Righting a Wrong
[html]

Count it: +538// Big Grin

It was the unfortunate reality that Ciara was probably intimidated by him; the pair had only interacted directly a few times, and one of them involved the alabaster male yelling at her. Shandom couldn't exactly say he regretted it - the young calico girl had certainly behaved in a manor that did not befit Noah's position in the pack, and the new Gamma thought it was imperative she knew that. But what was done was done. He was not one to hold a grudge for an excessively long period of time, especially when youth was a factor. Sometimes, he had to remember himself exactly what he was like as a child. A subtle smile would have curved across his lips if he allowed himself to recall the mischief Lea and he got themselves into.

But this wasn't the time to dwell on such matters, and the Gamma listened quietly as Ciara explained the reason for her summons. Now an actual smile curved around his lips, and the male wagged his tail a big. He was eager to receive her apology, and he was glad for it - while he could not say he was truly angry with the girl, it was true that he hadn't appreciated her insolence. And it showed great maturity for Ciara to approach him, seek him out even, and apologize for her mistake. The yearling was advanced beyond her years if she could bring herself to do that - again, returning to his own childhood, Shandom knew he wouldn't have been able to gather such humility. The folly of youth! It was so difficult, such a dangerous and volatile period; he hoped Ciara would weather it better than he had. Who was he, after all, to criticize anyone at the end of the day? Still, he appreciated her courage, and knew it must have been quite the experience for her to come to the conclusion to have the meeting.

When she was done speaking, Shandom nodded his head, and began to speak in his own deep, baritone voice. Sister, I appreciate you coming to me. And, thank you for your kind words of congratulation! I am glad to be able to serve our pack in a more defined role, and if you are ever in need of advice, please do not hesitate to come to me. I, too, must apologize to you for the....unfortunate incident with Noah. One of my great vices is my rigidity with rules, and I should not have spoken to you in such a harsh tone. But I see great promise in you, Ciara, and your ability to seek me out and apologize is admirable. If you can control your fire in situations that warrant it, you will go far. The last sentence was spoken gently and with a wide smile on his face; Shandom did not want her to think he was actually condemning her personality! Rather, he appreciated the spirit that lived within the girl. He walked towards her and bumped his head against her own smaller one in a sign of comraderie and, hopefully, friendship. I hope you do not see me as harsh, Ciara. That was not my intention, and I promise I am not.

template by revo.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread