(m) Drunken Revelry
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Amy listened, her interest in the conversation waning. The truth was when it came to slaves Amy was one of the best. This wasn't because of any actual work she put into it, just her natural tendencies and talent coming into play. Those around her always knew where they stood with her, and Hadley knew his place quite well. Amy wasn't concerned with pushing him too far, as the care for her slaves was quite good on some levels. Depending on what they were for the punishments were different. An artist would never be beaten or scarred, though keeping them from sleep and withholding food could be used. A singer was always fed extremely well, though their legs might be broken. Each one kept in optimum condition for their work. Such was the case with Hadley. She never outright insulted him, and always kept him well fed and rested. His punishments were purely physical, as were the rewards.

Even deeper than that, his spirit was broken. Amy had turned such a thing into an art form, to the point where freedom no long existed in the slave's mind. None of her slaves held a single rebellious streak, at least as long as she had broken them and they remained under her care. Abuse from their masters could push Amy's slaves to rebel, the reason why Amy chose her buyers so carefully. She didn't care for being blamed for a bad owner's actions. I could tell you a dozen like tales, and it still wouldn't make Hadley kill me. She beckoned him forward, and Hadley came obediently. Amy passed him her short sword and closed her eyes. Hadley stood there, uncertain, before backing off and beginning to clean the blade. After a long moment Amy reopened her eyes. Not a thought, even as we speak about it. Amy accepted the weapon back and stood up, grabbing the wine bottle. Have fun you two. If you attempt to steal him, I will hunt you down. Waving slightly Amy headed back to her wagon, leaving Hadley and Sebastian alone together.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread