Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

On the cusp of desperation she peered across the distance to the skull lined borders awaiting the surface of her kindred soul’s reflection. She waited so quiet and still with hardly the whisper of breath escaping her flared nostrils. What movement there was came from the subtle twitch and bend of her ears, vigilant to the sounds of the afternoon and what message the ancestors may deliver to her. As far as her ears could tell, their voice came as that of her Eurasian howl, faintly screeching as he cut across the sky chasing the fanned tail of his young apprentice as she circled the endless blue in acrobatic bouts.

The golden eyes needn’t see these acts now to know they had transpired, for they were the repetitive movements she had seen before and she could hear the elation in both their voices. Her eyes were better used to scan the distance, combing the terrain for hide or hair… then slightly they widened as they spied the pale fur a part from the dulled ground. Despite her eagerness, the she-wolf remained seated. Both body and mind weighed, she was fixed with only her tail free to display her content in seeing her student turn independent again.

The questioning tone was met with a tired smile. So much to say was left on her tongue unwilling to divulge when the memory would serve only to depress her. She rounded her shoulders, the torn and the scarred to dismiss what worry had come to the female’s face and thoroughly embraced her comforting touch as she neared. Her head gently fell atop the tawny shoulder nuzzling into the weathered fur in greeting and reverence. Quietly she whined her endearment until the necessity of voice became too much to ignore. Her kind had no gesture for the complicated musings that plagued her, for she had never witnessed a need for them among the Nomad. No one had never felt so out of place. No one had ever needed such assurance.

“With the passing of Winter and the coming of Spring… I have found these lands have become stranger to me that the lands I have not crossed.” Carefully she withdrew her head to look fondly into the soft pools of blue. “The Endless Path does not call to me… but a whole different path that has no better end. We call it the Lost Way…” softly, the she-wolf smiled. “…and I cannot bring myself to turn from it. With no guide to pull me from it… I fear I am well on its way to stray down its darkness. But I had hoped to find another route back to the one I knew. It is… just difficult to find it when the path is shrouded…”

461 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread