Righting a Wrong
[html]

OOC:: Random Shandom thread. <3Big Grin WC: 350

In Character

Ciara had heard Ceri’s howl, though she had kept to the den. She’d been straying from the pack lands and checking out the various territories, but something had called her back home. Her scent had begun to fade from the pack territory, and she wanted to fix that. So the girl had moved around, rolling in scent marks and rubbing up against the walls of the den. She missed her family, missed socializing with them and wanted to start again.

Shortly after Ceri’s howl came Shandom’s, and the mottled subordinate winced a little. If there was anyone who might not be so fond of her in the pack, it was the newly appointed Gamma. His howl seemed kind enough, welcoming enough to her playmate, and she knew that he was calling a leader to make the final decision. Standing up, the yearling shook out her patchy fur and moved out of the den, sitting down just outside of it.

Tipping her head back, she let out on short howl. It was a sound of joy, and she knew that Cerberus would hear it and recognize her happiness in the tilt and tones of her song. After tasting the sound of that howl on her tongue, Ciara stood and paced for a moment before sitting down again. She didn’t want the tension with Shandom to last, and she really did like the alabaster male. It hurt her that he might still be displeased with her, and she wanted to fix it. Also, she wanted to congratulate him for a promotion she believed he very rightly deserved.

So with conviction and determination, Ciara tilted her head back once more. This time, her song was for the Gamma alone, calling him to her. She didn’t want to rush him, especially since he was undoubtedly having a conversation with her boycoy. Her tones, therefore, held the message that the white male should come to her at his leisure and his leisure alone.

Ciara wanted to right the wrong she’d done to him.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Count it: +510// Big Grin

The new Gamma took his time returning from the borders, selecting a long and winding route that took the male through the base of the mountains and occasionally up the rocky sides. He liked the solace of his own mind, and was careful to sometimes separate himself from his new family. It was not designed as an insult, and he certainly hoped it was never construed in such a fashion, but the alabaster man needed his daily space. In these times he let his thoughts dwell uncomfortably on Lea in a less than platonic manner; on the curves of her body, the radiant grin that once spread across her striking face. His sister had been beautiful before madness set in, before everything she knew was betrayed. Shandom wondered whether or not she was still as lovely as she once was, or whether she was the coarse monster he saw that fateful, blood soaked night.

With responsibilities had come less time to dwell on her, and Shandom thought this a perfect opportunity to let himself get lost in the memories of what could have been. Seeing Cerberus' eyes light at the thought of Ciara reminded him of what he must have looked like when he was the younger man's age - so in love, so eager to spend the rest of his life with someone! Lea had been that someone, had always been that someone - his heart, so often ignored, still beat strong for the dark and cruel female. It was a match made in hell, forged by the Devil himself for some cruel entertainment; Shandom wondered what he must have done in a past life to deserve such a path. He had done so well since coming to New Dawn and avoided dwelling on the sister he missed so much, but a low whine now escaped his mouth and ears flicked back on his large skull; the man was heartsick, and lonely.

But a summoning call reached his ears, and Shandom sighed in resignation. It was Ciara, requesting his presence for some unknown reason, and the Gamma gathered himself before picking up a quick trot in the direction of her howl. The male hadn't much seen his young Sister since the argument about Noah. Shandom felt bad for his harshness, though not for his intent - the young one had been in direct defiance of Zalen's orders, and he took things like that extremely seriously. It was in his nature, having once been a leader of an apparently rigid pack. He could not apologize for it, but would apologize for his abrasiveness if she requested it.

The journey didn't take long at all, and soon he saw the lithe form of the girl he sought. Hello, Ciara! Shandom called, his stance more dominant than it had been in the past. His ears were forward and tail raised slightly: the man was obviously proud of his new promotion, and would wear it like an award. It is a pleasure to see you. What can I do for you, sister?

template by revo.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:: I thiiink you mixed up Insomnia and Ciara in the second paragraph there. >.> WC: 620

In Character

Ciara had been lost in thought herself while waiting for Shandom to answer her call. Her mind was reeling with hope that Zalen would accept Cerberus into the pack, and excitement of life ahead if he was. She wasn’t completely sure, but she thought that the scruffy hybrid had a thing for her, maybe even liked her as much as she already liked him. It was far too early to tell, yet, but the yearling knew from the peculiar sensation that filled her each time Cerberus looked at her, that she had more than a tiny crush.

After awhile, the wind brought the news of Shandom’s arrival, and Ciara mentally prepared herself. Her stomach twisted with the anxiety she was feeling, and before the alabaster male even showed up, her tawny, black-rimmed ears pinned back against her head with worry. The yearling thought back on that day with Noah. She didn’t regret doing something nice for the Omega, but she did regret the fact that she’d gone against Zalen’s law. The Alpha had never approached her about the matter, but it had been explained a few times over and she understood what she’d done wrong. She also knew that she’d been insolent with the new Gamma, and that he’d only been trying to help her. For that, she was truly sorry.

Her eyebrows lifted in surprise when Shandom approached and called out in a tone that was friendlier than she’d expected. Maybe she was wrong for thinking that he hated her? She knew, however, that the male could make his voice have the sweetest tones even when he was angry. Ciara had seen that between Shandom and Soran over the Noah incident, and though she couldn’t be sure, she had sensed the male’s anger even then.

As the Gamma drew closer, Ciara folded herself into a posture of submission. Her ears remained paper-flat against her head and her tail tucked low as she lowered herself to the ground. It might have been a bit of overkill, but she wanted Shandom to realize just how much she respected him. He was her pack mate, and even though they had barely spoken Ciara already saw the Qi’Vaex as an older brother. Averting her earth-coloured eyes, the yearling gave a happy whine when the man said it was a pleasure to see her.

“Brother,” she began, keeping her head and eyes low. “I am sorry if I interrupted something. Thank you for coming to see me.” A pink tongue darted out as she licked at her lips nervously; honestly worried that he might not accept her apology or that he’d be annoyed at her for calling him. “I wanted to congratulate you on your promotion. You deserve it, Shandom, and you’ll make a fine Gamma.” She knew that the different aspects of pack hierarchy were new to her, but she understood the role of Gamma as one that gave advice to the Alphas.

“I also…wanted to apologize for my behaviour a few nights ago with the Noah incident.” She hesitated, then, gathering her thoughts so she wouldn’t screw up. “I was…insolent. Not only did I go against Zalen’s orders but I was disrespectful to you as well, and you’re my elder, now my superior.” Only then did Ciara raise her eyes, though she was careful not to make direct eye contact with the male. “I hope you can accept my apology.” All she could do now was remain on the ground and wait for his reply. She hoped that he would forgive her, and that they could move on from the incident with no awkwardness.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Count it: +538// Big Grin

It was the unfortunate reality that Ciara was probably intimidated by him; the pair had only interacted directly a few times, and one of them involved the alabaster male yelling at her. Shandom couldn't exactly say he regretted it - the young calico girl had certainly behaved in a manor that did not befit Noah's position in the pack, and the new Gamma thought it was imperative she knew that. But what was done was done. He was not one to hold a grudge for an excessively long period of time, especially when youth was a factor. Sometimes, he had to remember himself exactly what he was like as a child. A subtle smile would have curved across his lips if he allowed himself to recall the mischief Lea and he got themselves into.

But this wasn't the time to dwell on such matters, and the Gamma listened quietly as Ciara explained the reason for her summons. Now an actual smile curved around his lips, and the male wagged his tail a big. He was eager to receive her apology, and he was glad for it - while he could not say he was truly angry with the girl, it was true that he hadn't appreciated her insolence. And it showed great maturity for Ciara to approach him, seek him out even, and apologize for her mistake. The yearling was advanced beyond her years if she could bring herself to do that - again, returning to his own childhood, Shandom knew he wouldn't have been able to gather such humility. The folly of youth! It was so difficult, such a dangerous and volatile period; he hoped Ciara would weather it better than he had. Who was he, after all, to criticize anyone at the end of the day? Still, he appreciated her courage, and knew it must have been quite the experience for her to come to the conclusion to have the meeting.

When she was done speaking, Shandom nodded his head, and began to speak in his own deep, baritone voice. Sister, I appreciate you coming to me. And, thank you for your kind words of congratulation! I am glad to be able to serve our pack in a more defined role, and if you are ever in need of advice, please do not hesitate to come to me. I, too, must apologize to you for the....unfortunate incident with Noah. One of my great vices is my rigidity with rules, and I should not have spoken to you in such a harsh tone. But I see great promise in you, Ciara, and your ability to seek me out and apologize is admirable. If you can control your fire in situations that warrant it, you will go far. The last sentence was spoken gently and with a wide smile on his face; Shandom did not want her to think he was actually condemning her personality! Rather, he appreciated the spirit that lived within the girl. He walked towards her and bumped his head against her own smaller one in a sign of comraderie and, hopefully, friendship. I hope you do not see me as harsh, Ciara. That was not my intention, and I promise I am not.

template by revo.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:: Sorry it's kinda short! WC: 408

In Character

It had been a short and very stressful wait for the calico yearling as she waited for Shandom to speak after her apology. While it had taken her some time to work up the bravery to apologize, she was very glad that he accepted it. He even went so far as to say he saw promise in her! That sent joy soaring through the girl, as she loved praise and so wanted to make her pack proud of her. A happy whine left her when the man said those words, and as the alabaster male finished speaking her tail began to wag, causing her small body to wiggle from the force of it.

“I saw you as a little bit harsh during the moment, but after I took the time to think over the situation I realized that you were only trying to help me. I will certainly come to you for advice, Shandom,” she said, her voice sincere and hopeful. “I’m sure there are going to be a lot of times when I could use some help.” Her muzzle broke into a grin. When the male bumped his head to hers, Ciara allowed her head to be pushed down just a little. He was, after all, her superior. After he had finished speaking, Ciara couldn’t contain her happiness at being forgiven any longer. It had been like a weight resting on her young shoulders since the incident with Noah, and now she felt as though she could relax.

“I saw you talking to Cerberus,” she said, her voice holding the tones of shyness. Her ears twitched a little, and if he could see beneath her fur he’d see a blush covering her skin. The hybrid always brought the strangest reactions from her, but she knew that talking about boys wasn’t the type of advice Shandom had been offering. “What do you think of him?” The yearling asked, sincerely hoping that he liked the other male. Then, she had a mini-stroke, wondering if Shandom would see right through her and realize that she had a crush.

She sat down on her haunches then, before tipping her head up to lick at her Gamma’s cheek. Her nose then bumped affectionately to the male’s shoulder. She’d been a little restless the past few days, and perhaps once Shandom had given her his opinion on Ceri, he wouldn’t mind a playful wrestling match. It had been ages since Ciara had participated in one, and she knew that it was a huge part of wolf bonding. In New Dawn, after all, they tried to behave as closely to their ancestors as they could.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Count it: +505// Sorry for the delay D: School is crazy right now.

The white man was eager to have things patched over with Ciara, though he had not held much animosity towards the girl. None, really - he'd simply been disgusted with the entire situation, what with his staunch love of rules. It was only natural, the older man supposed, that he would become more stringent with just about everything as his age crept upwards. Perhaps it was also his traditionalist, and probably much different, upbringing - life on four legs, with no thought of an alternative, brought about a different culture than what was now apparently the norm. He could see the differences in many of his new brothers and sisters, and while Shandom did not begrudge them their differences, he found he enjoyed the company of those who were not tainted by the Luperci virus. There were, of course, some exceptions - Caprica and Naniko D'Angelo of Anathema were very much new-age, and the Gamma thought they were wonderful and, well, quite lovely in both of their own right.

Had he not been in front of Ciara, the male would have choked a laugh - here he was, getting distracted about women (again!) when he ought be having a normal conversation. I am glad we are all right then, Ciara, Shandom murmured, bumping his own skull against the smaller girl's and bestowing a friendly and genuine smile upon her. You may always seek me out if you need anything. Being old does have its perks. The last statement was light hearted and teasing directed at himself - the white man enjoyed some of the benefits of age, though he wondered what his life would be if he were young again. But luckily the virus had lengthened his life, and he would have many more years ahead of him - it was strange, he would probably outlive his ancestors by many, many turns of the season. Absently, Shandom was forced to wonder what God made this strange decision. What had the humans done so wrong, besides ruin the beauty of Mother Earth in their arrogance and self-centered ignorance?

Then the girl asked about Cerberus, and a sly smile was forced to crawl across the man's scarred face. Young infatuation was something he could, of course, understand - it was a beautiful and wonderful thing, initially. To be loved and loved in return - Shandom could not fathom that idea, though! Love of the romantic assortment was something taboo and terrible and forbidden and for Linquilea only - she held his heart, and he knew that it would be hers forever! The image of his beating heart in her terrible grasp was frightening and strangely erotic, and the Gamma knew he had to distract himself with answering. He is a good soul, and will make a wonderful addition to our pack. Handsome, too, the man added with a cheeky wink, playfully nudging at the smaller girl. But in all seriousness, I have confidence in him. I am sure he will acct as an important part of New Dawn.

template by revo.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:: Poor embarassed Ciara. xD WC: 400+

In Character

Ciara was very glad when Shandom’s head bumped down over her own in that friendly gesture. A smile broke out on her muzzle. “I’m glad we’re good too, Shandom,” she said, tipping her nose up so she could give his muzzle a few delicate licks. Her plume of a tail thumped behind her, sending her slender frame to wiggling. Even though she was filling out steadily, there were still a few things about the female that showed her youth, and that wiggling was one of them. Now that the situation was over, and her indiscretion with Noah forgiven, Ciara was finally able to relax. She wouldn’t be able to bring herself to be cruel or cold to the Omega, but she would remember Zalen’s law, and Shandom’s advice.

She blushed under her fur when he answered her question about Cerberus. She was very attracted to him, already having budding feelings - but then there was Augustus. Now, that was a situation. She had developed a crush on the salt-and-pepper Arctic wolf basically from the moment she saw him. He’d been powerful, but kind at the same time. He was a good hunter, a pack defender, and basically an all around manly man. Her yearling heart always did a strange patter when he was around, but she’d convinced herself that she was out of his league.

When it came to Cerberus, now, she’d only just met him. He was charming, and flirtatious. He showed an obvious interest in her where Augustus seemed oblivious to her feelings. Still, there were little things about him that worried the girl. He was unpredictable, and highly energetic. Ciara liked that about him, too, but he was a completely different wolf than Augustus. She scraped her paws, muttering to herself quietly as her claws dragged through the snow. What was a she-wolf to do when she liked two males?

“Well…I do have a problem…but I doubt you could help me with it,” she murmured, pinning her ears back. Was she crazy? Shandom didn’t want to hear about her girl problems, much less when they were about males. She was still a few weeks too young to even be considering them fully, for it would be the beginning of March before her first heat would set in. What good was worrying now? There was no good, but that didn’t mean she could help it, either. “How do you get a wolf you like to notice you…and…how do you tell if someone actually cares?” She blushed again afterwards. “You don’t need to answer any of this if you don’t want…it’s silly, I know.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Count it: +664// Sorry for the abrupt end - just trying to wrap up old topics! Feel free to PP him leaving in your final post. Smile Let's thread again soon!

Shandom was quiet and serene now, significantly less tense than he had been before. He supposed his outward tension hadn't been overtly obvious, but the white Gamma was now completely at ease as he stared without much variation at Ciara. He supposed she was a pretty girl, someone that would easily be able to find a mate - as that was what she spoke of now. Shandom appreciated the vitality and youth of all females, and could become sexually around by just about anything with feminine reproductive parts, but as of late he'd found a greater interest in more mature females, in females that were not so young as to have not been born when he still lived in Etienne. Perhaps it was the strange twist of genetics that infected his veins, but Shandom found himself more interested in love and lasting relationship than anything else, it seemed. Sexual relations were no longer as important. It was, if he were being quite honest, strange.

The male was silent for a few moments as he pondered Ciara's question. He was not one to give any advice on love: all the knowledge he had on the topic was grossly perverted and rather toxic. The male knew his experiences were not normal - then again, what about his life had been normal? His love for the beautiful Linquilea was perverse at best - the pair grew as litter-mates and siblings, and yet he found it appropriate to fall in love with the sable female! She'd never looked at him as anything besides a brother and a best friend, and that had altered the course of life for every creature involved. A rich pack heirarchy, destroyed by one night of careless anger. Shandom could not forgive himself for that. And yet it was all based upon love! Love, anger, hatred and jealousy: they wove a terribly beautiful carpet that defined the world, he found.

A rich sigh fell from his slightly parted lips, and the half-blind male tilted his scarred face to the sky. I am not one to speak of love, Ciara - I am old, and have not found it myself. Shandom thought that would be enough of a preface for the younger girl to assume that he was not the foremost expert on the subject, and if she truly wanted advice it would be better found in a mated wolf. But his lips curved into a smile as he turned his gaze to the girl and thought of how she must feel. New love, young infatuation - it was all so exciting and wonderful! The light male could not fathom what it must be like, and every bit of him ached to be jealous of the girl. But he'd spent too many season's turns controlling his darkest vice, and so it did not consume his sometimes volatile mind. Be up front with him, my young friend. Feelings are not worth having if you harbor them and allow it to turn into something darker, and perhaps unhealthy.

Shandom sighed, and let the words sit in the air for a few moments. I must depart, Ciara. I apologize that I am brief, but my belly aches with hunger and I long for a quiet hunt of small creatures to end this day. He hoped she wound understand his rather abrupt departure, but the subject hat turned to one he did not wish to discuss. Tumultuous feelings could not help but well inside the creature's mind, and his paws ached to beat against the dirt and think of the beautiful Linquilea. It would not do for him to lose himself in thoughts of her while in front of a packmate. They still did not know of her existence, for the most part, and Shandom sought to keep it that way. She was his beautiful, terrible, evil secret: the little bit of darkness that resided in the back of his soul and was his own downfall and sedation.

template by revo.

[/html]