sarians new friend
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 337 words.

The pup was a curious little thing, meandering up to the taller woman to paw at her feet the fled to be with her surrogate. X'yrin noticed with some discomfort that the little one was rather thin, near malnourished. She looked to Shiloh quizzically anticipating some evidence as to why this was so. Shiloh explained as she coddled the child that it was found and was now in the care of both herself and Kiara. This was something new, to say the least, a change to an otherwise uneventful day. Still, it was strange that the two females would be tending to the pup when they were still much like children themselves. Independent and able, yes. But did they have the knowledge to become this little one's Shepard?

"Who will be the Shepard of your Sarian?" she inquired, the concept of a mother-daughter relationship having little to no meaning. She had heard of pack wolves adopting lost pups like this, but hadn't understood the bond that seemed to develop. In a short while, the young Shiloh came to look upon the face of her 'child' with adoration, something the Nomad understood, but had not felt for herself. The bonds of the Nomads were not like the bonds of a pack. They did not keep to their sires and dames, but made familiar bonds with those that were like them in craft. A mother.... a father were irrelevant. They were cared for by all and trained in life by a single mentor. Had Ichika adopted a similar aspect, she wondered.

The inevitable attention to her state came to play warranting a sort of strung from her matted shoulder. Rather than dirty the girl's blanket, she chose to seat herself beside the cloth, curling her legs modestly beneath her. "I'm afraid I don't know what is wrong with me," she sighed softly. "Only that there is... and I do not know the cause. Or rather, a part of me does not want to admit to what it is."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread