(m) Drunken Revelry
Sebastian raised his eyebrows as Amy spoke. He'd expected that she wouldn't want Hadley to be bought, and then set free- which wasn't going to happen regardless. He fully expected that she would simply track him down again if the Italian set Hadley free immediately. No, Hadley's true freedom would need to wait a while. Until he was... What was the word? Rehabilitated? Until his submissive streak was gone and he could stand up to Amy if they ever encountered each other again.

Her last words were what truly puzzled him. Abuse him? Really? From Hadley's scars, Sebastian guessed that abuse was the main factor in the relationship between Amy and Hadley. The scarring on Hadley's arm was especially discomforting for Sebastian.

Sebastian slung his satchel around his shoulder, glancing over to the corner to make sure his bow and arrows were still there. Of course. But I see no way to guarantee to you that I am not a sloppy owner, nor that I will immediately grant him freedom, aside from my word. Sebastian tilted his head, watching Amy closely. As regards to a price, how many bottles of wine is he worth? He had other things to sell, but wine was what he had in greatest supply, both at Casa di Cavalieri and in Halifax City.

Messages In This Thread