M-I Was Lost, Now I'm Broken
[html]

OOC:: Hope you don't mind me jumping in. Smile Maybe it can make up for my lack of muse with the Amy thread. Tongue WC: 580

In Character

There was a happy spring in her step as Ciara went around, patrolling the borders and trying to scope out a new herd for her pack to hunt. Things had been going well in New Dawn. She’d had fishing lessons from Noah, hunting lessons from the handsome Augustus, and even a few new pack brothers and sisters to meet. Most importantly, however, her boycoy Cerberus had been allowed to join the pack. That had the girl’s tongue lolling out of her mouth happily, tail wagging as she thought on the scruffy male she’d developed a crush on. She hadn’t seen much of him since he’d joined the pack, he was probably busy checking out the pack’s territory or meeting the others, but the yearling was patient. She knew that Ceri would come to her eventually and they’d start their playful flirting all over again.

The sun was high at mid-noon by now, and despite all her daydreaming Ciara had been able to spot a family of whitetail. They all looked perfectly healthy, which might prove them difficult to catch, but Ciara could see that one of them was young. She made a mental note of the location and the state of the prey, planning to report back to her Epsilon as soon as she returned to the den and found him. A gust of wind lifted her fur as she turned around to go back, and she tilted her nose up to the wind.

Blood. She could smell it strong in the air, and could easily tell that it was wolfsblood. A nervous whine left her, and she soon sprinted in the direction of the scent. What if it was one of her pack mates? What if it was Ceri? Or Augustus? Or the motherly Soran? Ciara’s fangs gritted together as she sprinted in the direction of the sound, and when the tree within which Terra was hiding came into her view, she dug her claws into the ground and skidded to a halt. This was no member of New Dawn, but a stranger, a trespasser.

The yearling’s calico-toned hackles raised, fur bristling as a warning growl broke through. She moved closer, her stance dominant, tail lashing behind her angrily. Who was this that dared to so foolishly trespass on New Dawn’s land? Which pack mate had this unknown female attacked? It took a few moments to register as the subordinate drew closer, that the majority of the blood was the female’s own. Her posture softened just a little, tail twitching curiously as one ear folded back in concern. This might be a trespasser, but it was one of her kind who was badly injured, and near death.

Cautiously, the young wolf drew closer, glancing over the curled up stranger and taking in the severity of the wounds. She knew that she should drive the female out, but she had to make sure the wolf didn’t die on her, first. Then, and only then, would Ciara reinforce the boundaries of her pack’s territory. After all, she couldn’t very well banish a wolf so close to death, with wounds not inflicted by anyone in New Dawn.

“I am Ciara of New Dawn,” she said, her tone stern and yet not harsh. “You have crossed over into our lands without permission. Normally, I would drive you out at once, but I cannot banish you in this state. Can you speak? What happened to you?”

Earth-toned eyes softened, then. “I will help you.”

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread