[joining] Wavering
[html]
PPing Lilin here with permission as Honey and Jess are absent and I need a leader present for joiners. Optime. 01.07.2012 / 441!

The day had dawned bright and sunny, and Niernan had been awoken by the peachy light warming his dark fur. His mind had automatically raced through the happenings of the days before; meeting Grace again, helping Grace, looking at Grace... His thoughts had been pretty Grace central to be honest. He had decided then that he needed to distract himself and set about clearing away the scrub and weeds from around his hillock house. An hour or so had passed and the sky had paled to a clear, azure blue, the sun beat down on his dark furred back and his shorts had started to make his skin itch as they rubbed against his fur.

His brown rimmed ears pricked and swivelled then, unsure of whether he had heard a faint howl or not. His mind was settled when Lilin's pareo swathed form emerged from her home and glanced at him from across the way. He nodded and they both set off together, making for the borders of the Vinattan packlands and the tiny howl they had heard. Nier easily kept pace with his two-toned Virding, both wolves running in a comfortable and amicable silence. Nier shot Lilin a grin, Seems we've become rather popular, so many visitors and joiners. He chuckled, The Soulstorm grinned back but remained silent, her answer clear in her Mediterranean blue irises.

As they neared their border they slowed, Lilin walked easily beside Niernan and calmly said; I would like to see how you deal with a joiner or visitor Niernan, I know it's a Virdings duty, but if you're to be a scout you'll have to learn. Niers cerulean eyes shot open, he stared at his cousin then; he had never taken on a duty like this, he was usually the muscle that protected the leaders. He nodded his muzzle at her, pride at her allowing him to do this filled his chest, I won't let you down. He promised.

They stepped into the clearing together and his eyes fell on the form of a small black and white furred canine. She seemed to be trembling, he wasn't sure whether it was from fear, excitement or anxiety. He glanced at Lilin and moved forward and step, crouching to be closer to the pups level. Welcome to Vinatta little one. I am Niernan Stormbringer, Hollr of Vinatta. He paused and gestured to Lilin, who was stood slightly behind him, This is Lilin Soulstorm, Virding of Vinatta. She leads us. What is it that you wished to talk to us about? He asked, his voice low and calming, hoping that the pup would be soothed and not scared by him.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread