[joining] Wavering
Quote:Player Name: xexes
Character Name: Sura
Date of Birth: April 11, 2012
Species:   hybrid collie and timber wolf, 50/50
Personality Traits: • impressionable  • energetic  •  inquisitive  •  uncertain •  imaginative
Skills:   •  eager to learn  •  attentiveness  •  keeping out of the way  •   hiding  • playing fetch
NPC Characters/Animals: (none)
Residence: Harrow D'Angelo and Hael Savin's house

[html]

It was the morning sun that had betrayed the tiny eyes of Sura, it's warm rays casting a glow of comfort and casual joy. But the occasion was hardly that. Having stayed up all night through another hellish midnight of parental arguing, her eyelids couldn't stay open when the pinks and oranges began their tug-of-way with the darkness and eventually pulled it away. As it faded to a robin's egg blue, the skies found Sura napping again, unable to sustain herself on the journey onwards.

Whisked away to a foreign place by strangers, Samax and Kabniel, siblings of Hael, all of them relatives she had never met, her life was thus uprooted, torn apart, and rescued from the bleeding rot of a crimson winestain making it's spread across the meticulously mended fabric of the slave society. But Sura was too young to understand why or what was truly happening. Combined with the night of sleep robbed from her, she was incapable of considering such things, let alone putting up a fight to keep the tattered pieces of her old life.

The two had mentioned where they were going and what Sura should do many times, even asking her to repeat it all to them at one point. But that was while she was tired. With eyes wide open, a pink fire of determined will blazing, she was very much aware of how different things were. In fact, she wasn't even sure if the duo was here. She glanced around nervously, only to confirm her confusion. A few sniffs verified that this was the border of the pack.

She knew she was supposed to do something... "I can'ts wemembers whats I'm asposed to does!"(translation), a shy howl proceeded out of her mouth, mostly from stress. Idly, her paws began to move in various directions all at once, sending her body into a sort of tremble, until she found her legs tangled at her body on the ground. "Ouff..., she managed a grunt, squinting one eye, just in case she had gotten sand in it.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]
PPing Lilin here with permission as Honey and Jess are absent and I need a leader present for joiners. Optime. 01.07.2012 / 441!

The day had dawned bright and sunny, and Niernan had been awoken by the peachy light warming his dark fur. His mind had automatically raced through the happenings of the days before; meeting Grace again, helping Grace, looking at Grace... His thoughts had been pretty Grace central to be honest. He had decided then that he needed to distract himself and set about clearing away the scrub and weeds from around his hillock house. An hour or so had passed and the sky had paled to a clear, azure blue, the sun beat down on his dark furred back and his shorts had started to make his skin itch as they rubbed against his fur.

His brown rimmed ears pricked and swivelled then, unsure of whether he had heard a faint howl or not. His mind was settled when Lilin's pareo swathed form emerged from her home and glanced at him from across the way. He nodded and they both set off together, making for the borders of the Vinattan packlands and the tiny howl they had heard. Nier easily kept pace with his two-toned Virding, both wolves running in a comfortable and amicable silence. Nier shot Lilin a grin, Seems we've become rather popular, so many visitors and joiners. He chuckled, The Soulstorm grinned back but remained silent, her answer clear in her Mediterranean blue irises.

As they neared their border they slowed, Lilin walked easily beside Niernan and calmly said; I would like to see how you deal with a joiner or visitor Niernan, I know it's a Virdings duty, but if you're to be a scout you'll have to learn. Niers cerulean eyes shot open, he stared at his cousin then; he had never taken on a duty like this, he was usually the muscle that protected the leaders. He nodded his muzzle at her, pride at her allowing him to do this filled his chest, I won't let you down. He promised.

They stepped into the clearing together and his eyes fell on the form of a small black and white furred canine. She seemed to be trembling, he wasn't sure whether it was from fear, excitement or anxiety. He glanced at Lilin and moved forward and step, crouching to be closer to the pups level. Welcome to Vinatta little one. I am Niernan Stormbringer, Hollr of Vinatta. He paused and gestured to Lilin, who was stood slightly behind him, This is Lilin Soulstorm, Virding of Vinatta. She leads us. What is it that you wished to talk to us about? He asked, his voice low and calming, hoping that the pup would be soothed and not scared by him.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"I can'ts ... I can'ts w'members."(translation), she pouted reluctantly, now settling her energy into her speech. "Mummy says I has go far aways to wibes wif cousins so I not gets killed I not supposed to say dat but I stays up and wistens to mummy fighting. Oder cousins bwought me heres and says...says... oh. 'Vinatta'. Wassat? Is it the yummies? When will mummy come visits me? Is dere cousins here?", questions poured from her lips like water, as if she had hardly heard the introduction to the lands.

When she finished speaking, the energy directed to her tongue was rerouted to her body and once more she began to tremble with a longing for adventure. "Wook at dis! When I wifts my weg wike dis I makes a pee pee", she exclaimed, and demonstrated on a nearby plant, dangerously close to the leg of the one who spoke to her. "If I makes a pee-pee on a fwog will it turns into a pwince?", she continued on.

"Wirding? Souwnds funnies! Wike a widdle biwdie. Cheep cheep! Cheep cheep! Cheep!", she continued on, the velocity of her mouth causing her to lean to one side, tumble over, and then roll onto her belly in a fit of giggles, making more bird noises here and there.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]
AHAHAHAHA She peed on Niernan! That is frickin hilarious! / 388

A tumble of baby speech fell from the pups mouth and Niernan had to struggle to keep up with the babble, he glanced back at Lilin, whose dichotomous receivers were twisted forward to funnel all of the pups words into them. The Virding shrugged, leaving Niernan alone to figure out the baby speech. He thought he got the gist of what the pup had said; she couldn't remember why she was here, her mother had sent her away from danger and she was supposed to live with cousins in the pack. She then seemed to get distracted by the word Vinatta, sending her thoughts off into a spiral.

Nier was about to reply to the pup but the bundle of fur carried on, demonstrating her ability to pee. The yellow stream came dangerously close to Niernans leg, he wanted to do nothing more than recoil from the puppy, but he thought that he would scare her if he did. He stayed put and shuddered in horror as warm pee splashed his toes. The pups next question made Niernan snigger, it sounded like something his brother would have said as a pup, in fact he could remember his brother saying from very similar things when they had been young.

Again, his response was cut off by the youngsters questions and mad puppy babble. He smiled awkwardly at Lilin, his eyes expressing his distress at such a mad experience. Lilin laughed then I agree, not the easiest first mission. She agreed, but she urged him on with a nod. He cleared his throat and fixed his cyan eyes on the pup, aiming to look directly into her lilac orbs. Sweetheart, He said firmly, his Irish accent pulling at the term of endearment, Vinatta is the pack that we belong to. A Virding is an Alpha, like a Mummy and Daddy of a big group of wolves.

He paused and giggled slightly then, I think you need to kiss a frog to turn him into a prince, I don't think pee works the same. His tone became lower, still soothing, but more serious now, hoping that the pup would hear it on a more instinctual level, Do you know the names of your cousins? Do you know where you came from? He asked, hoping beyond all hope that the child had no Dawnrunner connections.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

As the duo began to speak to one another in low voices, the child took it as time that she could fill with her own words. "Wubble wop dooder mooper wowsas waiting .. W is for wapple, W is for waby, W is for wiaper, W is for wookie, W is for welephant, F is fow frowg, G is for giants, Hw is for hwowses, W is for wice, W is for woker, W is for wangawoo, W is for wiar, M is for moder, N is for nettle, O is for octapus, Pw is for pway, W is for wuiet, W is for wynocerous, W is for wongburd, Tw is for twain, U is for underpants, W is for walentine, W is for ..." , she began speaking again, her voice soft as a robin's nest.

When the two had finished, her pink eyes looked up to find the man was now asking her a question. Her ears folded in an apology as her memory replayed what he had said while she was speaking. "Vinatta is the packs I bewongs twos. ", she mostly repeated, staring at the man's mouth now. "So Virdings are my new mummys and daddies!", she concluded, now realizing she was still on her back and rolling onto her feet, her tail ablaze with activity. "Oh boy! Nows my mummy wonts have to travels so fars to visits me cauz my new mommy and daddy will be wight dere!"

"But I don'ts wants to kisses fwogs, dey disgustings, wuck! What if I steps on dem and I squishes dem? Den I get fwoggy pancakes ! Dat funner! Pwinces only bowsses peopwles awound wanyways."

"I can'ts ... I can'ts w'members.", she pouted reluctantly, now settling her energy into her speech. "Mummy says I has go far aways to wibes wif cousins so I not gets killed I not supposed to say dat but I stays up and wistens to mummy fighting. Oder cousins bwought me heres and says...says... oh. 'Vinatta'. Wassat? Is it the yummies? When will mummy come visits me? Is dere cousins here?", questions poured from her lips like water, as if she had hardly heard the introduction to the lands.

"Cousin wousin bousin pousin...", she now launched in sing-song. "Of COURSE I knows where dey comes from! Siwy Willy! Don'tcha knows too? I tell you! Is a big secwet but I knows da answers! Dey comes from da stork! Hehehe, you adults, you shoulds knows dats!", her voice was laughter again.

Suddenly, her laugh morphed into an expression of extreme horror, her tail both drooping and raising at the base at the same time. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the ground. Several seconds passed. "Sura, wemember what we tell you, and wepeat after me. You are Sura Savin, and you're going to Vinatta to wive with your wousin Hael. Now, you wepeat it. " , her voice became mono-toned. Slowly, she looked up, her expression blank and calm. "I wemembers it now. Can I go home? I miss my mommy. I haves to wo wotty and I can wonly woes back at wome. I fowgots to feeds my pet wock. And I have to does chores. Mommy gets vewy upsets when I not does chowes and she weaves her underpants in da sink and stwange man come in and finds it. Why she do dat? Your breafs wink. But I haves to go womes to wo wotty.", she began to speak quickly, her mind groping for everything she could to build her case, despite just having urinated under two minutes ago. She tried to look as convincing as she could, she never was a very good liar. Holding all of her paws underneath her, she tangled them up and rocked to and fro, holding her breath until her eyes started to bulge like a pufferfish. It was the best imitation of the "potty dance" she could muster. Never mind the fact that she'd just called the alphas her parents, she now wanted to see her other mother who had sent her here. "I wills maeks my fawce the turns bwue and wow-ups aww obers you!", she added, her voice as threatening as a puppy's would allow.

"

REFERENCES

[/html]
[html]
Puppies are impossible X_X / 445!

Nier was aware of the low mumble that was a constant as he had his quiet exchange with Lilin, but the child quieted when he spoke up. A broad grin spread across his muzzle as she came to a realisation, he was glad that he got through to her. Yeah, new mums and dads that'll love you and take care of you. He offered a paw to the hectic pup, hoping that maybe she would come closer and calm down, but she carried on with her puppy antics.

The Stormbringer male couldn't help smiling at the pups views on frogs and princes. Frogs aren't that yucky, but you're right about princes little one, bossy boots, all of them. He winked at her, one cyan eye closing briefly as he held his smile. He still offered his paw to the pup but she ignored it yet again, carrying on with her puppy babble.

The pup spouted some nonsense about her cousins coming from a stork and Niernan figured that she meant the story that pups were told about the stork delivering them. His smile slipped a little and he sighed. He was getting a headache. But the child was not finished and the next spurt of words contained valuable information. The pups happy disposition changed in an instant and she became fearful, letting her full name and her cousins name tumble from her tiny maw. Niers ears pricked up, Savin? You are Hael and Nahyt's cousin? Ok, now we're getting somewhere. He said, his voice encouraging. He was distressed and shocked when the pup then burst into a frantic babble about home, her mother, going potty and some very odd things indeed. He was about to comfort her when she started rocking, and holding her breath, but the thing that he feared the most was her threat to throw up on him, he had never been fond of vomit.

He moved forwards quickly, hoping that his outstretched hand-paw would pat the pups head reassuringly, It's ok sweetheart, your cousins are here, they'll look after you, so will we. You'll be safe here darling, you can go potty whenever you want, you only have to ask. He paused, looked back at Lilin, silently asking if she was safe, the Virding nodded and offered the pup a motherly, or Lilins estimate of motherly, smile. Nier held his arms out to the pup, Come with us to your new home, we'll look after you. Hael will look after you. You can even have a whole herd of pet rocks. I'm sure your mother is looking after your other pet rock. He rumbled softly, hoping the child would calm and come with them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sura began to paw at the dirt now, almost as if she wasn't listening but had instead become engrossed with the dirt. It was only when she spoke to herself that it was clear that she had been taking notes, but to what extent was unclear. "Mums and dads and fwogs and couwsins and wocks."

As the man spoke the initiative , she made quick nods with her head to indicate her understanding, her pouting stopping as soon as it started. "Okay, I comes wif you to my new homes, and I askes-es-es ebewy time I needs goes the potties. I will hab wots of wocks, n' I names dem all Hael, cuz mummy takes cares of my pet wocks at home. Does I go potties insides or outsides? I no wants anyones the wooking. Den I can't goes. Or when I SPWASHES it..PHEEEEWWWWW PEW PEW PEW." , she made exaggerated sounds of water splashing and then continued making more sounds of no relation except for their level of volume as they proceeded from Sura's lisped lips.

"I fowwows you. Huwwies up! Or I steps on your tails! I gonna steps on it!" , she now tried to get behind the man wherever possible in order to try to squash his tail to the ground with her paws. However, her movements were so slow and clumsy that it was physically impossible for her to be fast enough to even grasp anyone's tail, even her own.

-- fade out --

"

REFERENCES

[/html]

Seems like a good point to end.
[html]
Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]