Don't you remember
[html]

WC: 319

It was a blessing to know that Haven and Mati were doing well, though she did wonder momentarily what happened to Brooklyn. To hear that Anu eventually found peace, that was a true weight off her shoulders. Inner peace was not something she had ever achieved for herself, but knowing that her cowardly actions had not permanently damaged Anu made her sigh in relief. As much as Colibri needed to feel the approval of others, she needed the reassurance that she was not poison to them all.

"...Not Cour des Miracles?" Coli teased gently, her hesitant smile broadening. It was sweet how loyal Alder was to his birthplace, even after he had evidently outgrown it and moved on. The thought of returning was a tempting one indeed; her heart ached longingly when she remembered the orchards, the sunny fields and sweet blossoms, and most of all, the woman she loved now more than ever. But anxiety and fear coiled in her stomach, a cold sweat beading up on her palms and nosetip. It was too soon to face them. Anu deserved an apology, not a filthy half-starved beggar groveling to get her old home back. And Savina, the thought of those judgmental green eyes staring her down was terrifying. And how many wolves had come and gone in the time she was missing? They had probably forgotten all about her, and wouldn't want a reminder.

"Ah, I'm n-not sure they would even want me back there, Alder... As I said, I didn't stay long, and... well... your mother had reason to be upset with me, I never told her... goodbye." Truth be told, she never wanted to leave at all; it was her detestable insecurities, the damaged part of her psyche that panicked every time she started to feel the beginning of happiness and peace. She rubbed her arms, suddenly feeling chilled despite the morning sun rising above them.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli! Smile
[/html]

Messages In This Thread