Do you know me? [Leader needed]
[html]

Thank youu :] it works now it was so confusing before xD

wc → 417

Nightkeeper thought back to that horrid day when Soran questioned how her brother had died. No, it had not been raining; it had not been nighttime; it had actually been a beautiful day when they had snapped and gone at each other.

"It was... Somewhat expected, I suppose, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I thought there would be more time." She took a breath. "My dad and my brother - I can't name either of them, my heart breaks all over again - got into a fight, on probably the most beautiful day you've ever seen. Right when the sun was at the highest point. They just... Snapped. Well, my dad did... He attacked my brother, and they went at it for hours. I wanted to interfere. My mother thought this all was amusing, but she didn't realize that my dad wasn't in his right mind; he was overpowered by rage and adrenaline and probably buried hatred for his runt son. He killed him," she said bluntly. The memories were not pleasant, but they weren't so terrible that she couldn't remember them anymore. Most of the horror had passed, and while the pain was nowhere near gone, at least it, too, had surpassed the most terrible point.

Taking a deep breath, Nightkeeper pulled herself back together, with not too much difficulty. She'd been through it all before; it wasn't too much of a problem to compose herself after a breakdown. She chuckled; she had succeeded in not thinking about 'the incident,' as she called it, since maybe the second week of her departure from her parents. Sure, the pain had gotten to her, but she hadn't actually thought about it. It was like listening to a sad movie without the aid of sight; she knew what was going on, somewhat, but the literal picture was absent. Actually, she was surprised now that she could think of them without too much trouble. It was almost a pleasant surprise, and it meant that now she didn't have to hide from herself so frantically as she had before. It was a good sign; she was healing.

The smoke-pelted woman smiled and stepped over the border, following the older lady into the territory. Thinking for a moment, Nightkeeper replied. "I think I'd like to see the house, if that's alright," she said. In her head, she thought it might be better to be accepted or at least presented to the rest of the pack before becoming familiar with the territory, in case her future family didn't approve after all and she wasn't fully accepted. At least then she wouldn't feel like she was leaving home, again. "I think I want to see what I'm up against," she chuckled.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.darkroses57 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEhjM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:450px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; color:#737373; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.darkroses57 b {color:#ff0030; }
.darkroses57 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.darkroses57 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.darkroses57 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.darkroses57 .wordcount {color:#a70020; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #a70020; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread