Not having someone, that’s the worse curse.
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 359 OOC

I am an Omega…We are the same.

Insomnia’s words hit him like a smack on the muzzle. Was this his fault? Had the alphas disapproved of the time they’d spent together and demoted her as a result of their seeming equality? Had Insomnia asked for it in order to be with him? Ceri’s eyes widened in shock, and then he hung his head. I’m so sorry Insomnia, he said. If I’ve done this to you…I’m so sorry.

What’s wrong with me? he thought in silence to himself. Why can I only seem to cause trouble wherever I go? Why is it so impossible for me to make someone smile instead of hurt? I AM a monster… Cerberus stared blankly out at the rolling waters as they frolicked and played, appearing to almost mock the coywolf and the permanent grey cloud that hung over his head. All his life he’d tried to make things easier for others; to show them the bright side of things and that the world was not meant to be taken seriously. All his life he’d tried to help others, to be kind, and to care. Now it was clear that he’d failed at what he’d tried to do all his life, and that he was capable of nothing more than causing chaos. It was a miserable feeling. It was disappointing and shameful to him. Why then, deep down, did it cause him the tiniest bit of pleasure?

Shaking his head free of his thoughts, Cerberus nuzzled Insomnia’s cheek and then nudged her offending feathers out of her eyes with his black snout. Finally, his gaze returned to the rolling waters before them, and this time he seemed to delight in the way they tumbled and crashed, stirring up debris in their wake. Perhaps he was like the ocean: beautiful and loved by some, while hated and accused of treachery by others. Stepping toward the glittering waters, he poked his toes into it and let the coolness soothe the limbs that ached with remorse. Then he peered over his shoulder at the ebony wolfess and grinned coyly. Then that’s the way it was meant to be.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread