Comes all the way back around
[html]

She wasn't sure why he was being so nice to her. He could have done worse, could have taken advantage of her weakness to hurt her even more...but he wasn't. He was offering her his hospitality. What a strange concept it was to her.

Ember felt very suddenly chilly, and she shivered as she nodded. That was fine with her...to be inside the packlands. As long as they didn't mind. She hated being a burden, but there was nothing that she could do about it. It made her feel guilty that, yet again, someone was carrying her into their lands because she was too weak to get there herself.

The last time, though, it had been after the fight with Hybrid. That hadn't been her fault as much as this time was. She and Firefly had never gotten along...and when her sister had come back from her adventures in Ireland with their older brother, things had been strained.

"You don't have to take me very far...it'd be easier to run if you kept me near the border. If she comes. I could feel her breath at my back.."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread