Don't you remember
[html]

WC:500 // Ahh, you have the same effect on me... xD Take as long as you want, I'm in no hurry!

Never too late for forgiveness...? Alder spoke the phrase earnestly, but could he really believe something that naive? Coli looked away from his serious blue eyes, suddenly reminded uncomfortably of someone else. It certainly was too late for her. An apology wouldn't bring back the dead, nor would it mend a broken relationship. Was she expected to forgive Haku? And could she ever forgive herself for being such a burden to everyone around her, dragging them down with her depression and uselessness...? Her tail stump twitched, flicking in agitation. "Maybe that's true for some people," she replied slowly. "But for the ones who can't change, how can you forgive them?" There was a hardness in her gaze, a defensive edge in her tone. There wasn't really a satisfactory answer to a question like that.

Colibri knew the foreign name Cour des Miracles, though that was the extent of her knowledge. She had only strayed near their beach once or twice in the past, and they had remained fairly new and mysterious at the time. She had no inkling that the green-eyed dog, her guardian angel, was actually their leader. She sensed that Alder was patiently waiting for her to reciprocate, but she still hesitated to divulge the complicated tangles of her past. Still, it wasn't like this young man could have known her before, or the circumstances that made it difficult to talk about. "...The last place I called home was Crimson Dreams," she finally sighed, looking downcast. "Although I've never stayed with one pack for long." Some of that was poor luck, although most of it was her own cowardice and tendency to self-sabotage. It was probably obvious to this tall handsome fellow, who no doubt was beloved by his packmates and made good use of his horsemanship. Compared to him, she looked and sounded quite shabby.

He mentioned Hawthorn, another plant name. Coli pictured the thorny shrub with its tiny red berries and the many birds that flocked to feed on them in the colder seasons. This horse was certainly sturdy like a tree, though she might have named the mammoth creature something more like... Mountain, or at least Boulder. She squinted suspiciously as Alder patted its muscular neck, offering for her to do the same. She huffed, shaking her head -- there was no way she was going to get within biting range and lose her fingers. Knowing Hawthorn was an intelligent companion animal didn't set her at ease much, that only meant it could make its own decisions and choose to trample her on its own. "...That's all right, I'm sure he prefers your touch to a stranger's," she muttered stubbornly. Alder's company was preferable to none at all, but that didn't mean she had to like his pet too. Besides, there was something about the gentle friendship they shared so effortlessly... it bothered her, in a way she could only describe as jealousy. Alder would never be lonely if he had Hawthorn at his side...

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli! Smile
[/html]

Messages In This Thread