watch the wild horses
3+

Being with the horses was a pastime that he enjoyed immensely, the great beasts had a calming and soothing air about them even in the cramped and confined conditions of the caves. It made him feel claustrophobic and anxious to be inside of the caves and he was glad he didn't have to stay within them for long anymore. He muttered to himself in Spanish as he worked, handing out each horse it's allotted amount of feed. Some of the horses nickered and thanked him as he provided them with food, others jealously gurded theirs as though he would steal it back again but for the Spaniard ever reaction was normal.

An ear twisted as the sound of claw on rock reached him and Io's scent drifted towards him just seconds before she and her damn cat appeared in the doorway. He nodded at Io's words ignoring the feline's jab all together,

"I shall relocate Neo as soon as I am done with my work." He said plainly as he shovelled feed into the last horses box. He put the bucket away and Neo nickered at him curiously for the reason no food had been delivered to him as well. He brushed a comforting hand upon the stallion's nose and turned to face Io,

"I will fix when I get chance. And if I cannot fix then I will build you another, better table." He moved to gather up his work belt and retie it around his waist,

"I am going to the stables now. I have to retrieve the chickens I acquired yesterday. You are welcome to join me if you wish." He waited for her decision, it would be better if she left then he could focus but he wouldn't begrudge her the company she wanted if she indeed did want it.

Messages In This Thread