taking the long way home
[html]

Hey, if both of you don't mind could we set this a day or two later? I forgot I wanted to have Fayne go visit Noah's brother and get a lesson on midwifery. Smile

Finally the three trained warriors were on their way back to New Dawn. Fayne could already feel the cool grass between her toes and the smell of flowers in her nostrils as she rolled around in her beloved meadow. She couldn't wait to step foot across the border with her new found confidence. No longer was she afraid to tread outside of New Dawn's borders now knowing that she would be able to protect herself and her family. Amy would no longer be able to push her around and use her for lessons, she was her own boss now. Casa had been an overwhelming but well needed experience for the naive wolf. Not only did she learn how to use her hands to fight, but she now knew that she could find a friend in the canine's from Casa. They were all allies, there and willing to help whenever needed. Though their ways were complete opposite from New Dawn's, they were every bit as viable and even though she'd always be apprehensive about their ways she wasn't frightened of them. Of course, she'd rather not go through that experience again.

The silver she-wolf was glad to be traveling on four legs again. Confidence radiated off of her as she strode with her head and tail held high and ears pushed forward pridefully. Now she could be proud of herself, able to help her pack in some way. Fayne knew she still needed to work on several other skills like hunting, and her midwifery, but at least now she was taking a step in the right direction. Though she didn't show it, there was a subtle sadness she had for leaving the odd place. The training was hard but it was fun and she enjoyed every moment of it, glad to have seen Adelle again too.

The journey was interesting as well. As they traveled there were many new sights to be seen and on the way here she'd been to frightened to have noticed them. This time around she took her time walking looking over the different landscapes and remnants of human civilizations. The necklace that dangled from her neck was proof that beauty was still burred in those remains. If only a little, she could appreciate the buildings and items the humans had left behind.

Fayne's attention was drawn away from her surroundings when Palaydrian finally broke the silence, her green eyes shifting to look at her pack sister. Her question brought an immediate laugh from the silver wolf and a slight nod. They all knew her and Tharin had been incredibly intimidated. She nodded to Tharin's statement as well. I certainly was. I didn't tell anyone, but I spent every night huddled under those covers, I was terrified. It took me an hour to gather myself the next day. A breath was taken before she spoke again, voice conveying the gratitude she had for them now. They were strange. Their lifestyle is very different from ours, but they're good in my book. Her ears flicked back and she looked over at her Siamese friend. I was following Palaydrian around the whole time like a lost child. Sorry bout' that. She laughed a little, still ashamed for being so clingy.

<style type="text/css">
.desertfayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca450c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.desertfayne .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.desertfayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.desertfayne {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#fdd34d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/icALr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 600px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fb5a00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread