Thick as Thieves
[html]
OOC !

This girl really was a complete amateur. You don't want a reputation. People with reputations have a lot harder time. Deirdre was a loner, so she didn't need to worry about her actions affecting her pack like Terra did. She still wouldn't recommend giving out her real name so easily though. After a few hits word got around that there was a thief on the loose, and that made trust get lost really easily. Combine that with a name matching the known thief, and you'd get driven out before long at all.

Terra didn't actually care how helpless or helpful the thief before her was. She'd simply seen an opportunity for a game and had seized it. Terra recognized that life as a longer was hard, and that meant it was unlikely that Deirdre would turn down her invitation. Carelessly Terra spun her own dagger around, mindlessly practicing the switch between hidden and revealed. She had practiced it far more than anything else, having liked the idea of trickery in a fight.

The question isn't whether you're helpless, it's if you've fallen so low you need to steal. Sure, I have no problems taking things that attract my attention for the fun of it, but that's practice so I can when I need to. Do you need to? A line of challenge was in Terra's voice now. She took her choice in career very seriously, and had no problems putting Deirdre at an inconvenience so the girl would learn her lesson and stay out. There's a small camp nearby. Guess a loner set up. Should be easy enough to raid if one of us acts as a distraction.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread