Alligators in Canada
- I think it would be veeeery difficult for an adult alligator to travel such distance without assistance. D: I think it would be most plausible for your character to have obtained a young/baby alligator and carried it north. Alligators do walk on land, but it becomes difficult for them to move on land the bigger they are (source.) Crocs are also more suited to land travel than alligators, I believe. x:

- Alligators DO speak high speech, yes, as they are a major predator, but the differences between mammalian high speech and reptilian high speech is like the difference between English with the accent you're used to, and broken English with an extremely heavy accent from halfway around the world. While you may understand one word in five, communication will be veeeery difficult.

- Additionally, I think, if you do decide to go forward with this, it would be best to craft an amiable friendship between the two animals rather than like, treating the alligator as a pet. I ran into the same issue with Eris's cougar -- a smart animal that is capable of physically challenging a Luperci is not going to take kindly to being treated like a pet. They should look upon each other as friends and equals rather than the gator being subservient to your character.

- The wintering information you've given there is plausible, I think? There are hotspots (Inferni's hot springs, for one).

All of the above said, I think it would be easier and more plausible to go with a smaller lizard -- e.g., there are some decently-sized lizards in the southern U.S. and Mexico -- or the raccoon idea. c: <3 Hope that helps!

Messages In This Thread