everything used to be so perfect
[html]

I use one of your tables next...

How could this situation be fixed? There was no plausible solution to this, at least none that came to mind. Seeing him just brought on much more pain, closing her eyes as another wave of trembling took her over. She was becoming weak, her appetite diminishing with the lasting hurt that they had left to her. He didn't seem to know what Sel was talking about, did Isa lie to her? No, the truthful hiss of menace had laced the grey woman's words. She had meant it. How could he keep a straight face with all this? How could he not know what threatened to take her down? She had lost. And they had played for keeps. Hadley was Ismeme's now. "Isa said...T-That-That you slept with her...I've been afraid of this." His arms were wrapped around her small broken body, it offered no comfort. Isa had been in these strong limbs. "And she...Said she could take you anytime...Because we aren't mates..." Selene wanted to be in his arms, wanted to be held. But under different circumstances. Not when she had been so tortured within. It should have given her comfort. Their love life was simply touch and go, never know what will come. And now it had. Now her life, her soul had been stolen from the grey harlot. "But it did hurt..,She hurt me...You wouldn't have...Wouldn't have-..." Sel felt hideous, her fur was caked with blood, her hair tangled so much that she was sure she would have to cut it all off. And rightly so. Men didn't like ugly women. And now she knew it. He assured her that she wasn't a burden or drag to him, simply she closed her eyes and buried into his arms. Hating how much she couldn't resist and fight against the more positive feelings towards the mottled man. "She's worth it...Not me. She beat me...She's won you. I'll never be strong, beautiful...I am a burden." Shaking her head, Selene pulled gently away, but just to stand in front of him. Not so soon. Not too soon after what had happened.  Fingers reached up to touch his face softly, why was she so fucking stupid? It was this stupidity, this sort of thing that had hurt her in the first place. "I thought it was just me...I thought that was what a relationship was..." She trembled and moved back towards him, fighting the endless conflict in her mind. And she was losing. Her common sense was dying right before her. Ismeme had been in his arms, together they had broken Selene. Of course, she would either die or end up lost, without the thing she wanted most. She now knew, she wasn't cunning. She was far from alluring, and definitely unlovable. That's why he never said anything. "I am the stupidest little girl  in the world..." She breathed, pulling herself back into his body. She was stupid. This would all happen again. He wouldn't think twice. Red eyes welled up with small tears once again. "I just wanted you to care...To notice me...To be my only lover and me yours..." Silently, she braced herself to be pushed away. Told off, being made sure that she knew she was hideous and unwanted. He would have Isa. At least he wouldn't hurt. This was what she truly feared, and always had feared being with Hadley. After all this time? How could he do that? After all her fearful confessions...They really went down the gutter. She didn't want to be a child, no not at all. Yet, her treatment had turned that way. "She hates me...She'll kill me for being with you...I guess you belong to her now--." The last couple words stung. Instantly having her turn away from him, trying so hard to accept her loss. It couldn't be done. It was her that challenged Isa, Hadley was forever unreachable. That was the awful truth. Selene had been a fucking coward and hid, ran away. Didn't fight for what she wanted. Held up the white flag in her stinking cowardice. Ismeme had won. And Hadley no longer was hers. Her tail drooped behind her. That day, all she wanted was to get a good dinner for Hadley and herself. Not knowing the shattering secret which had cut her soul down. "I wouldn't have ever dreamed of doing this to you...Because I love you..." He didn't love her. Those were the words never spoken, never acknowledged when Selene so hoped he would. That was true. When you jumped between lovers, you could get all the love you wanted, and never give it back. A life without hurt. She was starved of his company, maybe that was why she had tried to hold him so many times. But, she needed forever insurance this would never happen again. 

[/html]

Messages In This Thread