Don't you remember
[html]

There was a great concern gathering inside his chest. It tightened his heart and made his head ache slightly. Alder was one to absorb the energy around him, he could see it but it did not stop there. He sucked it inside and he was beginning to mimic her panic. It was at that point that he fought against it, and yearned to right the wrong he hadn’t known he was committing. The thoughts raced through his mind, the possible ways to keep the female together as she was so seemingly falling apart.

Her answer made him hopeful, and her smile calmed his own fears slightly. Dark ears listened intently, striving to understand what caused them to halt and be faced with an oncoming disaster. Alder was silent, lips sealed as he fought to smile and not show a frown. He was left with an awkward face in between, as he found it so hard to hide his emotions.

When she said the words he searched his memories. But there was nothing with her name that was brought back from that bank. Anu had told them stories; ones of love and others of loss. At night when they were just pups and not yet eager to sleep, she would unravel tales of knights and dragons and myths that she had heard from her own mother and from other storytellers.

There was one though. One that he did not even glance over in his mind, not because Anu had not been detailed for she always was. But simply not in the way that would cause him to associate Colibri with the maiden of the story. If he would concentrate harder he would see the docked tail, and the fur as pure as the earth itself and eyes more vibrant then the most placid and still of lakes. If he remembered hard enough he would know that the night time tale of a monster looking for blood and that one of the two females that escaped his grasp and lived happily ever after was standing before him.

She spoke again, and the masked boy’s expression did not change much. His concern for the female seemed to fade from his face and he was left with nothing tangible inside. That was what his father did to him. Anu meant everything; his father nothing. Alder shook his head, No. He had nothing against the once-Infernian; he had never done anything against him or his family. Still, he was not celebrated in Alder’s heart. He was the Aquila of Inferni. Gabriel de la Poer. Alder paused in his speech and continued to walk forward. Alder had never waited for his father, nor would he allow him to delay their return to the southern area of ‘Souls.

My parents were good friends, but never mates. My mother has not had a mate since Naniko, the mother of my brother Haven and sister Mati. Though, she was in love after that… It pains her to speak of it, so I do not ask. Alder knew his mother desired company, desired connection and that was how he came to the world, an insight he had come to himself and not from asking Anu outright.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread