down and dirty
[html]
Zana had grown to believe that all the world viewed her as strongly as she viewed herself. She had to prove to the world that she was something more than her size. Small lilac eyes watched as Helotes pulled the pike away and firmly drove it deep into the ground. She smiled slightly but didn't say anything, knowing that it wouldn't have been so easy for her but grateful that her friend was here to help her right the wrong done to their borders.

She gave him a half smile as he asked if she was the new maid of the lands, a slight shrug followed as she explained. "It seems the wolves about here just have no respect for our borders anymore..." She had chased a young male off not long ago and it seemed every stranger she'd met near the borders had been studying their markers when she'd found them. "Besides.. it's my duty." She didn't mind the work, it did give her something to do too.

She watched as the work that had taken her so long took him mere minutes as she smiled. When he lifted the halves of the skull to his face she frowned slightly, she had never wondered where the skulls had come from but now she did. Moving over to join him she examined a few scattered bones as she asked absently. "I wonder if I'm related to any of them..." It was no secret that she was of mixed blood, and even some knew her family that wasn't attached to the clan. She found it interesting to seek them out but non had convinced her their packs were any better than the clan and her loyalty was to Ezekiel, Helotes and those who didn't treat her like she was a weakness in the lands.[/html]

Messages In This Thread