never cheat your master
[html]

Follow him? Perhaps when she had left, she had intended this. Perhaps she would have if he had asked her. Yet now she felt nothing for him, only lingering regret and a twinge of disappointment. He had been a mistake, but one that had given her a daughter. Siv wouldn’t admit to such a thing now. She smiled, a half-hearted thing, and spoke with tact. “I left because I chose too,” was all she offered.

She listened to his story, and a flicker of displeasure crossed her face at the mention of the other women. Jealousy lingered in her yet, though it was an amorphous idea. Reykr was not a man she was jealous of, but perhaps the idea of him still held sway. He looked so different to her now. “Something called me here. All-Father may have felt need for my work in these lands.” She did not come for him, and she did not come for their war-gods—but she could lie. Oh yes, she could lie. Purple eyes shifted to the elk as she considered how to word her speech. “Have you seen any other stags near here?”

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b { font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread