M-I Was Lost, Now I'm Broken
[html]

Augustus
OOC Fine by me Smile -- Word Count → 674

He was relieved for his Alpha’s interference. He would not have know what it was to do, and would have ended up making a grave mistake. To be in such a state as Terra was to be rendered useless, with nothing to do, but put an end to the misery. That was the way he was brought up, only the strongest survive, as it had been for generations. Nova Scotia, however, was not the tundra he knew and its way of life was much more forgiving. His birth pack had no healers and a wolf in Terra’s state would have been dispatched on the spot. It would be a clean death, quick, but their pleas were what made it so difficult. His father had been merciless, ending them then and there without remorse or pity. He’d seen the end of a yearling wolf at his father’s paws, how he begged and whined and pleaded Lionel to spare him. That was the first time the young Augustus had ever seen death, the conversation that followed resulting in nightmares. Visions of his father tearing him apart as he whined and begged and wet himself. He shook his head visibly, his eyes clouded, that was another time…Another Augustus. He was pleased to see however, that they were helping her. She at least deserved that much, foolish and pathetic as she was.

He turned his back completely on her, and gave his full attention to his Alpha, incensed slightly when he saw that he did not bother scolding Shadow for the insolence he had shown Augustus, but perhaps he had not been there when it happened, had not seen. It was all a whirl in his head, seeing her, had set him into a fury that made all else seem insignificant. He glared darkly at Shadow, nearly grinning when he noticed that she’d bitten him, although he seemed not to notice. A front, he knew. He would have done the same, unwilling to display weakness in front of his brothers and sister.

Augustus dipped his head in greeting to the Delta, revering her as a motherly being, wise and kind. He still remembered that day when she’d answered his questions and set his heart at ease for things that had been tormenting him endlessly since he’d come to Nova Scotia. He was eternally grateful, and pleased that she had come. When Zalen spoke he nearly objected. Bring her to the den? His hackles rose but he bit his lip to restrain himself. He had given the situation over to his Alpha, it was not within him to question his reasoning. He lowered his head and tail further, using his posture to mask his anger. The Alpha addressed him then and he lifted his head and perked up his ears. “Yes, Alpha. I will not return until she is dead.” He promised, eager for a distraction, the opportunity to sink his fangs into something.

He gave Terra a wide berth, eyes seeking out Shadow’s as he passed, hoping against hope that the male would submit to his superior, or that Zalen would see his disregard for authority. He turned back to the task at hand, lowering his head to sniff the ground. The scent of her blood was overwhelming, but there were traces of the cougar about as well. He paused when Zalen addressed Ciara, his ears perking when he urged her to go with him. He felt his tension ease slightly at the thought and paused to look back at her, and wait for her to join him at his side. "Come, Ciara." he called briefly, eager to be underway. He’d hunted with her before and was grateful for her presence and that the Alpha had paired them together. They made a good team, surely Zalen must have noticed. He admired the girl for her enthusiasm and dedication to the pack and wagged his tail briefly as he awaited her presence. The task before them was no simple one, but he would see it done, to whatever end.

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread