Reinvention of a bygone era
[html]

| +305

Temo pondered his son for a moment as Honrin entered the shop and closed the door behind him and wondered what brought him to his shop. Everyone always seemed to head off in different directions to do their own things and rarely seemed to visit. But it was a short lived thought as he was happy to see his son. Especially now with just the two of them, maybe this can be a father and son time, which seems rare when because the rest of the family is usually together when he was home in the evenings.

Turning back to his work and studying it for a moment, his thoughts turned to explaining what he was doing. A lathe is a device to turn material so one can shape it all the way around using special knives. He thought back to the research he had done when he saw a human made lathe rusting in a corner of a warehouse and came up with the idea of getting one to work. The humans had them for carving on wood and even had ones that could carve metal.

It was a bit strange because he rarely had anyone interested in what he was doing, but it was nice too, especially when it was his son that was taking an interest. Well, when I push down with my foot on the pedal and release, it causes the wood to turn so I can carve on it with the various knives. He pumped the pedal a couple of times, then brought the knife to the wood, But you have to only carve when the material turns towards you, otherwise the knife will not cut. He kept his explanation general and somewhat simple and let Honrin decide and query if he wanted a more in depth explanation with more detail.

Temo Wolfe

<style>
.papa .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.papa-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; color:#151515; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.papa p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.papa b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.papa {background-color:#084F59; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... fcf3-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.papa-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.papa .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread