Obscure Pillow Talk
[html]
Because Ceri is being a whiner now, this will be his last post and then you can post your exit if you like and I’ll archive it! Nice threading with you again!

It didn’t surprise Cerberus when Ciara announced she had found a mate in Augustus. In fact, ever since she first mentioned his name, he had just been waiting for her to confirm his suspicions. So when she did just that, the only thing that happened was…well, nothing. His face remained as blank as it had become in the time that she preluded her news with other news of her friendships. Cerberus felt his heart quiver with bitterness then – he wanted to tell her exactly what he was thinking: “I joined this pack for you! What’s the point now?!” But he kept his mouth shut. He knew that there was much more to this life than finding a mate, and just because this she-wolf had beaten him at his own game, didn’t mean that he couldn’t still find a purpose for being a part of New Dawn. While he may have been attached to this girl, she was not his sole tether. He had a home here; one that accepted him. He wasn’t about to throw that all away because of a silly yearling.

Indeed, Cerberus was impressed at her promotion to Epsilon. To his knowledge, that was a pretty decent rank, one that definitely deserved respect. But he felt as if he had nothing else to say to her now, and he feared that even if he congratulated her, words coated with bitterness would escape his lips. So he simply bowed his head, rising to his feet after doing so, and painted his face with the most supportive look he could muster. Good for you, he finally squeaked, on all accounts.

Cerberus then turned his face away, trying to locate through the darkness the place where he was to sleep that night: beneath a nice pine tree. Flattening his ears and tucking his tail, he bowed once more to the she-wolf before looking into her earthen eyes. Well, he said, it’s late. I’m glad to hear you’re doing well, but I’d better let you get back to sleep. Perhaps you’ll come bug the ol’ Omega from time to time, eh? He flashed his coy and flirtatious smile, and it was then that he realized he would be okay. It was his nature to be alone, flirting with every creature he deemed worthy of his charm. He was Cerberus, the tough, suave coywolf who rose above the pains of his former life! He never fancied being tied down, and, in a way, finding out that Ciara had a mate was a relief – now he didn’t have to worry about gently breaking things off when they got too serious. With a proud swish of his tail, the smile finally crept into his bi-colored eyes, and he tossed the she-wolf a wink before trotting off into the darkness.

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread