Do you know me? [Leader needed]
[html]
OOC: Thanks! c: by the way, how do you make a new paragraph within a post?? The enter button either refuses to follow the rules or there's some HTML thing I'm getting wrong here.../ wc+342

Nightkeeper nodded eagerly at the mention of work. "I can pull my weight," she said. "After my brother died, before I left my family, I shut down completely, refusing to speak and rarely moving. I've experienced what it's like to be a burden; it's not something I would like to repeat." The dark-coated girl remembered back to when she had been useless to her parents. It had disgusted her that her father was unfazed by his actions in killing, even if accidentally, her runt brother. She had closed the world away completely; she hadn't eaten for maybe a week before she suddenly burst back to life, resuming hunting and playing with her parents, a day before she disappeared without a trace. She knew she had broken her parents' hearts, but if they were really so cold-hearted to be unscathed by their own pup's death, then so be it. She was mostly over it; they hadn't gone looking for her, amounting to her discomfort in thinking of them now. Maybe they didn't care, and that almost broke her heart, but she kept herself together because she knew she had a future and that she shouldn't waste it.

The agile female gave a small, polite wave as the bronze she-wolf departed. Looking back at Soran and hearing the mention of touring the pack lands, her ears pricked with excitement. She would get to see her new home, get to know the borders she would now be defending. Maybe she would make friends; maybe not. Nightkeeper never was the social butterfly, but maybe someone to be her shadow and keep her in line where she lacked knowledge might be nice. She learned fast, and knew Soran would find that out soon enough, for the dark-pelted female knew she wasn't yet worth much more than the decorations she wove and wished to be useful, actually useful. She nodded happily, waiting to follow the older female around the lands, learning the scents and landmarks and borders that she now lived within.

<style type="text/css">
.nightk b {font-weight:bold; color:#3c4247; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e0404; }
.nightk p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nightk {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#350909; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VXsM4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 235px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f322e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nightk p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nightk p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread