settled down. She stretched out her water plastered frame and sighed as she enjoyed the patter of raindrops on her pelt as they spoke, knowing it had been too long since she'd spent the time with another.

She fiddled with one of the celtic armbands as a troubled shadow passed over her face for a moment, the words that followed were truthful and slightly worrysome. "I'm sure... but it's been a while since I've been out on my own, I've always had a sibling beside me.. and it seems.. bare without our shadows mingling now.." She knew she could make friends easily, it wasn't hard with her outlook on life and cheery joking nature, but she also had a dark side and dark things that thrilled and excited her, which she didn't want discovered by the whole world, friends were things that tended to interupt secret lives and mysteries. She shook her head and gave up the idea of what could happen when lives crossed.

She dropped her fingers from fiddling with the band as Cercelee spoke again, the bronze hued lady grinned at the obvious of what Firefly liked to do. She rolled her eyes slightly and joked. "That kindof stuff you learn on the sea, water doesn't stay fresh forever.. but I guess I could learn some sort of hobby or so.. What do you like to do.." she asked with slight curiousity, she hadn't really just hung around and sat chatting with anyone, especially out in the rain, but the last part didn't bother her, atleast she knew she could make friends and find things to do with her time since she really didn't have any sort of duties.
[html]

Cercelee tilted her head thoughtfully at the girl. Perhaps what she said was true for many, but Cercelee had never know peer pressure to be of any concern, or any type of pressure from anyone. She did what she wanted for the most part and when it came to the pack she would do what she had to, but other that what was best for the pack she lived with no restrictions. And rarely did she go out of her way to please someone if she did not wish to. No one had really had any real sway over her, and on certain matters she even refused all opinions but her own. At times Cercelee could be completely surrounded by others and yet be completely apart from them, living in her own world. A world that so far no one else had fully penetrate.

Cercelee smiled sympathetically at the girl as she spoke of her siblings. Of course, Cercelee could not really sympathize. Her siblings were long dead and she had less than three months worth of memories from them, the only time she had spent walking besides them was in her dreams. And they were always young, they would never grow up in her mind, and so the biggest concern for her brothers was if they could catch a butterfly and the most meaningful conversation she had with them was who could run the fastest. But of course, she would always wake up and rarely when waking did she think of them. Cercelee had walked alone most of the time, the closest she could come to knowing what Firefly was missing was the longing Cer had for Coli. But even Coli’s absence had been accepted and Cercelee did not bother thinking about her cousin much either.

Laughing her sweet, warm laugh, Cercelee shrugged. She had no real set hobbies, and she could not blame her lack of hobbies with being busy as a leader either. Even before then, she had never committed herself to any one activity. Others had asked her what she liked to do, and she hated telling them nothing, because that was not true. Cercelee did what she felt like would be fun at the time and once it ceased to be fun she ceased to engage in that activity. I like to wander beaches and count the stars... Those were two things she never tired of. But she was hard pressed to come up with more. Oh. And enjoy a nice storm. She hoped it was start to thunder soon.

[/html]