watch the wild horses
[html]

Word Count → 300 :: trolololo

Io had left the hotel about midday and now it was getting on for oneish. She hadn't rushed herself, not in her condition. The russet and white girl had been walking twenty minutes
, at a slow, casual pace, when Andrej had found her. Scolding her for being out alone, he acompanied her on her walk. She knew Leon was in the caves, tending to the horses, so she supposed she go and see how he was doing. Not that she cared exactly for his work specifically, but now that they'd gotten to know each other, by force more than anything else, she had found herself caring for him more than she thought she would.

The caves were warm, much warmer than outside when the caves were tight enough and set deep into the rock. Of course Io knew the way to the horse caves like the back of her paw and with impressive speed she, and the blue cat beside her, found themselves approaching the cavern they sought. Leon was feeding the horses and over the far side Io noted that Neo stood waiting for his share. 'Do not feed Neo yet, I need to move him', some how, Io thought, 'To the hotel. It slipped my mind before hand' she noted, waddling forward, to Leon's side, Andrej following. 'Now' he started, his tone patronising, 'I ahlways thought Leon was charged with that task' He trailed off as he sat down, lifting his paw and pressing out his claws to inspect them. His voice had been thickly accent with not only his nationality, but with the amusement of irritating Leon. A smile appeared on his maw. Io couldn't help but grin alongside him, though she didn't particuarly endorse his bad ways. Andrej was playing with fire, after what Leon had one to her, Io understood that it would take a single strike to silence the feline. Of course she'd prevent it if she could. Which reminded her, 'You still have to fix the table you broke' she noted, bringing back darker times.

<style>
.io-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rn05r.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:75px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; border-top:1px dotted #000000; }
.io-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.io-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.io-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.io-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.io-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.io-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
3+

Being with the horses was a pastime that he enjoyed immensely, the great beasts had a calming and soothing air about them even in the cramped and confined conditions of the caves. It made him feel claustrophobic and anxious to be inside of the caves and he was glad he didn't have to stay within them for long anymore. He muttered to himself in Spanish as he worked, handing out each horse it's allotted amount of feed. Some of the horses nickered and thanked him as he provided them with food, others jealously gurded theirs as though he would steal it back again but for the Spaniard ever reaction was normal.

An ear twisted as the sound of claw on rock reached him and Io's scent drifted towards him just seconds before she and her damn cat appeared in the doorway. He nodded at Io's words ignoring the feline's jab all together,

"I shall relocate Neo as soon as I am done with my work." He said plainly as he shovelled feed into the last horses box. He put the bucket away and Neo nickered at him curiously for the reason no food had been delivered to him as well. He brushed a comforting hand upon the stallion's nose and turned to face Io,

"I will fix when I get chance. And if I cannot fix then I will build you another, better table." He moved to gather up his work belt and retie it around his waist,

"I am going to the stables now. I have to retrieve the chickens I acquired yesterday. You are welcome to join me if you wish." He waited for her decision, it would be better if she left then he could focus but he wouldn't begrudge her the company she wanted if she indeed did want it.
[html]

OOC:: Blahblahblah

His excuse was poor, but still his offer was generous. Io shrugged, 'It has been two months' she noted calmly, meaning little in the way of malice. He spoke again, inviting her to acompany him. She frowned, she knew that tone, she used that tone. One that told her he wished to be alone and that his offer was half hearted. But Io had left the house for one thing, company and she wasn't about to just leave.

Io stood up, her tail hanging limply behind her. 'I accepted your invitation' she said, softly, after all he had offered. 'And I assume it extends to Andrej' she added, pronouncing his name with ease. The cat scoffed,'Ere now, I ahm eh cat, I wander wherever iye wish' he paused, jumping down and striding out of the caves with a gentle brush against Io's legs, 'Iye need no dogh's permission'.

Following Andrej, Io departed from the room with a flick of her white tipped tail. He had larger strides than her, and was faster than her therefore he'd catch her up even with a headstart in her favour.

<style>
.ioforest3 .ooc {font-style:italic; color: #ffffff;} .free-a23 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; font-style: captial;}
.ioforest3 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ioforest3 b {color:#52B5F4; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ioforest3 {font-family: andalus, serif; font-size:15px; color: #ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:473px;}
.ioforest3 .inner{background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... TR1856.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:473px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
3+

He grunted by way of response, this was the first time she had mentioned the table he had split in his anger and he would make sure that she did not have to ask him again to fix it. His mental list of things to do was edited and the table added in for tomorrow. He would get on it as soon as he had finished extending the lounge room which was still open to the elements, it needed a roof and then it was complete. The man flexed his arms and dusted them off, specs of hay and dirt falling from them. At her question about the cat he shrugged,

"The cat can come eef he wants, makes no difference to me." The cat annoyed him but other than that he did not really care whatever the blue fur ball did. Although sometimes he did wish he could kick it but the trouble he would receive from Io for it would not be worth the momentary satisfaction. The two departed from the cave and the Spaniard took a deep breath and blew it back out before following the two outside. He quickly caught up to them and walked in relative silence with Io until they reached the half built stables and barn area. There, sequestered in cages were six chickens; two cocks and four hens.

They clucked apprehensively as the two canines and feline appeared into their view. Earlier in the day Leon had added an extra bit onto the chicken pen so that the two flocks could live side by side. He didn't trust the cocks not to start fighting with each other over the hens. The chickens squawked unhappily as he began to pull them from thier cages and place them into the wired area he had built.
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: Out of character text here.

'He has a name, you know' Io commented softly, moving alongside Leon. 'I know you dislike him' she added, her eyes caressing the view before her, Andrej moving wuickly before them, his dark coat blending in like a rock into the grass. 'But can you at least not act so... obvious. If he can see you are getting pissed at him, he'll react'. She shrugged as she walked, it was pretty obvious. And whats more he added that it made no difference to him whether or not Andrej was present, though Io wasn't stupid and she knew it did.

As they approached the stables, Andrej leapt up upon the fencing, surrounding the poulty. Io surveyed the two roosters before her, frowning softly, 'Back home we used to make roosters fight'. Heavy bets were placed upon the fight and the winner had his pick of the hens and bred many strong chicks. Only the males fought, female were kept for breeding and food. 'My father had one. A good fighter'. Not the best, but still they had Rosa to provide status and luxury.

<style>
.free-a23 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.free-a23 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a23 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a23 b {color:#cbc6c1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a23 {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#767172; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:473px;}
.free-a23 .inner{background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a23.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:473px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
3+

Her words rankled him slightly, he didn't give a rat's ass about what the cat thought of him but remained silent with a dark and brooding look upon his face. Concerns for his daughter occupying his mind for the time being, he wondered after her and how she was coping in Anathema. He felt sadness wash over him as blackness filled his heart at the rift that had developed between them. They had once been so close like two birds of a feather. And now? They floated apart, separated by an uncrossable chasm. It was enough to turn his stomach and the man expected grey hair to begin appearing any time soon.

He exhaled softly and turned to the collieish woman, the spark of sadness reflecting in his white eyes and bowed comically for her amusement,

"As you wish, Mademoiselle." The grin that accompanied it didn't quite reach his voice or the rest of his expression. A true fact for concern if his more depressed feelings couldn't be covered up completely, usually the man was a master of self control and expressions. The cocks struggled as he picked them up last by their legs. They couldn't do as much damage when held upside down although they kicked up a mighty fuss.

"These are not for fighting. They are for breeding and then eventually eating or trading." He didn't agree with the sport of fighting animals, he thought it was cruel and unnecessary but didn't say anything more on the subject just shrugged his shoulders and closed the chicken wire door to their cage. The current Anathema flock consisted of a single rooster and hen along with their twenty or so chicks. The resident cock and the two new ones sized each other up at either side of the bars. Thier feather fluffing up.
[html]
gah short ;-;

Io frowned, 'Cockrals do not taste that nice' she noted stoicly. She would know, she cooked often enough and one time she had been tasked with roasting the loosing cockral. It was infamous around the pack from then on, not by her fault though. It had been laid on the consience of the then social leader. 'You would be best too just let them breed'. Io frowned, 'You should also find out which ones are the strongest, which is why we fought them. Breed the strongest cockrals with the best hens and you are gold'. Her words were burdened with wisdom, she knew what she was talking about. And though she was risking being told not to interfer with Leon's work, she was happy to inject what she knew.

Andrej hummed from atop one of the posts. 'Ah disagree' he said, almost purring. 'Ah would be 'appy to eat the cockrals'. He smiled at Leon deviously, attempting, as always, to irritate him. Io smacked the post gently, causing it to rock.

<style type="text/css">
.roset2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.roset2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.roset2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#24222B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/08VaN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6A5F86; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A195B0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
3+

Her advice, while unwanted did contain some pearls of wisdom but they were misplaces for he was not looking to breed the strongest animals merely to keep a few different lines within the flocks. They were to be used for feathers and food and eggs anyway so it wasn't like he was trying to breed them for show. His appetence to get the stables and barns up and running was beginning to consume him as well as his efforts to get the house put together.He was hopeful of being able to get it finished before the pups arrived in a few weeks time. He knew eventually Io would bore of watching him work and take her cat and retire to her cave to cook or talk with Analise so he did not mind her company for now. He would get more done if she were not here but their was no extreme pressing need to get everything done straight away.

"No eating them Andrej. We need every one of them." He turned his white gaze to Io, "I may have to travel to find more livestock as well which would require my absence for a day or so but I will tell you when that is to be. Not before the children are born I think." He pulled out a hammer and a few nails from his belt, shuffling onto the next in his mental list which was to reinforce the skeletal structure of the stables and the paddocks. So the man began to hammer nails into the wood with certainty, the tool never missing and always striking with almost perfect accuracy. The Austral male had been doing things like this for as long as he could remember, he hardly needed to see where he was swinging the hammer.
[html]

occgoodnessss

Andrej did a sort of shrug, 'Ehy did not say ihndefinetly wether or not ehy would be eating the poultry...' he grinned spitefully, determined to make a fool out of Leon. 'An' ehy thought a smart man such as yowaself would figure such a thing out...' He purred again under Io's delicate touch. As a cat his weakness was affection, the feeling of a hand across one's back. This was a light sign that she wanted him to shut up, he knew this, she knew this. But it wouldn't stop him. He was too devious.

Io sniggered, 'You think. I know' Or else. It was of dire importance that he got the house finished in time. 'And in leiu of that should you not be working on the house now?' she question sharply, 'Or does your illegitimate family take a backseat when your job in concerned?' Andrej smirked from beside Io, enjoying watching him being shamed by a woman. He still had so much to pay her back for, she'd never let him forget that until she judged that he'd repaid enough. She never be outright nasty to him, mainly because Aeron would catch onto it and the because she'd never that cruel.

<style type="text/css">
.IoBerlinfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f3f3f3; }
.IoBerlinfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f3f3f3; padding: 135px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #494949; margin:0 auto;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
3+

With his back to the pair of them, neither of them could see the rolling of his white eyes or his tightened grip upon his hammer. He knew what they were trying to do to him, both of them would poke and prod at wounds that were not yet healed. The damned cat talking of things he knew nothing about and Io encouraging him to get on his case, to ruffle fur where it should be left alone. But that man would not give them the pleasure of seeing him unravel and the threads of his sanity loosen. So he stayed relaxed, thinking of the time when his children would be born and he could hold them in his arms, spend time with them away from Io and Aeron and their feline pets.

The cat got no response from him other than a non committed grunt that could have meant anything and be aimed at anyone. The last nial was pounded into place on the part of the structure he was working on and he twisted around to reach the other side, now the fair of them could see his front side as he worked with him hammer, nailed clenched in his right hand for ease of use. Her words received a raised eyebrow from him but nothing more however apart from his words,

"But of course madame."[color] He barely resisted sneering in a mocking and sarcastic tone at her, his usual voice projecting out at her even as his eyes focused on his work. [color=blue]"Ah have worked on the hotel before coming here and I will work on it after finishing here as well." He no longer bothered to ask if she was happy with his answer, it was always no so he would rather not bring more nagging onto himself. Sometimes he wished he had declined their offer like he was going to originally and had stayed in AniWaya after retrieving his daughter. Momentary weakness on his part, maybe he would return there one day when his children were grown up and able to come see him although no doubt their mothers would fill them with poison against him.
[html]

occgoodnessss

While she wasn't overly satisfied with his reply, she nodded along all the same. 'Andrej, why not go inside for a moment, I need to speak with Leon'. The cat rose, stretching elegantly, before leaping down from the post and scampering off, his body soon blending in with the scenery. Although Io wasn't sure if he had truly gone, it didn't matter, as he knew the details anyway. But even so she assumed that Leon would be happier without him. Closing her eyes, she began to speak. 'I am going to see Shurui' she opened her eyes, watching closly for any change in Leon's behaviour.

'I am not going to mention you, I jsut think he should know that...' she had no reason to continue, both she and Leon knew the chance of Shurui's pups still living. It was cruel to spring this upon him, and perhaps she was being cruel by torturing him along side Andrej, but she needed something to entertain her, just for a while. 'I am sorry for just spring this on you...' she said quietly, her head low and her eyes flicking nervously from the ground to Leon. Whatever Leon said wouldn't change her mind, and honestly she knew no right why he would want to argue with her, she was nothing to do with him as far as a relationship was concerned.

<style type="text/css">
.IoBerlinfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f3f3f3; }
.IoBerlinfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f3f3f3; padding: 135px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #494949; margin:0 auto;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
3+

The man continued to pound nails into place, his great strength making it easy work for him, at this rate he would have the stables and fencing and paddocks built by the end of the next two full moons if that. Already there was shape to the framework, designs and drawings were everywhere, held in place by rocks or stuffed into crevasses. The Austral male was proud of the work he had completed in the short time he had been here, even if he left soon after its completion Anathema would always have something to remember him by.

He had an inkling something was going to go wrong when she ordered the feline to depart their company, it was mixed feelings and the blue fur ball sauntered off out of sensory range, on one hand he was glad the thing was gone but on the other why would Io send him away if she wasn't about to say something bad. He even paused in his hammering awaiting her words. The handle of the hammer was crushed as his paw clenched shut tightly around it. Anger spiked through him and more grinding noises came from his paw along with a stream of blood as splinters dug deep into his flesh.

He opened his hand and a slurry of wood and blood dribbled from it along with now useless remains of the hammer. His jaw was clenched tightly and a vein puled threateningly in his temple. He didn't say anything however just stared at her as blood dripped from his paw blanketing the dead grass at their feet with a carpet of crimson. He kept his mouth forcefully closed for a very good reason, if he spoke then he would start shouting and if he shouted then things would get broken besides his destroyed hammer and he couldn't promise things wouldn't get thrown at her as well.
[html]

OOC

She frowned as Leon's strength pulverised the hammer. She opened her mouth to say something, but reconsidered her words with a deep sigh. Why did he have to make this so hard? She closed her eyes, almost willing to walk away and leave this whole thing unsorted, though being mature and slightly obsessive compulsive, she stuck around. 'They are my children...' she noted simply,her words showing no malice. This was true, but he could easily come back with a sharp comment that they were his too. Io knew that they were more hers than anyone elses.

'You cannot stop me from going...' she warned, 'He needs to know. He needs to know if...' She cut her words off, unable to finish. There was no real point in finishing either. Leon knew what she was going to say. 'I can jsut go now if you like' she offered plainly, she didn't care any more. A short russling came from the bush, Andrej presumably, but she paid little attention. It didn't matter if he knew, she shared most of her secrets with him anyway. She closed her eyes, leaning against the wood as she waited for Leon to say something. 'Are you just going to give me the silent treatment?' she question, her words a little sharper than she had meant.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
He may as well been carved of stone and steel, his white eyes hardened into sharp diamonds of fury. She spewed reasons at him but they were all excuses. The Austral male crossed his arms over his chest, regardless of the blood still pouring from his hand. Good. Let it bleed, maybe then she would feel guilty. He knew she wouldn't but he could delude himself for a while couldn't he. His voice was tight and low, barely above being growled,

"Do what you want. After all they are your children." That had hurt, they were of his blood too but he didn't let the lady in red see that she had gotten to him. The man pulled himself up tall no longer bothered by their height difference, he wanted to shout and scream at her like she deserved. He was sick of her constantly reminding him of his one mistake, he had done what he could to make up for it but it was never good enough for her, nothing ever was.

He was weary of this discussion, wary of her face and her voice. He turned away from her and brushed the remains of his tool handle from his hand. He needed to go see somebody about this, his work would have to wait now, once again something that was her fault,

"Leave me alone Io." With that final sentence he walked away from her and left her standing in the shell of the soon to be stables.
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

She wanted to lash out. She wanted to shout, to fight, to mark his flesh. To ask him, to tell him how dare he, how he had the sheer audacity to speak to her like that. Anger and disgust rippled through her skin, she felt her muzzle tighten, lips raising into a ferocious hiss, ready to raise into a threatening growl. But no, Io had to keep her dignity. After everything he had done to her, how could he do this. Worst of all he wasn't even trying to stop her. 'Yes they are' she agreed spitefully, nodding with wild eyes. She wasn't bother by his height and strength, she had brains and what's more he wouldn't hurt her when she was like this. He risked killing his children if her did, so Io had no problem with provoking him, he couldn't, wouldn't do anything.

Io let out a deep sigh. She didn't care any more. Gritting her teeth she uttered a simply, rather vicious, 'Fine' before wander off her body low to the ground in anger and frustration. She could easily tell Aeron what happened. But then he'd get kicked out of the house and would probably never see his children and she didnt see the point in that. Io shook her head and returned home.

Image courtesy of Dyrk.Wyst@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_io1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_io1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_io1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#61443c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_io1 {background-color:#bcac92; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #807159; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4656/ioberlin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:55px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_io1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]