The meaning of trade
[html]

OOC: Sorry for being a bit late, I didn't know where to begin. XD ...still not happy with how this came out, but what can you do? Big Grin / WC: 430

The crisp morning air of mid winter sent chills down the young Luperci’s spine. Deirdre sighed as she stretched and rested her arms and legs out before her. The she wolf arched her back and propped her body against her skull as she gazed at the world upside down. She stayed in this position for a few seconds until a soft cooing sound purred out from the trees above the young she wolf. Deirdre snorted as she quickly sat up and caused whiplash across her body as she did so. The wolf sighed and held her head as she allowed the light headiness to pass. She then spoke, her voice in a low growl.

“Really?” She questioned as her gaze lifted to the hawk amongst the trees. She narrowed her sights and then growled softly her words, “You know one day you may find your wings clipped if you don’t stop teasing me.” She told the creature as her ears had recognized the mocking tone the bird had used to address her previous stance. The wolf woman sighed and then struggled back to her feet and as she stood her gaze then fell to her belongings. What she had with her were but a few, a bow and its quiver, a knife and its sheathe that she (when in her optime form) would wear around her waist. That was all she had, she had more but those belongings were hidden in a place she would not lose them at. She had nothing to carry her belongings and thus left what she could not carry behind. Which saddened the she wolf.

“I’ll never be ably to collect herbs and search for books and other things that may come to be of some use,” She exhaled a long sigh as she lifted her right hand to scratch gently behind her ear. “You know,” her gaze lifted to the hawk that stood perched within the tree branches. “If you didn’t tear your kills to shreds I could attempt to use those furs for trade with others.”

The hawk glanced in her direction then made a small peep noise. The she wolf tilted her head, “You never know I could come across someone willing to trade with me. A good piece of fur could be turned into something you know.” She explained to the winged creature. The bird puffed his feathers out and the she wolf sighed, “You’re no help.” She complained and then murmured, “I could always pluck your feathers…” She hissed underneath her breath as she began to gather up her gear.

<style type="text/css">
.deirdre-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#891f2b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#801c22 1px 1px 3px; font-family:georgia, sand-serif;}
.deirdre-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#b27700; font-family: georgia, sans-serif;}
.deirdre-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.deirdre-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E0E0E0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7bovG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c174c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin. Original codes by Tears, Bones, and Desire. Photo credits: flickr
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

There went another potential trade pack. Amy would never have reacted so violently if the dog had just behaved. So it was the female's own fault that she'd been beaten to death. Amy was rather upset about this. The information provided about the pack had made it sound like a good place for her, yet the turn of events forced Amy to leave it behind. It seemed like it would be quite some time before it would be safe to return to Cour des Miracles. Hopefully when she did the evidence would have faded enough and the death would be put aside as an unfortunate happening. Then Amy could trade again.

Amy turned and barked at Hadley, a sharp command to come forward. Cringing he approached. She looked him over, trying to see what was in him that would make so many fight for him. The wolfdog wasn't particularly pretty. His manners weren't very good, either. Hadley was timid, but that wasn't part of his natural personality, simply a part that she'd beaten into him. Amy's mind turned back to the Hadley she'd met and taken as her slave. No, there was truly nothing about him that would cause people to rally. Yet it has happening. How peculiar.

Smelling a wolf nearby Amy turned her head. She waved her hand, dismissing the slave. Amy had no need for him at this time. Her inspection had given her no satisfactory answers, though she felt that was to be expected. The canines in this land were quite primitive, after all. There was no way an animal of civilization such as herself could comprehend their strange ways. Leading the horse she worked her way towards the scent. As she got closer Amy barked loudly, letting her presence be known.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the shortness, hopefully my next post will be longer. I'm off work for the holidays so hopefully it will give me more time to make bigger replies. Big Grin / WC: 206

There was a bark behind the young Luperci, wild gray orbs tilted to scan the area behind her. As she watched the area behind her out popped into her sights a female, by the scent of the newcomer, dog…was she a dog? The she wolf tilted her head to the sight of the female and turned completely to face the approacher.

High above amongst the tree branches a red-tailed hawk squawked and then lurched out form the branches to glide gracefully down into the presence of the land walkers. He made his perch upon his companion’s shoulder his golden eyes staring stern fully against the dog that approach them. The she wolf slowly reached a finger to slide against the soft feathers beneath the bird’s beak.

The she wolf turned her gaze once more upon the female that approached her. The wolf had not seen a dog before, she had probably come upon halflings on her travels, but never a full fledge dog. What breed the female was, was beyond he wolf’s knowledge. The she wolf took a single step forward. “No need to bark mutt,” she stated as she gazed upon the newcomer. “Who are you?” She asked carefully studying the female in her presence.

<style type="text/css">
.deirdre-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#891f2b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#801c22 1px 1px 3px; font-family:georgia, sand-serif;}
.deirdre-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#b27700; font-family: georgia, sans-serif;}
.deirdre-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E0E0E0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7bovG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c174c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin. Original codes by Tears, Bones, and Desire. Photo credits: flickr
[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Shiny new table! and you really shouldn't insult her. I suggest begging for mercy

Amy watched as the bird came and landed on the female's shoulder. It seemed that bird companions were popular around here. She made a mental note to go and pick up some birds when she purchased the cats for Leon. Admiring the plumage Amy snapped around at the wolf's words. A mutt. This wolf had just called her a mutt. Fury burned within her body. Potential customer or not, that meant war. Nobody insulted her and got away with it.

Snarling Amy drew one of her throwing knives, hurling it at the bird. She didn't need it getting in the way of her revenge. Drawing her short sword Amy charged forward, one arm braced for defense. Her footing automatically slid into position, optimal for swift movement. A warrior she was not, but a trained killer she certainly was. Amy licked her lips at the thought of this wolf's blood decorating her blade. Aiming at the thigh she slashed forwards.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Beg? NEVER Mwuahaha…. but she will apologize. Big Grin ...also sorry for the late reply, RL got chaotic. Tongue / WC: 466

The knife went flying toward them, aimed at the hawk at the wolf woman’s shoulder. On instant the two flew back, the bird lifted up into the air as a loud startled and angry squawk erupted into the surrounded area. The she wolf barked in surprise as she flung herself back and quickly lifted her gaze up to the sky to see Falcrin circling above her, safe. She returned her gaze to the female charging at her, a short blade in the other’s hand aimed at her. The blade lifted and-

There was no chance the she wolf would allow the other to graze her with any weapon. The wolf snarled as she stepped back, the sound of the blade cutting through the air swished before her as she quickly slid into a defensive stand and leaped to the side and came to crouch close to the ground. She snarled at the other female, “Hey!” She barked as she sank her nails into the cold hard earth. She narrowed her gaze, “By the gods why are you attacking me?” She asked as her mind quickly clicked and attempted to recall the event predating what was happening at that moment. The she wolf stayed in her protective stance, use to fighting in Lupus form the she wolf was at ease on all four despite being in Optime form.

“Come at me again and I wont hesitate to kill you,” she growled as she slowly lifted her upper body up from the ground, she slouched and balanced on the balls of her paws allowing herself to, at any moment if the other female attempted another attack, maneuver quickly out of danger’s way. The she wolf sighed and then spoke, “it was when I called you a mutt wasn’t it?” She asked snorting softly, “Touchy are we?” She asked, “wasn’t insulting you, if that’s what you think…”

The she wolf smirked, “Never met…a dog, is that what you are?” The wolf picked herself up a little more, “sorry about calling you a mutt, if it’ll make you feel better you can insult me.” The wolf woman stretched her clawed hands as if she was readying her nails to use as weapons. Even though her knife was attached to her hip, she would only use it as a last resort. “How about we calm down,” she began. “Start off on a better foot,” she smirked and slowly began to circle the other woman, her wolf instants kicking in.

Circle your opponent that was what one did when one found themselves in a fight; they circled, sized their foe up, and then waited to see who could last the longest before attacking. Or so that's what she did, and Deirdre was patient enough to wait and allow the dog to attack again, if the other female desired to that was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

The wolf dodged her attack, much to Amy's displeasure. Things didn't get much better as the wolf crouched down on the ground like a mere lupine instead of the fine luperci she was. Snorting at the show of incivility Amy stepped back. The wolf was utterly confused as to why she attacked. Amy listened to her ramble before she finally picked up that the wolf had never dealt with a dog before. She sheathed her sword, though she made sure to step out of range of a fight. Amy's attack had switched a light on in the warrior, making her very defensive.

You're forgiven then. So you don't make this mistake in the future, calling a dog a mutt is a grave insult. It implies one has no breeding, has no worth. Relaxed now Amy waited for the other to step down from her own defensive circling. Amy found that very pointless indeed. She was more of a person to attack without warning herself. There was no need to give the enemy the advantage by showing hostility.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry for being late, with the holidays and everything I'm going to be off and on. But don't worry I will reply as soon as I can Big Grin / WC: 240

The she wolf stood, lifted herself from the ground but kept her hands posed at her side in a way that if the other decided to attack again the young she wolf could simple take a step to the side and use her hands to deflect her would be opponent’s blade hand. The wolf sighed, she had to learn to greet strangers a little more friendly if she was to create a pack. Her wild gray gaze fell upon the other female as her lips twitched softly to form into a response suitable for the situation at hand.

Deirdre smiled and rubbed the back of her head, “Sorry, truly I am.” She told the other before she gazed up and around her, her gaze searched for the hawk that had left from her shoulder upon the dog’s attack. Deirdre sighed, Falcrin… Her mind called out as she took her gaze from the search of her feathered companion and rested it against the female dog.

“I will keep that in mind,” she stated as she took a soft step forward. “I’m Deirdre, and-” A loud screech erupted forth from the sky as a small dark cloud dropped from the clouds and came to perch upon the she wolf’s shoulder. The female smiled her hand lifted to stroke the creature’s feathers, “This is my friend Falcrin.” Her wild gaze went to greet the newcomer, “And you. What do I call you by?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The threat had passed, and neither one of the canines stood to take a step down. The tension had lessened, but it still thrummed in the air. Amy's natural tendency towards violence kept her hand a mere twitch away from her sword, willing to hurt those that insulted her. She didn't kill needlessly, but Amy wasn't above that. She just preferred letting her victims suffer alive, carrying warning of who she was and the pain of their mistake carved into their flesh. Still, this Deirdre had accepted her mistake readily enough, even if Amy hadn't carved anything on her.

The falcon returned from the skies. Surprisingly it had calmed down, removed from attack mode. Amy was unsure whether this was the result of poor training or if the bird simply wasn't used in combat. She nodded her head to their greetings, and paused. What would she like to be called by this pair? I am Amy Sunders. Amy will do, if you are open for trade.

As violent and unpredictable as Amy was, her heart was still that of a merchant. She had abandoned her empire in Europe for the simple exchange between merchant and customer, despite the availability of those to torture and the luxury around her. While Amy still loved the feel of soft furs and dressed up as if going to a big gathering, she was satisfied with the brief meetings between strangers and the gains she received from them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 267

“Amy?” Deirdre began as her ears twitched slightly to the sound of the female’s voice. The she wolf then grinned, “Amy, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She began as she tried out a new approach to the situation. The wolf woman bent her head; her neck lowered slowly as she lifted her right hand and placed it between her bosom in a form of a bow meant to show respect.

The wolf then lifted her gaze and dropped her hand, her maw moved to speak. “What do you trade?” She asked as she glanced around her, she then brought her gaze once more to Amy. “I would like to trade…but.” She hesitated, “I do not have anything to trade in return…”

She thought for a moment, her gaze lifted to study her winged companion. “Falcrin,” she spoke to the winged one on her shoulder. “Do you mind perching yourself upon a branch?” She asked the hawk. The hawk tilted its head at her, but then squawked and fluttered from her shoulder where he flew and then re perched himself upon a tree limb. The she wolf smiled and then turned her gaze upon Amy, “I will not trade Falcrin or anything of what I already claim as mine.”

She needed everything she had and could not and would not part from it, “However.” She began speaking in a calm manner, “I can offer an exchange. I’m willing to trade my service or a favor in exchange for goods.” The she wolf smirked, “I may be inexperienced in many things, but I am willing to do much.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The female's attitude changed dramatically at the introduction of Amy's name. If she didn't know better she would think her family was known by this rogue, but that was highly unlikely considering where they were and the wolf's rough manner of greeting. Pleased by this show of submission Amy's tail curled up. Her eyes gleamed as she was given what she felt she so richly deserved. So few treated her with the respect she was used to here, and Amy lapped up every bit.

A grimace twisted her face as a half snarl rested in the back of her throat as Deirdre mentioned not being willing to trade anything she held. Her eyes didn't move from the wolf as the hawk was sent away, wondering how the female possibly planned on trading with her if she had no material goods she was willing to offer. The reply that came was surprising. It wasn't often that one practically swore themselves into servitude. Did this female even understand that?

A favor or service will be accepted. Come have a look. Choose whatever you like, and I will tell you the price. If Amy had been a cat she would have been purring. This Deirdre had acted rashly in that offer, and Amy would take complete advantage of that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile sorry for the lateness./ WC: 462

Deirdre smirked as she glided smoothly toward Amy’s goods, as she moved she spoke calmly. “Before I trade my service for anything,” she began eyeing the female dog. “We need to set up a contract.”

She was not a fool, the she wolf had thought through on her idea of willingly offering her service in trade. It was an idea she had come up with when she made it her life’s goal to start a pack, though if her goal was to come to be gained was a whole other topic. The she wolf had thought up an idea of offering services to others in trade for object that would benefit her or those that would come to rely on her. It was an idea that revolved around designing contracts that made sure neither party would get the short end of the deal.

The she wolf spun around to face the dog, “The items I need or can find out of your goods, will play a big part on what my service can and will be. The contract will keep me safe from abuse and misuse and you from losing any profit from my limited time in your service.” The she wolf smiled, “what I need is very small at the moment.” She began taking her gaze to focus on Amy’s gear, “I need a bag, leather preferably, that I can hang around my waist and carry books and other object that I may find to come to some use to me. The second item is a…well, set. I’m looking for a mortar, which is a bowl really, made out of either wood, marble, pottery, or stone. I would prefer wood or stone.” She grinned, “and then I need the pestle that goes with the mortar, this is a tool shaped kind of…” She used her clawed hands to help her explain the image of the item she was looking for, “shaped kind of like a stick, but has a more thick and oval end. It’s used to grind herbs and other things inside the mortar.”

She sighed, “I could also use what ever Herbs you may have in stock and a few vials, and capsules, maybe a satchel or two to carry the herbs I’ll collect.” She placed one long finger across the side of her muzzle and thought for a second on things she may need, “Oh, and if you have any books, I would like to see your selction. But I know those can be rare, so I won't get my hopes up in that.”

She turned her focus upon Amy, “we can make a contract for trade after you show me your selection of what I asked for, that is if you have any of what I ask for.” She offered the dog a friendly grin, “when I see what selection you have, we’ll come up with what I can offer in trade for those said items.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Amy's ears flattened momentarily as Deirdre mentioned a contract. That was just fantastic. Amy was used to dealing with those who didn't know about such things, allowing her to take advantage of them. It seemed that wouldn't be the case here though. Swiftly Amy's mask slipped back into place, polite and friendly. She didn't want to seem like she was trying to take advantage of the wolf. Amy was fair, after all. Even if her version of fair and others didn't always match up. She gave people what they wanted in exchange for what they were willing to part with. It was very good that they didn't know the worth of what she took.

Amused by Deirdre's explanation Amy's tail twitched. She already knew all this. It was the reason why she bound people to her with an oath, the reason why they couldn't escape her. The difference was that Amy usually held all the cards, and that wasn't the case in this situation. She was dealing with someone who had thought things through.

Maybe this person wasn't as experienced as she'd thought, though. Deirdre listed off what she considered 'small', a list that Amy would charge a high price for. Good herbs weren't necessarily easy to come by, and a leather satchel, while she had one, took time to procure, as well as needing the know how of making it or a contact who did. It took time and cost for these items, yet Deirdre listed them as 'small'. Snorting in derision Amy stepped forward. Small indeed. I suppose the price I ask in return, three favors done unconditionally, is rather small as well. A horse would be even higher priced, you realize. A book would be worth at least another three favors. I can procure one, if you wish. Yes, that was a higher price than what the items were worth. Amy had recognized Deirdre's ignorance though, and would use it for all she was worth.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile sorry for the lateness./ WC: 246

Deirdre’s ears twitched back against her skull as she eyed the dog, “I never said anything about a horse.” She stated coldly turning her gaze slowly to the would be goods, “as for the book…I do not necessary need them, so they are not my main concern.” She turned to face the other female, “Tell me about these favors.” She began, her gaze slowly falling away to look about her. The female sighed, “All I really need is the satchel, and the mortar and pestle. But if you have neither then there is no real need for any form of trade.” She returned her gaze to Amy.

“The satchel is the main item I wish to purchase and depending on its condition we will barter for it that way. However, the condition of the satchel will be unimportant if I find other goods to go with it that would equal the amount the satchel would be worth if it was in good condition.” As she spoke the she wolf slowly began to wonder if she had been making any sense. She knew she had the habit of speaking nonsense or stirring confusion upon another, but sometimes the she wolf had difficulty in establishing what she thought into her speech. The she wolf sighed and lowered her ears against her skull.

“You know, lets just start with the satchel and make our way from there.” She eyed the other female and offered her a soft friendly smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy didn't have a mortar and pestle, but she didn't think much of that. It was an item that was highly specialized, and as Amy was a general trader rather than a specialist, it wasn't unusual for her to be lacking such a thing. She could acquire it, of course, but from the conversation Amy gathered that it wouldn't be necessary. This was most likely a one time trade, as she disliked dealing with someone who understood contracts and belittled her items, and the wolf was probably not enjoying Amy's company either.

Amy snapped her fingers, and Hadley stepped forward with a leather satchel. It was in good condition, worn just enough to make it flexible without the stiffness of new leather. Neat stitching was done around the edges, creating a beautiful pattern. The favors are a guarantee of sorts. I don't need anything now, but in the future I might need help in battle, or a place to stay. At that time, I'll call on you. I'll expect you to keep your oath at that time. Amy waited expectantly for Deirdre's reply.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 208

With a snap of her fingers Amy summoned to her a male, Deirdre blinked as she watched the brute step forward with her asked item. The she wolf offered the male a soft smile before allowing her gaze to settle upon the leather satchel. Her gaze studied it, and found the said item to be to her liking. The wolf had then knelt to gain a closer look of the satchel as her ears twitched to the sound of the dog’s voice, “Understood.” She replied as she stood up from her knelt position, she then turned her gaze toward Amy. “I am willing to accept your favors. I can fight, kill, and I have other talents that may come in handy if you ever ask of me…shelter, I can not offer…as of yet, since I do not have any to offer.”

The wolf sighed and turned her gaze back to the satchel for only a moment, she then spoke. “I’ll take it,” she began but then turned a steady gaze upon Amy. “What do you normally trade for a satchel in this condition?” She asked turning her sights once more to the leather bag, “Do you wish to trade it for one large favor, or two small favors?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

A smile fell on the wolf's face, and Amy knew the deal was struck. She'd take the satchel, as good as it was. Amy didn't have to wait for words of agreement to come. The answer had already been given. Deirdre's words were welcoming, giving shelter and a ready hand to Amy. True, the loner had no shelter to grant at this time, but if Amy needed to hide she was sure this loner could help her. She listened to the wolf speak before shaking her head. The large favor was Amy's choice, but they still had more to do.

There is more that you asked for, is there not? Healing herbs and the like. Would you like to see them before finishing the deal? Amy couldn't give much, and would need a few favors in return, but the deal was fair, and well struck. The herbs was just a good way to expand the deal, preying on what the wolf had told her. Amy would think that the wolf had been foolish if there hadn't been the mention of contracts at the beginning, something she hated very much.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: / WC: 274

Deirdre smiled a soft grin, “No.” She stated calmly turning her wild gray orbs upon the female dog, “I’ll just take the satchel for now.” She continued, “I am sure I can find herbs on my own to start with, and if we were to meet again.” She smirked, “Maybe then I will trade my services for more goods.” She eyed the female and then bowed her head softly in respect toward the female, “If we will, I would like to start writing up that contract, for I do not believe voicing our contract has strong bonds to keep it in play.”

She then sighed, “You will have to write it however.” She began as she kept a steady eye upon the other female. “I can only write in runic script and I do not believe you can read it.” She began, “I can read however, the old human writing. Which I believe is the common writing the most humanized Luperci use?” She was assuming much, for she had not been socializing with others of her changed kin and did not know of what writing they were using, if any. She had assumed that it was the common human writing that she had seen in books her adopted father had taught her to read from and only hoped that she was right, and that writing was the kind other Luperci used when and if they wrote.

The female wolf offered the other female a sly smirk as she continued to speak, “If it is alright I would like to draft up two contracts, one for me to hold on to and one for you.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC thought of a use for the favor. Amy's giving birth to pups at the end of February but doesn't want them. Dump them on Deirdre? They're not meant to survive

Word Count → 000

The female's words were irritating. The way she spoke it devalued the herbs Amy had gathered. They were much more difficult to find than this wolf seemed to think, and it took effort to get proper mixtures from them. Yet this female thought she could just waltz away and find what she needed. Even worse, suggesting that she only might trade with Amy if they met again! Amy provided good services for her customers, but Deirdre talked as if she was the one holding all the cards. That settled it. Amy would find the worst possible task for Deirdre to accomplish.

Amy did smile slightly at Deirdre's words though. The verbal contracts that Amy used were quite powerful, calling on powers beyond nature to ensure it's fulfillment. A written contract was still more powerful, as Amy made sure they were sealed in blood. I'll draft those up right now. Amy removed two pieces of parchment from her wagon and began to write. By my blood and soul I swear to fulfill the task given to me by the holder of this contract. If I fail my children shall carry on, until my price is paid. Amy passed that one to the side before drafting the other. I hold claim to this soul until my task is accomplished in exchange for the satchel she holds. Amy Sunders Swiftly Amy cut across her arm, dripping some blood onto her contract before wrapping it up. She passed the first contract to Deirdre. Sign and add your blood please.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: ^^ Woot children! Big Grin OMG she loves children, so if you throw them on her….she may at first think that Amy was crazy, but then she may actually try to save them…atleast one, if they all died on her haha it would make her feel horriable. If there is a boy can I have one? Lol. / WC: 340

As the contract was slid to her, her gray gaze lowered and begun to read the written contract. She tilted her head slightly to the right as she read it, I thought it would have more words… She thought as she read over it for a third time. She sighed, I’ll have to make sure when I start using these- Her mind rambled on as began she to sign. Like she had told Amy, her writing ability was limited to that of runes, unable to write in the common writing the she wolf lowered the writing tool to the contract and begun to construct rune symbols that would spell out her name.

Dagaz, Isa, Raido, Dagaz, Raido, and Ansuz. She ticked off the runes that would spell her name as she wrote them. As the last of the runes were drawn out the wolf then lowered the tip of her writing tool beneath the runic structure and then scribbled a horrible attempt of her name in the normal means of writing. The she wolf’s ears flew back against her skull as she looked down at her common writing style. “I must apologize,” she begun as she turned her gaze to Amy, and then began to slip from her hip her knife. The blade went effortlessly to the inside of her arm as her voice continued to speak. “I’ve written more in runes then I have in the common writing,” she laughed and sliced a small cut across her arm. Moving her arm above the paper she clutched her fingers and tightened her arm muscles. “It’s a lot easer to begin with,” blood droplets splatter against the paper. “Despite probably being the only person who can read runes, they’ve helped me a lot…” The wolf laughed again as she pulled her arm away from the paper and lowered it to her side, “I’ve written, horribly if I may add, my name beneath the rune version of it.” She turned her gaze to Amy, “I hope you don’t mind, it’s just assurance.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC wow i'm glad i picked a big litter now. one male will survive, he's being paid for by frodo i believe. rose is taking one of the girls, and now you've got one boy and one girl. oh, and one's a stillborn

Word Count → 000

Amy watched the female examine the contract with slitted eyes. If she tried anything Amy would be able to do it. Deirdre didn't question the strange format of the contract though, working her hand over it carefully as she wrote. Amy watched the beautiful runes come out, followed by some very clumsy writing in english. Amy watched as she slashed herself with no hesitation, dripping blood on the contract. It glistened briefly before sinking in, the contract accepted. She smiled and took it back happily.

No worries. We simply need that and the contract is sealed. Here's your half. She passed the one containing her blood over to the wolf and shook her hand. It was nice dealing with you. I'll call you when the favor is needed. She packed up the rest of her wagon, setting the stuff out of the way and clicked to the horse happily, sending them traveling along the route Amy had picked out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]