with a mouth full of bones
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Even if he had been a year old, chances where that Laurel wouldn't have known the difference and still called him a kid. That was the thing, the whole age before beauty trick. Beauty, or in any case, appearance, didn't tell age very well. He didn't look as old as he was and neither did a lot of others, probably only because they took care of themselves. Laurel didn't have any old faded scars that were visible to tell age on and he certainly didn't celebrate birthdays because he didn't remember when he was. He could recall the season, but time and dates and such were entirely lost on him just like tons of others in the world.

“That's a depressing way to put it,” he laughed, “But I guess you're right, the sky has been trying to drown us for a while. Too much rain and we'll be floating away in buckets, not enough and we'll be laying in the riverbeds digging holes where we smell water.” He'd done that before, once on a trip and once because there had been a drought. “So where're you from? I'm Laurel,” he offered with a wiry grin.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread