Alligators in Canada
You still have spoken nothing on the girth of the alligator and the space it will take up on the ship. This is a major factor. If you are on a merchant ship it is already loaded with cargo. The alligator is unable to stand on two legs and therefore will take up more room than luperci will. this seems to be something that you are refusing to think about. And I know I said they are intelligent but they are also predators, it must kill to eat. A bear is intelligent as well but it is still likely to kill luperci for food. If you stick opposing predators together they aren't likely to get along. So what does stop the alligator from killing those it isn't on friendly terms with just so it can have food in its belly? You do what you have to in order to survive. And like you said, what is to stop others from trying to kill the alligator in turn? Certainly there will be some to think the skin would fetch them something in return. Also alligators are solitary creatures so have you even factored in how it will feel about being surrounded by other predators? Alligators aren't social so how will it deal in a confined space and forced to be around others rather than being able to retreat by itself and be alone? And I knew that alligators were long living so age was never a factor, it has always been size because they easily grow to be ten feet long. And there is no stop between Barbados and Freetown is you care to study the map again. It is straight from Barbados up to Freetown so you aren't stopping anywhere else to pick up supplies but just have to go with whatever is first packed on the ship, which would inevitably have to be less stuff since you have an adult alligator on board taking up the space. And then you of course have o take into account the size of the caves and tunnels themselves and if they will afford to let the gator through. because just like the ship that gator is taking up space that normally could have been used for other things since I doubt the alligator will be pleased with being stepped on. I think you are failing to remember that this is a big ass animal that you are trying to move and it can't just be picked up and carried around.

Messages In This Thread