The meaning of trade
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Amy's ears flattened momentarily as Deirdre mentioned a contract. That was just fantastic. Amy was used to dealing with those who didn't know about such things, allowing her to take advantage of them. It seemed that wouldn't be the case here though. Swiftly Amy's mask slipped back into place, polite and friendly. She didn't want to seem like she was trying to take advantage of the wolf. Amy was fair, after all. Even if her version of fair and others didn't always match up. She gave people what they wanted in exchange for what they were willing to part with. It was very good that they didn't know the worth of what she took.

Amused by Deirdre's explanation Amy's tail twitched. She already knew all this. It was the reason why she bound people to her with an oath, the reason why they couldn't escape her. The difference was that Amy usually held all the cards, and that wasn't the case in this situation. She was dealing with someone who had thought things through.

Maybe this person wasn't as experienced as she'd thought, though. Deirdre listed off what she considered 'small', a list that Amy would charge a high price for. Good herbs weren't necessarily easy to come by, and a leather satchel, while she had one, took time to procure, as well as needing the know how of making it or a contact who did. It took time and cost for these items, yet Deirdre listed them as 'small'. Snorting in derision Amy stepped forward. Small indeed. I suppose the price I ask in return, three favors done unconditionally, is rather small as well. A horse would be even higher priced, you realize. A book would be worth at least another three favors. I can procure one, if you wish. Yes, that was a higher price than what the items were worth. Amy had recognized Deirdre's ignorance though, and would use it for all she was worth.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread