Do you know me? [Leader needed]
The scent of border markings drifted past the she-wolf's nose as she approached. Nightkeeper's paws barely skimmed the ground as she pelted through the foliage, but they sunk deep into the soft soil as she abruptly halted, bracing against the impact with her haunches lowered and her tail sweeping the leaves. The border marking was right in front of her, and unless she was the stupidest loner ever to set paw on this barren and rubbish-ridden earth, there was no way she was crossing. She knew this was a pack territory, and she knew that while there were some peaceful packs, there was no point in finding out the hard way if they would take her trespassing badly and tear her apart.

She decided to play civilized. Shaking herself out once, Nightkeeper slowed her breath and lowered her rear into an alert but relaxed sitting position. She kept her tail flat so as not to raise alarm, and she tucked her paws against her belly. She didn't want to look like a threat, but she didn't want to look pathetic, either. The snake hanging in her ear clicked softly as her ears flicked backward and the she-wolf raised her head to howl, quietly in case there was in fact one or several members of the pack nearby.
[html]

Hello there! I'm Maddi Smile Welcome to 'Souls Smile WC: 588

The ebony pelted female had only really just arrived back home after the battle yesterday, she could not help but feel triumphant, they had achieved their goals, they had defeated the tyrannous leader of Aniwaya and hopefully restored some kind of peace to the lands. She was smiling as she walked the lands, her daughters were safe, her mate was safe, Mati was safe, all seemed well with the world, at least for this short moment of time, the packs had banded together and shown the cruel leader of the other pack that they would not be terrorised! They would not be pushed around according to his whims, they were strong and they were a family and he would not be getting in the way of that. The dark pelted female could not help but start to think of a plan, an idea for a pack gathering, after all their time of hard ship it was about time that they should have a celebration, the war was practically over after all, it was time for them to celebrate. Of course it could not be too cheery an occasion, they had lost friends and allies as had many others, it would be a rememberance of their lives, their help as much as anything. The sable grandmother was cherful for the moment though, even though her arm was bound tightly in a sling across her chest still. It still hurt when she moved it, the muscles having been damaged when she had been fighting that large male guardian, but today even that seemed less of a burden. The sound of a howl caught the sable female's ears and she began towards it, she mkoved with caution thoug, one never knew, this soon after what seemed to be the ending of the war it might be an Aniwayan wolf with a grudge, a debt that they felt needed settling, although it had transpired that most of the wolves who had lived in Aniwaya previous to Maska's rule had hated him as much as the wolves from other packs, joing forces with them to fight him and drive him from the lands, still it might be a guardian. Just in case Soran unclipped the knife that rested at her thigh from it's holster, not removing it, just making it easy to grasp if the call turned out to be from an intruder and not a newcomer.

Soon enough a dark pelted female came into view, Soran strode towards her carefully, the sable Aedile's curkled mane flowing freely, blowing about her shoulders and back in the breeze that blew through the lands. Her green eyes gazed over the female as she approached, noting her body modifications, it seemed that the older female had found a kindred spirit here, she herself had two silver hoops in the tip of her left ear, along with a tattoo on the upper portion of her right arm, a tribal butterfly in green and red with the word hope written beneath it. A smile touched her lips, although long fingers gently brushed at the handle of the knife in its holster as she approached, after all, one could not simply switch off their nervous emotions just because a war appeared to be over, there could still be ripples of trouble for some time to come.
"Hello there, who are you?" Soran said, her tone warmer than it had been in the past weeks, it would take a while, but she was beginning to relax around newcomers it seemed.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

[/html]
OOC: WOAH OMG EPIC POST LAYOUT!! ...Jealousness... Lol :3 and shmanks, this is really cool here...

IC: Nightkeeper looked up. A female loomed over her, her fingers lingering on the clip of a knife strapped to her thigh. The she-wolf ceased her call and studied the other female for a moment, before standing up with her tail quivering between a lower position and a challenging higher one. The girl was tense, so Nightkeeper was as well; she didn't know whether to expect an attack or whether she was actually the one expected to attack. She paused before speaking, her golden eyes sweeping up to a spot just below the other female's green ones, but not meeting her gaze in case it was taken as a challenge.

"My name is Nightkeeper," she said. "I'm just a loner. Wandering." She blinked, waiting for a reply. A thought crept into her mind; what if she was invited to join? What if she wasn't invited, but now that she had imagined it, what if she theorized that pack life was a better life than a loner's?
[html]

Why thank you, I am sure that if you post in the request section of our talents forum (click here) asking for a posting table then someone would happily make you one Smile WC: 455

The sable female watched the younger girl with caution, she did not look like she was about to attack her, avoiding her gaze, her stance was not threatening, but of course this could be a trick. The sable female could not afford to be tricked, not when she was injured and essentially the front line of defence between the pack and this female. It was true that the ebony Aedile had greeted many of the newcomers on the borders with a sharp hunting knife in her hand, being suspicious of all that arrived here, but that was very different from her soft, more motherly nature, she could be a fierce warrior when she wished to be, but often she was a much more relaxed creature. Her older age seemed to have mellowed her, in fact she was unsure if she would recognise herself if she met her younger self again, so much had happened that had changed to sable female, such as becoming re-mated to Deuce and of course finding out that she was now a great grandmother, thanks to Haven. The younger girl spoke and Soran nodded, her hand moving away from the handle of her hunting knife, it seemed that she had deemed this girl to be less of a threat than she had first anticipated. She nodded as the girl spoke, her jade gaze roaming over the girl, assessing her with her eyes, smiling as she saw the tattoos that adorned the female's dark pelt, it was more than likely that she would fir in here if she chose to join.

The tall female gave the girl one final look over before speaking once again.
"I see, well you are standing at the borders of Crimson Dreams here, my name is Soran Aatte, I am the Aedile of the pack. Are you hoping to join us here Nightkeeper?" The female asked, watching the girl still, she was musing over whether or not to fully trust the girl at the moment, she had moved her hand from her knife, but she had yet to put the clasp back together, that would be a sign that she had decided to trust the female. She seemed polite enough though, perhaps she would want to join, she was young, no doubt she would have skills that would be useful to the pack, it seemed that she was a bit of an artist, perhaps a piercer or a tattoo artist if her modifications were anything to go by. The pack had no-one that was like that, except for Soran herself who could pierce wolves, but she had never attempted to tattoo anyone. It might be interesting having someone who might be a tattoo artist around the lands.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

[/html]
Nightkeeper thought for a minute. "Yes, I think I would like to join, if that's alright," she said. She stood upright, her body morphing into the more humanoid form. It was a bit untidy; she hadn't shifted from her fully wolf for in quite some time. She swished her tail to keep her balance, and looked at Soran. She watched the other female as her green gaze swept over her. Nightkeeper could tell she was trying to decide whether or not to trust her, and figured there must have either been some fight recently or there weren't many other members around to guard pups (if any) or the rest of the pack. She kept her gaze directed to a spot near Soran's ears, watching them for signs of alarm or aggression, and keeping her eyes from making direct contact. Nightkeeper had lived almost completely feral for a period of time, and was always very alert for the basic signs and warnings through body language, though probably most of the other wolves here were alert as well.
[html]
Sorry for the little wait on this I do try to get to joining threads right away, but it was a busy day yesterday.

The sable Aedile watched the younger girl with cautious eyes, she was still uncertain whether or not to trust her, after all this could be an Aniwayan trick, someone may still have been left who was loyal to the psychotic leader, even though he had now been deposed, perhaps this young female was here for revenge. The war had been a trying time for all of the dreaming pack, Soran herself had not slept properly for days on end, it seemed to have been the way for all of the wolves in the pack, nerves and tempers had been growing ever more short, as was the patience and the tolerance for their fellow members being kidnapped. Eventually they had risen up against the oppressive male to the south, they had banded together with another pack, Cour des Miracles, the pack where Soran's grandson and great grandchildren resided and together they had driven the foe off, but that was only a day or so ago; it would take time for everyone to return to their more care free selves. Smiling may require a little more time before they became easy and happy once again, rather than the strained forced ones that so many were managing to plaster upon their lips as a false sign of being alright. The truth was that many of the wolves had been physically wounded in the fighting, the dark Aedile's sling being an obvious show of this, but even more had been wounded mentally or emotionally, having one's loved ones taken away from you was enough to frazzle even the strongest of nerves; having an enemy pack come into your lands and disturb what you felt was your sanctuary, your safe place, well that was enough to cause any wolf to feel uncomfortable around strangers.

The younger female spoke again and Soran nodded, watching her carefully still, the female shifted into a bipedal form and the jet pelted mother smiled, well that was one thing she would not have to ask, though she had already assumed that the girl would have had to be a Luperci, especially as she was adorned with body modifications. For a moment the dark Aedile braced herself, awaiting the female's attack, as she had changed forms so quickly, Soran was still suspicious of her and did not want to be caught off guard, the ebony lady's ears folded backwards for a moment in alarm, before it became apparent that the younger female was not going to do anything and so the jet pelted mother's body relaxed once more, she did not apply the clip of the holster just yet though, she would wait and see what the dark pelted female's reactions were first.
"Well, in that case I shall do a little bit of explaining, I am an Aedile of this pack, which means although I may greet you here I cannot accept you into our ranks, that will be for our leader to decide. First of all I shall ask you a few questions, then I shall call for our leader." The dark lady explained, her tone softer than it had been, something of a motherly smile playing across her lips now.
"Well Nightkeeper, what sort of skills do you have that our pack might benefit from?" The ebony pelted female asked, watching the girl with large green eyes, once the girl had answered this question then Soran would call for one of their leaders to come and judge the girl. She did not want to bother them prematurely though, Savina and Anu would be worn out from the battle and the lady did not want to disturb them unnecessarily, she would ask the questions in order to speed the situation along.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 622
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 264

The golden-eyed female nearly flinched when Soran's ears went back as a response to her shifting, but managed to refrain her instinctual tensing of muscles. She could tell that the older female was very smart; untrusting, but not completely hostile either, as anyone would be provoked by. Nightkeeper understood the tension and wasn't too bothered by it, but it was a bit hard to ignore, and she was just a tiny bit nervous in trying not to portray any signs of an attack that wouldn't come. It was like sitting in those rooms with a police officer; guilty or not, you're still going to sweat, you're still going to stutter, you're still going to make it look like you're lying. Only the rehearsed ones pulled through without a flaw, and those were the ones who made it obvious they were ready with a lie.

The older female spoke again, asking her a question. She thought a minute before answering. "I'm not sure what this would be in the way of useful, depending on our separate definitions," she said, "but I did the tattoo myself, and the dye. I didn't pierce my own ears but I've done it on others. I've welded before, actually, once; I made an iron claw cover, very sharp, but I lost it a while back." She brought up a paw to push her bangs out of the way, not used to them after having stayed in the Lupus form for most of her travels. They were black, darker than the rest of her coat, the under-layers streaked with crimson dye.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.darkroses57 b {color:#ff0030; }
.darkroses57 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.darkroses57 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.darkroses57 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.darkroses57 .wordcount {color:#a70020; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #a70020; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Feel free to add leader needed to your title now, you do that by clicking edit on your very first post in this thread, it will let you change or add bits to the title Smile Feel free to keep replying until one of the leaders joins us Smile WC:653

The sable mother noticed the slight alarm in Nightkeeper's face and stance when the dark Aedile herself braced and made herself ready to attack the girl. This softened the ebony lady's heart a little towards the younger girl, she moved a long fingered hand and clipped the holster of the knife closed as she looked at the girl, this was a sign of trust, showing that she no longer saw her as a threat.
"I apologise for my initial cautiousness, we have been at war recently. The war is over, but we are all a little on edge at the moment, it was a terrible hardship to endure, they kidnapped some of our members. It seems to all be over now, but I am a little wary in case there are any remaining loyalists to him stalking near our lands." The jet pelted female said, her tone now a lot more soft. The strain of the war was obvious on the female's face, as well as her injured arm being in a sling, she was worn, like a stone that had been constantly run over by a stream. The whole pack were exhausted, perhaps this would be the first night that they would sleep soundly in their beds, Soran herself had barely slept at all since the war had begun, staying awake until all hours of the night, patrolling the lands, rising early. It was a good thing that she often had gone without sleep in her youth, or else she might have been suffering from the effects of her insomnia rather intensly. She smiled at the younger girl as she spoke, looking her over, nodding as she talked of her skills as a piercer and a tattoo artist, it was evident that the girl was rather skilled, her body modifications were all rather nicely done. Soran herself had a fondness for such things, bearing a tattoo on her upper arm and a small pair of silver hoops in the tip of her left ear, she herself could pierce, but had never attempted tattooing another, or indeed herself.

The younger girl spoke of her welding and again Soran nodded her dark head, the loose curls of her dark mane falling about her shoulders as she did so, it seemed that this girl had a set of unique and rather interesting talents. She could not help but be a little impressed, many of the wolves who came here could hunt and fight and that was the majority of their skill set, to have someone creative was a rare treat. The welding fascinated Soran, it could make the younger girl very useful in times of war and indeed with the farming and maintenance of the house, to have someone who could join metals coulod come in very handy indeed.
"It seems that you have a set of very interesting talents there. Your tattoo is very nice, I must say I am rather impressed, I myself am a bit of an amateur piercer, I did these." Soran replied, her tone friendly, she gestured to the tip of her velvety ears as she spoke, showing the silver hoops in the tip of her ear.
"It seems to me that you might be of a great deal of use here. I shall call for one of our leaders now," the dark Aedile said with a smile; she tilted her dark head back, opening her maw and letting out a loud call for either Savina or Anu to come and see the pair and judge Nightkeeper accordingly. The sable female smiled, looking back at the younger girl.
"Tell me Nightkeeper, how about hunting, how do your skills fair there?" The dark lady asked, suddenly wondering whether or not this girl would be able to hunt as well, that might be something that the leaders would ask and so the sable mother felt that it would be right to ask.

[/html]
[html]

Alrighty :] edited it in.

Word Count → 378

The sound of the clip over the knife was almost enough to make Nightkeeper relax to the point of a sigh of relief, but she knew that would probably sound suspicious. She smiled, however, glad that the tension was gone; it tended to send mixed messages, hostile or not. When the other female spoke of the war, the girl's ears stiffened with alarm; she had fought once or twice in her life, but had never actually experienced a war. Now she understood the untrusting atmosphere and the patient yet alert readiness to attack.
"That must have been... Traumatizing," she said. She wanted to ask how bad it had been, but dared not, for fear the answer would be painful to tell. When complimented on her talents, she smiled.
"Thank you. I traveled with a few pups at one point, and you know how they're all about piercings and tattoos right now. I'm basically still a pup myself, or right smack where I don't fit within either category." She chuckled. "I've hunted on my own for a while now... Mostly smaller prey, rabbits and the occasional duck if I'm lucky. I started learning to hunt bigger prey right before I left my home, so I'm sorry to say that I'm a little inexperienced." It had only been about two weeks before her brother died that her parents had started taking them out to hunt the big prey. Nightkeeper had mostly not payed attention, chasing butterflies and birds and once in a while catching one. It made her parents mad, which was exactly her goal, yet they had somehow managed to pin the blame on her brother yet again. When he had died, she had had a grand total of one successful hunt with her parents, which was quickly forgotten when she had run away. She knew she could never bring down anything larger than herself alone, and even then she had trouble at first with the rabbits. But, as she traveled on, she grew accustomed to smaller prey, and got used to the life as a loner. Pack life would be a big change for Nightkeeper, but she knew that if anything had to be handled daily by a loner, it was change, and she could deal with it.

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.darkroses57 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.darkroses57 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.darkroses57 .wordcount {color:#a70020; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #a70020; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Hi, I'm Alli. I play Mati as well as Anu (the packs 2nd in command). Anu is hurt at the moment, so Mati is here to greet you ^^

The winds were cooling, the woman could feel the seasons change just as she saw the change in the pack. They were ragged, beaten but they were no longer the victims. The Church woman had been there when they called victory upon their enemies, and when they had rescued those that were prisoners of the AniWaya tribe. There had been a thrill with the fight, but her relief surpassed any emotion. Her mate had been taken, and now knowing she was safe was the greatest of reliefs. Their borders were still vulnerable and knowing that the pack's leaders were either injured or occupying AniWaya Mati did what she could to watch over the pack lands.

She had been gathering dry wood for fires and patrolling the Dreaming boundary when the call had been brought to her ears by that wintry wind. Placing the timber down she moved towards the sound, knowing the voice well. Soran had greeted another joiner since the start of the war, and Mati followed her familiar voice. Her grandmother had taken up an empty spot in these times of need, filling the roll of dedicated pack member. Mati had been slow to admit that her long lost grandmother had such potential.

There was less tension in her stance now, and when she neared the two females Mati actually smiled as she made her appearance. Hello. She greeted, her Optime form standing tall among them. The Church woman had always been a formidable creature. Another stray, grandmother?

[/html]
[html]
No problem Smile Apologies, I may have rambled a little here XD

The sable mother watched the young girl with careful eyes, it had not been until she had relaxed that she had realised just how young this girl was. She could not have been a year old yet, the dark female looked her over, it was quite an achievement that she had made it this far alone, Soran admired that in another wolf, she herself had had to survive alone for a long time as a young wolf as well, hers was not a choice though, she wondered what had lead this young girl to be all alone in the world, obviously far from home, seeking a new life within the Crimson Dreams borders. She watched the younger female, wondering what had happened within her life to bring her here, it was not an uncommon thing, many wolves came here at various stages of life, it was just that she was so young and already seemed independant and alone, it was strange how life could shape a wolf. The sable female herself had lived a long time and had travelled a long way, in her childhood she had moved constantly with her adoptive mother, trying to elude her father for as long as possible, but eventually he had caught the small group and Soran had spent a long time alone after that. It would have been almost a year that she had wandered alone before she had found the lands to the North of these, before the terrible fire had burned them to the ground and forced the wolves here; she had been almost two when she had arrived there and she must have been wandering alone since she was around a year old. This was not all bad though, it had taught the ebony pelted Aedile to survive alone, it had taught her to hunt, to fight, to be alone. Without those life lessons she might have been a very different wolf, perhaps that was something to be thankful for, she was not sure what kind of wolf a happy stable family life might have produced; all the things that had happened in her life, both good and bad had lead her to the life that she lead now. Without the hardships she would not be here in this pack, she would not have her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, she would not have Deuce, perhaps it was a good thing that her life had had the blissful highs and the terrible lows that it had done.

Soran listened as the female spoke, saying that the war must have been traumatic, the sable female nodded her dark head in reply, yes it had been awful.
"Yes, it was a very troubling few months, hopefully we have seen tha last of it all now." Soran replied, her tone becoming harsh once again as she remembered the events of the war. The night of the raid had been particularly traumatic, especially for Soran who had arrived too late to be of any help, it had shattered her heart to see Anu, one of the pack's leaders, unconcious on the canoe, being taken away to who knew what torment. The sable female had been feeling guilty ever since that day, she could not contain her hatred for the Aniwayan leader and the group of thugs that he referred to as his guardians. The ebony pelted female watched as the female spoke again, thanking her for the compliment on her tattoo, Soran smiled softly as she looked at the girl.
"I see, so you have not been all alone for all of this time? I have lived with a few packs that had been rather keen on piercings and tattoos myself actually. It's funny how wolves have adopted some human habits is it not?" The lady asked, a smile now present on her face. She reached up with her good arm and brushed a long strand of her mane out of her face, the loose curls and waves were becoming a frustration at the moment, with one arm in a sling the lady could not restrain it as she usually did, having it falling loose about her face and shoulders, tumbling down her back was getting to be a little annoyance to her. She made a mental note to ask one of her daughters to tie it back into its usual thick braid when she saw them later. Nightkeeper spoke again and the dark female nodded, smiling at the younger girl, it seemed that she was not yet the most skilled hunter, but the fact that she had survived alone suggested that she was at least competant.
"Well surviving alone proves that you have some skills, you can learn anything else I am sure, I would be willing to teach you, once this arm is healed of course." Soran replied, still smiling softly.
"How long have you lived alone then Nightkeeper, if you do not mind me asking?" The Aedile asked, she was curious about this young girl.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 834
[/html]
[html]

Apologies for the late response D: I never got a notification on my email like I usually do and didn't think to check what the heck was taking so long to reply xD

Word Count → 267

A few memories popped up in her mind, making their appearance when the darker female asked how long she had been alone. She couldn't quite remember; it hadn't been terribly long. She assumed she had been somewhere around seven months, relatively young but not such a ridiculous age for running away. She hadn't been a runt, thank whomever responsible, and her parents had treated her well; her brother, however, was a different story. Her father and brother had had a tense relationship from the beginning, rooted at her parents' disappointment in his existence. He was Nightkeeper's twin, yet he was nearly half her size, and slightly deformed where his spine ran a bit crooked. The memories of the fight between him and his father and the resulting image of the dead little wolf racked the dark female's mind, sending waves of time-deluded pain washing over her conscience. She bit her lip, forcing the thoughts back to the hidden crevice where they belonged. Pulling herself together, Nightkeeper opened her mouth to answer Soran's question about her travels. "I was... Seven, maybe almost eight months when I left. I suppose it hasn't been too long, just enough for me to grow accustomed to the life of a loner." She looked up as the other wolf arrived, glancing briefly at her eyes and quickly looking away. She had forgotten that it was provocative in the moment of surprise as the other female appeared behind Soran. "Hello," she said, looking down apologetically. Her tail was lowered in case the female had taken offense to her unintentional eye-contact.

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

I somehow didn't see your post at all Alli! I'm ever so sorry! WC: 539

The sable female smiled at the younger girl as she spoke, nodding as she told her how long she had been alone. The sable female probably understood better than most that being alone could be a tough time, she herself had been alone for many many months, having been younger than this young girl when she had found herself alone, she had not chosen to be alone of course, but sometimes even a choice could be forced. Sometimes the only course of action was to leave a place, especially when the atmosphere there was poisonous. The sable female nodded.
"Ah yes, I understand the life of a loner, have you decided that joining a pack would be a better course of action then?" The sable Aedile replied, smiling at the younger girl, her tone understanding. The sable female stretched slightly, wincing at the pain of her injured arm, even though it was well supported in the sling it would still twinge and ache every now and again as she moved it, any small movement jarring the healing muscle and usually causing the ebony female to emit a hiss of pain from between her sharp teeth. This moment was no exception, she hissed slightly as she shifted her arm in the sling, the aching going deep into the muscle, it had a small tear in it and would take a long time to heal, the dark female just hoped that the pain would cease soon. As she heard a familiar voice in reply to her call she turned and smiled. Mati had called her grandmother for a start, this was something that warmed the sable female's heart, finally everything was falling back into place, she had Deuce as her mate again, the war was finally over and her family seemed to be warming to her, these were all things to be grateful for indeed.

Mati's presence did make her a little worried about the whereabouts of Anu, it was true that Mati had come to greet the last loner that Soran had greeted at the borders, because the grey pelted leader had been trapped in Aniwaya at the time. The sable Aedile hoped that the female was alright, she was concerned about her well being, after all many wolves had been wounded in the battles that made up the Crimson Dreams and Cour des Miracles stand against the Aniwayan menace. The dark female smiled though as she noticed her bronze granddaughter's smile, it was good to see her happy, when Cambria had been kidnapped Soran had feared that it might shatter her granddaughter's heart.
"Yes, Mati, another stray indeed. This is Nightkeeper, she is hoping to join our pack. She can pierce wolves and is a tattoo artist, she can also weld. Nightkeeper this is Mati, she is our pack's Praefectus, her mother is our pack's second in command, which means that she has the power to accept you in her absence." The dark female replied, gesturing between the pair with her good arm as she introduced them. She was glad that the younger girl seemed to have remembered to be submissive to Mati, it would help her chances if she was polite and submissive to the higher ranked wolves.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 286

Nightkeeper nodded when the grandmotherly female asked her about her course of action. "To be honest," she said, "I hadn't really thought of any other life than a loner's before I stumbled upon your borders. I realized, wait, maybe being alone isn't the best idea. Maybe I could actually be worth something for once, you know?" she asked, and blushed. "I have... Kind of an unstable self-esteem issue. Emotions hit me harder. I can look tough, like nothing anyone says can faze me, but I still feel pretty crappy under the mask." She chuckled. "You could say I have good face composure." She was surprised at herself for sharing this. She could tell Soran was definitely formidable as an enemy or a warrior, but she had an air about her that spoke of understanding and motherliness. Nightkeeper had never met anyone quite the same, which wasn't saying much; she hadn't met many creatures she could talk to in her short life. She smiled as she remembered the horse herd she had run into quite by accident; the animals and her had a rough and jagged way of communicating in the short time they had spent together, but they both had come to an agreement that if the wolf-girl didn't steal the lead stallion's mares and foals, they wouldn't attack as a herd. It had been quite an interesting experience, and the tiny misunderstandings in the high- and low-speech overlaps that had escalated into outrageously exaggerated offenses were quite amusing indeed. When Soran introduced Nightkeeper to Mati, the dark-pelted female wasn't quite up-to-date with polite greeting gestures, and had to settle for a nod and a slight awkward bow.

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
No worries. I'm going to keep Mati's appearance here brief, you too already have a good dialogue going here. Fell free to post after the acceptance message!

Mati knew that her grandmother would already have the details on the wolf that sought their acceptance. The older woman knew the ways of the pack, as she had been in many and had no doubt met many newcomers. Even with the war so fresh in their minds Mati could see no notion of deceit in the unknown wolf.

She nodded as the black wolfess introduced them, taking in the name and the ways of this wolf. Nightkeeper was a particular name, without a doubt shadowed with a mysterious background. But she did not linger on the peculiar name but thought of her skills. They were more fashionable then they were practicable and for that Mati hesitated for a moment. But she was not here to place her own opinion onto this wolf, but it was in her mother's mind that she needed to sit and think.

Her mother was a gentle soul, accepting and she only sought one that would speak the truth. If they could hunt or fight, or if they simply wished to live amongst peace and pick dandelions, Anu did not see a difference. It's nice to meet you Nightkeeper. I'm sure Soran has told you, but Crimson Dreams has suffered from confrontations with a neighboring pack. We're looking to repair the damage that has been done, and new faces can help with a fresh start. She smiled, hoping that she was as welcoming as her mother would have been.

Purple eyes watched the gray pelted wolfess, I hope you will find it comfortable here, and help where you can. A not too hidden message, they all needed to pull their weight in the pack. Mati would be watching. I will tell Anu of her acceptance. She spoke the last bit to the ebony wolf. Dismissing herself the tall bronze fey left the two to resume their conversation, and for Nightkeeper to get a better sense of the Dreaming lands.

[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

[html]
That's fine Alli, shall continue on with everything then Smile And welcome to Crimson Dreams Nightkeeper! Big Grin

The sable grandmother listened as the girl began to explain, saying that she wanted the chance to be useful, she nodded her dark head as the girl spoke, it made perfect sense to the Aedile that the girl would want to find something that would make her feel useful. That was why Soran had come back here and joined her old pack after all, partially it was because she wanted to be close to her grandchildren and her former home, but also it was because in the pack that she had last been in she had felt useless, an extra that came along with the leader; she had never had a clearly set out role, she had been more of an honorary member than anything else, being here gave the older female a sense of purpose once more. It was good to be home, among friends and family, being a member of a pack again, feeling that what she was doing was helpful and useful to someone.
"I understand that as well Nightkeeper, it is nice to feel needed, to feel that what you are doing is helping someone, making things a little easier for someone else. If that is your view then I am sure that our pack would be happy to have you, we all have to pull together, now more than ever." The dark female replied as she looked down at the younger girl. The girl spoke of masking her emotions, the dark female knew about that as well, most of the wolves in the lands wore masks, hid their emotions. Many, many wolves in these lands had practiced it themselves recently, replying to the question of how they were with an "I'm fine" and a smile, none of them had been fine really, they had all been fraught with worry, it had been a terrible time.

The dark pelted Aedile smiled as her bronze granddaughter spoke to Nightkeeper, welcoming her to the pack, the comment that she had made about everyone needing to work together did not miss Soran, she smiled at the bronze girl, knowing that she had meant that Nightkeeper would have to be ready to work a little as well. The dark female smiled though as the girl was welcomed into the pack.
"Welcome to the pack Nightkeeper," Soran added, smiling and giving a small wave goodbye as Mati left. She turned back to the dark pelted girl.
"Well, would you like a tour of the lands then?" She asked, offering the female a chance to have a proper look around the lands.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 430
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Thanks! c: by the way, how do you make a new paragraph within a post?? The enter button either refuses to follow the rules or there's some HTML thing I'm getting wrong here.../ wc+342

Nightkeeper nodded eagerly at the mention of work. "I can pull my weight," she said. "After my brother died, before I left my family, I shut down completely, refusing to speak and rarely moving. I've experienced what it's like to be a burden; it's not something I would like to repeat." The dark-coated girl remembered back to when she had been useless to her parents. It had disgusted her that her father was unfazed by his actions in killing, even if accidentally, her runt brother. She had closed the world away completely; she hadn't eaten for maybe a week before she suddenly burst back to life, resuming hunting and playing with her parents, a day before she disappeared without a trace. She knew she had broken her parents' hearts, but if they were really so cold-hearted to be unscathed by their own pup's death, then so be it. She was mostly over it; they hadn't gone looking for her, amounting to her discomfort in thinking of them now. Maybe they didn't care, and that almost broke her heart, but she kept herself together because she knew she had a future and that she shouldn't waste it.

The agile female gave a small, polite wave as the bronze she-wolf departed. Looking back at Soran and hearing the mention of touring the pack lands, her ears pricked with excitement. She would get to see her new home, get to know the borders she would now be defending. Maybe she would make friends; maybe not. Nightkeeper never was the social butterfly, but maybe someone to be her shadow and keep her in line where she lacked knowledge might be nice. She learned fast, and knew Soran would find that out soon enough, for the dark-pelted female knew she wasn't yet worth much more than the decorations she wove and wished to be useful, actually useful. She nodded happily, waiting to follow the older female around the lands, learning the scents and landmarks and borders that she now lived within.

<style type="text/css">
.nightk b {font-weight:bold; color:#3c4247; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e0404; }
.nightk p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nightk {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#350909; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VXsM4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 235px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f322e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nightk p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nightk p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
It'll be the curse of HTML XD, I make my paragraphs by putting < p > at the beginning of the paragraph and < / p > at the end (without the spaces) you'll need to do that for each new paragraph. I hope that helps, if you have any other problems feel free to ask me, I will be more than happy to help Smile

The sable female watched her bronze granddaughter's back as she left, her heart went out to the young girl a little, she had had such a stressful time; her mate had been kidnapped, as had her mother, the girl had been beside herself with worry, Soran knew that, even if she had not shown it the ebony Aedile was almost certain that she had felt that way. The dark lady wanted to pull her young granddaughter into her arms and look after her, to protect her from the horrid outside world. Alas she had not been able to do that, it had been a trying time for everyone, luckily it was all behind them, but Soran still worried that the trials had affected her young granddaughter. She gave a light hearted smiled as she looked back to Nightkeeper, listening as she spoke. The female revealed a lot about herself as she spoke, saying that her brother had died, saying that she had shut down and been what she felt was a burden. The Aedile's heart ached a little for the poor young girl, her ears drooped a little with sadness for the girl. It must have been terrible to have a sibling die, for a moment the ebony female thought back to her adoptive brother and best childhood friend. It had been a long time since the female had thought on Iikka, he had been a wonderful male with bi-coloured eyes and a crooked snout from where he had crashed into a rock in his youth. Soran missed him dearly, he had been her best friend when she had been young, at points he had been her only companion, once Becca had died it had just been the pair of them; then her father had killed him and the dark female's world had come crashing down. She still missed him whenever she thought of him, it had been a long time since she had last done so, he had died a long time ago and a lot had happened to her in the time that he had been gone. But Soran knew of the sorrow, the pain that one felt when someone that was so close to them passed away. She nodded as the young girl spoke, she understood more than well.
"I understand that, I know the pain that can come with losing someone so dear to you, did he die unexpectedly?" The lady asked, wondering if her brother had been a generally ill creature, perhaps he had died from a long illness, but somehow Soran doubted it.

The sable female gave Nightkeeper a warm smile as she gestured for her to follow her across the border, allowing her to come inside the lands and see what they had to offer. Soran thought that this girl had a lot to offer the lands as well, even though her skills lay in the more artistic side of things the sable female did not judge her, not at all. Now that the war was over the pack could do with something more artistic, something that might cheer everyone up, after all, not everyone was suited to practical things after all, not everyone was a builder or warrior. The dark female was certain that Nightkeeper would prove that she could be an asset to the pack. She turned and smiled at the girl.
"So, where to first then Nightkeeper? Would you like to see the house? Or perhaps we could pace the borders so that you can see where the lands stretch to?" Soran asked, pointing in the direction of the house and then left to the borders as she spoke each word.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 610
[/html]
[html]

Thank youu :] it works now it was so confusing before xD

wc → 417

Nightkeeper thought back to that horrid day when Soran questioned how her brother had died. No, it had not been raining; it had not been nighttime; it had actually been a beautiful day when they had snapped and gone at each other.

"It was... Somewhat expected, I suppose, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I thought there would be more time." She took a breath. "My dad and my brother - I can't name either of them, my heart breaks all over again - got into a fight, on probably the most beautiful day you've ever seen. Right when the sun was at the highest point. They just... Snapped. Well, my dad did... He attacked my brother, and they went at it for hours. I wanted to interfere. My mother thought this all was amusing, but she didn't realize that my dad wasn't in his right mind; he was overpowered by rage and adrenaline and probably buried hatred for his runt son. He killed him," she said bluntly. The memories were not pleasant, but they weren't so terrible that she couldn't remember them anymore. Most of the horror had passed, and while the pain was nowhere near gone, at least it, too, had surpassed the most terrible point.

Taking a deep breath, Nightkeeper pulled herself back together, with not too much difficulty. She'd been through it all before; it wasn't too much of a problem to compose herself after a breakdown. She chuckled; she had succeeded in not thinking about 'the incident,' as she called it, since maybe the second week of her departure from her parents. Sure, the pain had gotten to her, but she hadn't actually thought about it. It was like listening to a sad movie without the aid of sight; she knew what was going on, somewhat, but the literal picture was absent. Actually, she was surprised now that she could think of them without too much trouble. It was almost a pleasant surprise, and it meant that now she didn't have to hide from herself so frantically as she had before. It was a good sign; she was healing.

The smoke-pelted woman smiled and stepped over the border, following the older lady into the territory. Thinking for a moment, Nightkeeper replied. "I think I'd like to see the house, if that's alright," she said. In her head, she thought it might be better to be accepted or at least presented to the rest of the pack before becoming familiar with the territory, in case her future family didn't approve after all and she wasn't fully accepted. At least then she wouldn't feel like she was leaving home, again. "I think I want to see what I'm up against," she chuckled.

<style>
</style>
[/html]