Comes all the way back around
[html]
IT'S BECAUSE I'M COOL.

The grass was tickling her nose as she inhaled and exhaled, her breath coming in short gasps. She hadn't realized how far she'd really gone, having run almost the entire way, and now her body was completely sapped of energy. Ember didn't like feeling vunerable, didn't like laying sprawled out on the ground for just anyone to find. Very suddenly, she thought of Khaden. Maybe he would come. Maybe somehow he would know that she was here, and he'd come and get her. He was her best friend...her only friend, really.

But that was silly. Of course he wouldn't come--he was probably back home in Twilight Vale, where he belonged. No one was coming. Seconds felt like hours as she lay there, trying to catch her breath. After she got a hold of her breathing she would try rising again, if she could. Even the thought of it made her legs ache all the worse, though. Maybe she'd wait until morning...and just sleep her. Yes, sleep sounded good.

"Hmmm?" Someone was next to her, asking her questions. She frowned, trying to come up with an answer. What had happened? "Ohhhhh...My sister..she...I...we don't get along"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread