Thick as Thieves
[html]
OOC Dec 12

It was about time that Terra practiced with her dagger. It had been long enough since she'd stolen it that Terra was sure no one would come chasing after her. Stepping outside of the pack she walked along the beach. The water still moved, as if the snow around them was a myth. It was strange, seeing the water not frozen. The water always froze where she came from. They'd had to crack the ice or wait for warm days to drink the water. Otherwise they ate the snow.

Leaning back Terra stood, balancing in her optime position. Swiftly she began her dance. It was clumsy, with a lot of openings in it. Still she practiced, her dagger flicking in and out. Terra did the hidden position Dresden had demonstrated to her many times, working on the speed and efficiency. Her slashes were precise, though there were no defenses. This was what she knew though, and with no one to teach her better Terra could only practice and hope for improvement.

Time passed. Bored with the practice Terra set the dagger aside. She eyed the water, wondering if it was too cold to enter. Deciding against it Terra leaned back and close her eyes. Just for a little while she would rest. Everything would sort itself out eventually. She would just wait for that to happen.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile / WC: 405

She had parted from her daily routine of exploring the Sugarwoods, and now the she wolf found herself wondering close to a large body of water. It was rare for her to leave the denseness of the forest, but today some how was different. She strolled idle close to the water as a hawk soared high above her head. The she wolf gazed up, smiled warmly at the bird and then returned her gaze to the path before her. She walked for a while; bow strapped to her back, and blade hilted against her hip the lone young Luperci moved forward until boredom and lack of action occurred. The she wolf sighed as she halted and hoisted the bow from her back to place it gently upon the ground. She knelt down and fiddled with the said object until a high pitch squawk caressed the sky and caused her ears to twitch and perk in awareness.

Grey orbs shot up to the sky where the red-tailed hawk soared and circled, and then flew swiftly back to where the young Luperci was hidden behind some high rocks. The hawk landed and perched itself before her. The wolf woman tilted her head at the creature and in response the bird lifted its feathers, squawked, and then flapped its wings heavily before bobbing its head toward a certain direction. The she wolf slowly made her way around the rock, peeked over its side, and glimpsed another resting before the water. The she wolf studied the other until her gaze settled upon a shiny blade. Uncontrolled by the wolf, her tail began to thump at the ground in excitement toward the sight of the dagger.

Quickly the wolf turned her wild gaze toward the bird, lifted a clawed finger up to her muzzle and hushed the bird. With a swift hand motion she asked the winged one to stay put, watch over her gear and wait for her return. With that told the she wolf slowly began to creep toward her target, a female Luperci.

Deirdre was new to theft, but as she had been successful so far in it, the young Luperci assumed that the goal she had set her gaze upon would be up for easy grabs. So as she crept closer to the other female her left hand slowly reached out in front of her in hopes to grab the dagger her gaze was set upon.

<style type="text/css">
.Deirdretable-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Deirdretable-01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#333333; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Deirdretable-01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:10px;}
.Deirdretable-01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... h5-1-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFCC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra's ears twitched as she heard someone approach. They were being quiet, so Terra assumed they didn't want to disturb her. Whoever it was was growing closer though. Sitting up Terra glanced to the side, spotting a female wolf grabbing for her dagger. Oh no you don't! Terra snarled as she snatched the dagger out of reach. For a moment she sat there, fur puffed up in a show of dominance. That was her precious dagger. She'd worked hard to steal it. There was no way Terra was letting some girl fresh on her feet take it from her.

The next minute Terra relaxed, laughing. She'd almost been a victim of a fellow thief. Amused by the idea she looked down at the female. The wolf was older than her, but that didn't matter much considering how Terra had the advantage. She was smaller, faster, and more skilled than this wolf. If it came to a contest Terra had no doubt she would win. Swiftly she removed the belt from around the wolf's waist, barely ruffling her fur. If you want to be a thief, you'll need to do much better than that. Smiling she held the belt out for the strange wolf to take. What's your name?

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 284

She had been caught, the dagger at her sights quickly taken from her reach. She fell forward her balance shifted and caused her to tumble forward from the surprise of getting caught. She had thought she had the thieving down, but as it had seemed the young Luperci had still much to learn and practice. Her gaze lingered a head of her as she studied her fingers that lay empty before her, her gaze slowly lifted to the other female and in wonder glimpsed upon the other’s form.

“Hey!” She growled as she noticed her hide belt and knife dangling from the other’s fingers. She continued to growl softly as she picked herself up and stood before the other female. This other was fast, talented, and much more experienced in the way of thieving then she was. The she wolf was new to it, and most of her success was pure luck, now it had seemed that her luck had failed her.

She looked upon the other, heard her laugh, and then tilted her head. “Deirdre,” she offered the fellow thief, “Now give me back my knife or else.” She warned, she may not have been a good thief but she wouldn’t hesitate to kill if it need be. She was a fighter, and though the young creature before her was most likely much more agile then she, the wolf had no doubt in her mind that if it came to a fight she would devour the small female. There was no need for bloodshed however, and thus the she wolf was going to play it nice. So she lifted her hand out to accept the blade back, "Please." She spoke, "return the knife."

<style type="text/css">
.Deirdretable-01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#333333; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Deirdretable-01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... h5-1-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFCC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra held the belt out to be grabbed before deliberately dropping it just out of reach. Deirdre, hm? And a loner as well. Terra leaned in, picking up the different scents from the girl's body. There was markings on this girl, ones that appeared rather deliberate. Why would anyone scar themselves? Baffled Terra pulled back. She still held an easy grin on her face though. Now that was too easy, wasn't it? Deirdre's your real name too. You really have no knowledge, do you? Terra didn't give her name out to strangers, or at least not her real one. It was too dangerous. It made her traceable. The older female acted tough, posturing for dominance. Terra simply stepped back, allowing her pose to be held even higher.

Crossing her arms she studied the wolf before her. The girl was thin, she hadn't eaten well in a while. That was to be expected, as the life of a loner was difficult. Even with help getting a kill took time. Terra was lucky she ate as often as she did, burning through the meals like there was no tomorrow with her constantly changing shapes. I suppose you need some help then. It wasn't a question. Terra knew if the girl had fallen so low to stealing, and as a noble wolf as well, she needed help. Terra scratched her ear, considering the situation.

This was fairly amusing for her, as Terra didn't usually run into other thieves. Without a pack stealing was risky, and inside a pack the need was rarely there. The exception to this was scavengers, of course, such as her birth pack. The coyotes could hunt well enough. It was just far more amusing to steal other people's kills and watch them freak out. Their numbers had been large enough to keep from being punished, though the occasional scrape and death weren't unknown. Thieves that worked on their own were more suspicious of others as well, not trusting people to not turn on them. This was a golden opportunity then. As a brand new thief Terra could take this Deirdre under her care, and there were a lot more tricks that could be pulled with two. Sorry for ruining your thieving, Deirdre. Why don't I make it up to you? A mischievous grin spread across her face, tail wagging slowly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: again sorry for the lateness. Smile / WC: 328

The she wolf took a few steps and reached to lift her blade from the ground, while she kept her gaze upon the other female. “Yes, Deirdre.” She repeated her name as she stood up and tied the hide around her waist centering the knife in its right place against her hip, “Why hide it?” She asked offering the younger female a smirk, “there’s no point.” She stated calmly and then spoke again, “I just don’t care if they know my name or not.”

Deirdre eyed the other female her ears twitched as the other sized her up, what did the other see? The wolf tilted her head, and held back a soft chuckle when the thief offered her, her help. In truth the female wolf was doing quite fine, hunting was never a problem, despite being an armature in optime form she was a master in hunting and surviving in lupus form. She was no scrawny mongrel. Though know that she thought back on it, as she remembered gazing upon her self in a reflective surface, her form did look quiet thin, but she just assumed it was her new form.

The wolf was healthy, strong; there was muscle under the thick fur that covered her body. Her tail swatted the air behind her; it was just the strangeness of the two-legged form Deirdre now wore. “Do I look helpless?” She asked not meaning to sound rude.

The she wolf then sighed and scratched the back of her neck, “It’s no big deal.” She stated calmly as her wild gray gaze stationed itself upon the young female, “I was bound to run out of luck at some point.” She offered the other an in-between of a smile and a smirk, “Thieving isn’t my greatest talent…though I do find it.” She paused, “exciting?” She then fell silent for a moment her head tilting slightly to the right, “and what do you have in mind?” The she wolf asked.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC !

This girl really was a complete amateur. You don't want a reputation. People with reputations have a lot harder time. Deirdre was a loner, so she didn't need to worry about her actions affecting her pack like Terra did. She still wouldn't recommend giving out her real name so easily though. After a few hits word got around that there was a thief on the loose, and that made trust get lost really easily. Combine that with a name matching the known thief, and you'd get driven out before long at all.

Terra didn't actually care how helpless or helpful the thief before her was. She'd simply seen an opportunity for a game and had seized it. Terra recognized that life as a longer was hard, and that meant it was unlikely that Deirdre would turn down her invitation. Carelessly Terra spun her own dagger around, mindlessly practicing the switch between hidden and revealed. She had practiced it far more than anything else, having liked the idea of trickery in a fight.

The question isn't whether you're helpless, it's if you've fallen so low you need to steal. Sure, I have no problems taking things that attract my attention for the fun of it, but that's practice so I can when I need to. Do you need to? A line of challenge was in Terra's voice now. She took her choice in career very seriously, and had no problems putting Deirdre at an inconvenience so the girl would learn her lesson and stay out. There's a small camp nearby. Guess a loner set up. Should be easy enough to raid if one of us acts as a distraction.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 261

The she wolf smiled as her hand reached up and scratched gently the Ansuz rune brand beneath her right eye, “I don’t steal for a reputation.” She answered as she took a moment to look behind her toward the path she had come from. She had to remind herself, before any action was to be taken, or whenever she was to leave the area, that she had to return to Falcrin and retrieve her bow.

It was in seconds the young Luperci found her gaze lingering upon the dance of the blade in the other’s hand as she spoke. The she wolf sighed, her ears twitched to the sound of the other’s voice. Then, in a moment the wolf snarled out an answer. “I have not fallen,” she growled as the back of her neck stood up. “I simply steal because I can and it is a talent I can find to be of some use to me in this form.” She stated as her form rose into a prideful stance, “I accept your offer and I will come with you.” Her gaze narrowed, “but we must plan, even a loner can be of some challenge to a thief, even if two are to target the one.”

Her tail swayed softly behind her as a sly smirk lifted to her muzzle, “I can act as a decoy.” She stated, “but if you have a desire to act. Then tell me what we are stealing and I shall retrieve.” She announced, “but we must have a plan before we enter into this.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

So Deirdre was even more of a fool than Terra had thought. The girl didn't steal out of necessity, or even the need to practice just in case, but because she found it amusing and believed herself to be talented. Terra snorted in derision. The wolf had as much talent for stealing as Terra did for whistling birds out of trees. She couldn't do it, wasn't likely to learn how, and was a pointless endeavor. Thinking to teach the female a lesson Terra smiled softly. I'll act as decoy. I need to practice that anyhow. No need to pass on an opportunity to improve her trickery.

The target's fairly simple. Picking up her dagger Terra trotted into the woods, expecting Deirdre to follow behind. Just a short distance in, spitting distance from the beach, was a small cave. Clothes laid around the den, clear signs of someone being here. That wasn't Terra's objective though. A beautiful medallion, with a glistening green stone hung above the den entrance. Whether it was for good luck or something else Terra didn't know, and didn't care. The big shiny necklace. That's the goal.

Having briefed her would-be partner on the goal Terra moved around to near the front. The wolf they were targeting was just a short distance away, kneeling before a kill. It looked like she'd get a snack out of this as well. Stepping into the open Terra smiled, letting the break of a branch announce her presence. The wolf looked up in surprise. Hello. Terra wouldn't be trying to charm the wolf. She wasn't good enough for that, and had no sense of how to flirt anyways. She'd just get him upset about something else instead. Cautiously the male looked around, checking to see if she was alone.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hope this is alright, if you think I should change anything just tell me. Big Grin / WC: 714

Deirdre did not believe herself to be talented in the art of thieving, she knew all to well that she was not the best and had simply had been running on luck, but thieving was a talent she wished to learn and span upon, thus when Terra chose the acting part of their goal Deirdre smiled softly to herself as she begun to follow the young female. As the she wolf followed and listened, she begun to know that she was too inexperienced and clumsy within her Luperci form. So she came to a decision as she stopped behind Terra and turned her gaze upon the shiny amulet that hung above the den’s entrance.

To achieve the completion of the theft Deirdre would attempt it within her Lupus form. She was comfortable and more at ease within the natural form that she was born in, not only that but as a lupus she was more agile, more flexible, and was a lot faster then she was in Luperci.

She would approach the target as if she would a hunt.

When Terra began to move away, Deirdre slipped to the right and slowly moved and crept away from where Terra had entered to speak to the male wolf. Deirdre was no fool, she knew not to get caught and she knew how to approach the situation. She could be stealthy, could by fast and agile but she could not be those while on two legs, which was still new and strange to her. At a good distance away from where Terra and the male had begun to commune Deirdre knelt close to the ground and closed her eyes willing the change to come upon her. She could not remember how long it took, but she knew it had to be a minute or two, long enough to seem as if there would be no sign from the female wolf.

Once she was in lupus form, the wolf, now four legged, begun to creep slowly toward her prey. She crept; her body close to the ground, her gaze every three seconds or more would glance toward Terra and the brute but her gaze was on the prize. The wolf snuck within the camp of the male wolf, her body flexed and readied itself for a quickly dart forward. She studied her surroundings a head of her and saw that, the den was a cave, its face edged and dented, made to be climbed. The wolf smirked as she watched her footing and made her approach toward the den.

She came and crouched at the side of the cave, her body pressed up against the rigged edges of the den’s walls. Her pupils lifted to gaze up at the amulet hanging above her. She noticed the amulet’s chain and smirked when she saw that it could easily be lifted from where it hung. The wolf turned her gaze toward Terra and watched for a moment for any sudden movements or glances that would have announced that the mission was a failure. She saw nothing from the two others that said her presence was given, and smirked, as she knew she was still in the clear. She then, carefully, begun to climb the side of the cave her paws with ease effortlessly found holes and crooks to support her weight and lift her toward the amulet that hung from her.

The wolf was an expert at climbing trees, and climbing cave walls or mounds-there was no difference, all one had to do was watch their foot falls. She made it to the top of the cave, her body lowered to press close to the surface as she crawled slowly and carefully toward the pendent.

The pendent was at a distance, a foot below her. Her body crawled toward it till she could no longer approach unless she wished to fall off the edge and into the cave. The wolf then lowered her head and stretched her neck to reach the pendent, her tongue slipped along the ridge of the pendant’s chain as she slid her body a little closer to the edge. Her neck stretched, her maw reached, and her fangs clutched around the pendant’s chain. She begun to lift and maneuver the amulet off from its hook.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra snatched part of the kill as the male looked around, gaining a small snack. Her eyes practically bugged out of her head though as she saw a very unnatural thing. Granted, she'd seen things much stranger, but this definitely ranked up there. In lupus form Deirdre was crawling in a tree. That had to be difficult. A part of her almost wanted to applaud the foolish girl for her actions, but it just showed Terra that the girl couldn't think of a more efficient way to get the necklace. Besides, she still wanted to scare the girl off from thieving.

The wolf was staring at her rather suspiciously, probably figuring that she was the one to make that choice slice of meat disappear. Instead of keeping his attention on her though, Terra promptly betrayed her partner. That's really weird! She pointed over to Deirdre, drawing the male's attention completely over. His eyes widened before he dashed over. Hey! I need that! Not waiting to watch the confrontation Terra grabbed the kill and silently slipped back into the bushes. Maybe she'd get the necklace another time. For now though, she had a meal and had hopefully taught Deirdre a lesson.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 509

She hand the chain of the amulet tucked nicely between her maw, her tongue wrapped around it as her teeth tugged softly upon the thin chain as she pulled it over its hook and pulled it away from where it had once hung. The wolf lifted her head and slowly pulled back and away from where the amulet had hung, but before she could begin to climb down the tree that had nicely grown beside the cave, her ears twitched and her gray gaze suddenly spun to see the thief she had willingly accept to work with point toward her and speak out toward the strangeness of her current predicament.

The she wolf growled and the amulet swayed within the vibration of her snarl as she glared in the direction of the fleeing thief. The owner of the amulet came running up and beneath the branch the wolf had been effortless standing on. She turned her gaze down at the male wolf and listened to him as he spoke out against her theft of his belonging. The she wolf smirked and with a flick of her head threw the amulet back toward its owner. She then snapped quickly, “If I was you.” She began as she turned a cold gaze upon the brute, “I would not leave your precious belongings out in the open where thieves can easily obtain them.” She then lowered her head beneath her shoulders her fangs bared as she snarled out her next words, “I would keep that amulet of yours as close to you or as well hidden as you can get it, cause next time the one who may come after it, won’t be so willing to give it back as I am.” She told the male as she quickly spun upon her heels and swiftly leaped from branch to branch as she traveled back down to the ground.

Once her feet touched the earth’s soil she dashed off, not allowing the male Luperci the time to catch up with her, and swiftly made her path for the smell of the thief that had betrayed her. If her nose and eyes had been right, the thief had taken with her the brute’s meal, and had now, hopefully left a trail behind her, that would make it easer for the she wolf to locate the traitor. If she were wrong, well, she would back track to where Falcrin was and reclaim her gear and move on, leaving the hunt for the traitor for another time.

Deirdre was not too fund of individuals that would willingly stab others in the back, so as the she wolf chased after Terra’s trail she thought fondly on the things she may do to teach the thief a lesson for leaving her in harms way. The worst thing Deirdre could do to the other would be to start a fight. She, though in a rage, hoped that it would not come to the worst situation and Deirdre would leave it in the grace of a simple threat and warning.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Moving through the woods with the deer was difficult, even with it as small and torn apart as it was. Still, Terra squeezed through the gaps in the trees, places that she knew the larger wolf wouldn't be able to follow her through. Too slow for a quick escape Terra relied on her size instead, listening to the noises behind her. It seemed that the meeting was brief, as she heard voices and then no more. Terra hoped that she'd been beaten for trying to steal, but it seemed she wasn't that lucky. Feet could be heard behind her.

Luck was with the trickster today though, and she dragged herself through a stream. Hitting an open stretch Terra took the risk of running across, the meat dragging behind her. Her heart pounded with excitement as she glanced behind her, watching to see Deirdre following after. As fierce as she was, Terra didn't want to be caught by the warrior. The wolf might be a lousy thief, and one that shouldn't be stealing at all, but that didn't mean there weren't other strengths the wolf had that she didn't. Panting she hit more undergrowth, and squeezed into an abandoned badger hole. Maybe she could rest there for a little while, catch her breath.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 402

Deirdre followed behind the trail of the other, buzzed around trees, bounded over logs, and dashed through shrubbery. The wolf danced across the woodland, her feet moved beneath her in a graceful bound across the land. She was not willing to give up her hunt, even if the thief was far away from her or smaller in size and most likely more lithe and agile then the wolf. This did not matter to the she wolf however, her need and desire to confront the thief was more caught around her then was her desire to leave, go back to Falcrin pick up her gear and simply return to her travels and search.

Deirdre came upon a stream, her body halted before it as she moved one paw to touch the cool water that rushed beneath her form. The she wolf lowered her nose and sniffed, she could no longer smell the thief’s trail. Must have crossed, the wolf thought as she lifted her gray gaze to focus to the landmass across the water. The wolf mentally smirked, but it doesn’t mean I won’t be able to pick it up again. She told herself as she lifted her head up proudly on her shoulders and studied the land before her. She smirked calmly and then effortless trotted across the stream. She came on the other side of the stream, stopped, and then shook the water free from her coat.

She went on to follow the trail she had lost; she hoped that she would find the trail again once she got further away from the stream. It was only time, or luck, that would help the wolf once again find the thief’s trail. For now the wolf kept her nose to the wind and ground, sniffing as she glided across the land, searching for the thief that had led her astray.

“You know I’ll find you,” she began to speak, her voice rose to catch the wind that would help carry her voice. “I’m not going to hurt you, well, not much.” She smirked, “Just come out and lets talk.” She trotted forward, “I won’t hurt you if you come out, but if you make me hunt you, I can’t promise that my temper wont be in check if I find you.” She stopped for a moment lifted her nose to the sky and took in a deep breath, “Come out little thief...”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

No sound of pursuit had come for a while, despite Terra's slower movement. Satisfied that she'd lost the dirty wolf Terra began to chew on the deer she'd snatched. Quietly she enjoyed her meal, picking out the best parts and spitting the bones aside as she finished with them. Content to relax she pushed the deer out and curled up. With her tail over her nose Terra drifted into a light sleep, ears twitching as she listened to the sounds around her.

It wasn't long before she was interrupted by the sound of someone calling for her. Terra sat up, poking her head out of the den. Sniffing the air she identified it as Deirdre. The accompanying words weren't very comforting, promising pain for the small hybrid. Terra stepped out lightly, morphing into optime. She climbed the tree she'd been resting under, and worked her way through the branches to the top. The amount of weight it could support was little, just enough for her lithe body. From her view point she could see the wolf circling around, searching for her.

Stretching Terra reached the next tree, and pulled herself through. Now her scent trail was completely destroyed, it being practically impossible to trace it from tree to tree. She climbed a little further, finding a perch where she could watch Deirdre unseen. I don't think promising injury's a good way to convince a person, Deirdre. Terra's voice was mocking, high in confidence. She knew the wolf, while the wolf did not know her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 431

The wolf brought her nose to the ground; she had once again picked up the thief’s trail and had followed it around. However, it did not last long, once again the she wolf had lost her trail it had ended at a base of a tree. The wolf sighed, snorted, and then turned her gaze sky bound to study the branches above her head. The female huffed, and then began to contemplate whether to climb or not. She was an excellent climber in lupus form, she had trained herself since she was a pup, climbing logs and small little stumps were only the beginning for the she wolf and her ability to climb trees. However, the wolf was not up to it, her need to capture the thief had begun to dwindle. Instead she moved away from the trees and sat.

In moments she heard the thief’s voice, the she wolf laughed. “I do not intend to harm you,” She stated as she lifted her gaze to the trees above her, “I only wish to speak, I simply warned you that if you did not come out and I caught you…well.” The wolf smirked slyly, “Lets just say I bite more then I do bark.”

She then sighed, “Am I to assume that we have gotten off on the wrong foot?” She asked as she took her piercing gray eyes to gaze about the tree limbs, her gaze then lowered again before she once more found herself speaking. “I do not take lightly being betrayed,” she stated. “Pack mates do not stab their kin in the back and leave them in harms way.” She lectured, “Here I thought we could be friends, even thieves need allies.” The wolf begun to paw behind her hear in a carefree manner, “I’m an amateur thief, one that does not take thieving seriously. I do not care to be known as a thief, it is simply a tool I wish to use to help me survive.” Her gaze lifted once more, “In this world, is it not better to have knowledge of many talents and have kin that you can trust to watch your back?” She asked.

“Maybe it’s just me?” She pondered, “wolves are pack animals, and I enjoy learning and expanding my talents.” She smiled to the surrounding area, shook her head and then lowered to the ground, her head came to be placed upon her paws as she laid motionless within the woods, her gaze every once in a while darted up to the tree branches. “Come out little thief,” she cooed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra moved again, silently climbing over to yet another tree. When she spoke, her voice came from behind the wolf. I'm not afraid of getting caught. I'm a thief, after all. Definitely an amateur, threatening a thief with what would happen if she got caught. Terra had been threatened dozens of times in such a manner, though mostly they were yelling for her to bring back what she stole and to let them punish her. They always went into such detail about the punishment as well. One wolf had been so creative Terra had spent an entire month thieving from him, just so she could listen to his threats.

Deirdre tried to explain again, pointing it out as a form of betrayal. Terra barked with laughter. We're not pack, and I don't need an ally who doesn't take such things seriously. Thieving for fun is foolish. I won't help you do that, not when my life depends on my success. Might be an amusing game for you, but there are consequences. Such as said threats, being shot at, and general sources of pain. Terra had been spotted often enough to have that drilled in her head. She was still young though, and was getting better at hiding. Being caught could be forgiven for now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 295

The she wolf’s ears were held back as she listened to the other female’s voice. Soon an unexplained annoyance rose within the pit of her stomach, and the she wolf spoke up spiting out her words like acid. “Fool,” She stated calmly with a tone of harshness. Her smoky gaze lifted up to the trees, a cold glance seeped between her lids as she studied the branches above her. She was aware that the thief was not in her sights, but the female knew the other hid amongst the branches that blocked the sky. “Do I speak to the daft?” She snarled the question as her clear gaze curved from the branches above her. She stared a head of her; her gaze lingered upon the rough barks of the trees that had surrounded her. “You do not hear my words do you?”

Her gaze was hidden behind heavy lids, her voice rose to catch upon the gentle wind that thought it the time to grace the area with its soft kiss. The she wolf spoke, her annoyance rumbled within her throat as she spoke. “I do not participate in thievery for the fun of it.” She snapped, “I do it when it is needed, a talent that I am willing to learn more about and expand,” Her gaze peeked behind heavy lids that blocked it from the world. “I do what I must to survive.” Her voice spoke out calmly as her gaze graced the sky, she then lowered her glance and her smoky orbs graced the ground beneath her paws as her voice rose once more to catch the wind that blew around her form. “I do what I must to survive…” She repeated as her tone drifted into that of an agonized melody.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra listened to her harsh words as she changed her position once more. Moving through the trees Terra climbed to a spot just above Deirdre's head, though still neatly protected from discovery. The annoyance in her voice didn't bother Terra. So many didn't care for her words, finding the cleverness and pointed manners irritating. It didn't matter whether Terra lied or not, her words always struck hard. Such was the case now, Deirdre trailing off into an agonized mutter about doing what she must to survive.

Gently Terra laughed. This wolf truly was foolish. All of us do what we must. It's how we manage to exist. You don't need to steal though, no matter what you think. You can fight, you can hunt, you can scavenge. Taking someone's trinkets won't help you. That was just practice for Terra. She stole food mostly, and not just from canines. She couldn't hunt though, so there was no other choice for her. This female did have others. If you struggle so much find a pack. No need to remain on your own. They'll give you the loyalty you crave. Terra laughed again before backing up through the branches and pulling away. She swung through the trees a fair distance before dropping down and returning to her lupine form, heading for home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: FIN? / WC: 284

The she wolf sighed; there was no point in an attempt to get the thief to understand. It had come to her mind, as the thief spoke. The creature had not listened, or had misunderstood her words. The wolf did not steal all the time, actually it was very little did her feet take her to steal, and when she stole it was only what she needed, never trinkets. The wolf rolled her eyes, “I do not steal trinkets, what need would I have for them?” She asked annoyed. Her body stood up along with her words, “Don’t be a fool little thief even you will need allies. You can not live your life alone!” She barked as she turned her gaze to the trees. She smirked a smirk that soon transformed into a small smile, “As for a pack…” The wolf turned her gaze before her, her body moved away from where she had been sitting.

“I will not join one,” she began. “But I will create my own,” she stated as she maneuvered toward the trees, her body moved to the side of a large tree and then vanished behind it deeper into the woods. “Maybe we’ll meet again,” she murmured to herself a smirk outlined her muzzle. “Maybe…” Her words fell silent as the she wolf suddenly lifted her head to the trees above her and took in a deep breath, Maybe one day… Her mind spoke softly to her as she inhaled and then exhaled, her head lowered to gaze before her. The wolf smiled her body itched to move forward. She laughed and then dashed forward her body moved and bounded across the forest toward her next unknown destination.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]